Old April 21st 05, 11:58 PM

My eight years older brother was an MP.Years later,he got into
Helicopter Maintnance.(he always was a good mechanic) He and I were in
Vietnam in 1964,his second Tour of Duty in Vietnam following a year in
Germany,1963.He was at Vung Tau,Vietnam.I once caught the Chaplin Run
one Sunday to go visit my brother.He was in R.O.T.C. at Central High
School in Jackson back in the early 1950's.
www.angelfire.com/md2/Ldotvets
cuhulin

Old April 22nd 05, 12:00 AM

Bruce Jensen,I Salute your dad.
cuhulin

Old April 22nd 05, 12:04 AM

I wasen't bitter about my three years in the U.S.Army and I am not
bitter now.It was a Job.
cuhulin

Old April 22nd 05, 01:11 AM
Dan

I Worked with a guy who was in Germany in the 30's & was in Hitler
Youth..
" Like the Boy Scouts" was his take on it..
Nice guy, good sense of humor, usually easy going, hard worker..
& then
" That Jew ******* " would jump out when he spoke..
.. & I'd just cringe..
Had a teacher who lost her whole family in the Holocast;
One of the best teachers I had in College
our neighbors fled from Germany to Switzerland & then landed in the
U.S. & learned english & worked hard &
luckily survived & did OK..
&
I had a freind who lost her mother in the holocast..

- So I think the Pope must have learned a horrible lesson in
his youth..
He and I may have different views on a variety of issues
but
They wouldn't have picked him if he wasn't a truly good man..

Old April 22nd 05, 01:18 AM
Honus

"Dan" wrote in message
ups.com...

They wouldn't have picked him if he wasn't a truly good man..

You've GOT to be kidding.

Old April 22nd 05, 02:45 PM
John S.

Most guys seem to take that approach.

Old April 22nd 05, 02:58 PM

onetime,personally,I have never killed anybody before.I worked in
Ammunition Supply in www.114thaviationcompany.com in Vietnam in
1964.I HOPE the Ammunition (Small Arms Ammo on up to Rockets) my
coworkers and myself supplied to our 114th Aviation Company Base Camps
KILLED (KILLED!!!!) many,many,many of the Vietcong! You snotty nose
Mother ****er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would Gladly (GLADLY!) do
it all over again too!
cuhulin

Old April 22nd 05, 02:59 PM

****ing!!!!!!! tesco,tesco food stores in limeyland.onetime,YOU GO TO
HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuhulin

Old April 22nd 05, 07:18 PM

onetime,personally,I have never killed anybody before.I worked in
Ammunition Supply in www.114thaviationcompany.com in Vietnam in
1964.I HOPE the Ammunition (Small Arms Ammo on up to Rockets) my
coworkers and myself supplied to our 114th Aviation Company Base

Camps
KILLED (KILLED!!!!) many,many,many of the Vietcong! You snotty nose
Mother ****er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would Gladly (GLADLY!)

do
it all over again too!
cuhulin

This is a little unclear - you DID kill someone ("onetime") or you
didn't?

Nevermind.

It does look as though you regret not killing - or knowing that you
killed - people. Let's assume that those weapons you supplied did kill
"many, many, many of the Vietcong", and let us further assume that by
"many" you mean 10.

You cannot, of course, claim any hand in targeting those weapons, and
so the best we can to to guage their effect is to assume they matched
the average effect of the United States over the run of the war.

Simple arithmetic then shows that you would then be responsible for
killing 1000 "Vietcong" - but that's not all. Using gerally accepted
casualty figures you would also be responsible for killing roughly 1800
innocent Vietnamese civillians; and about 13 Americans and one or two
members of other forces (Australian and the like).

There, now. Feel better?

Pope's Death: A Defining Moment Al Patrick Shortwave 19 April 14th 05 08:14 PM
God & the pope on infallibility Al Patrick Shortwave 0 April 8th 05 06:08 PM
Eastbourne Youth Radio goes on air Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 November 25th 04 09:04 AM
Patriot Act....Part 2 m II Shortwave 3 October 11th 04 11:32 PM
NEWS: N2DUP pledges to appoint youth as assistant section manager Chuck Gysi N2DUP General 0 May 15th 04 10:53 PM