Old April 21st 05, 07:37 PM
dxAce

Default (OT) NAZI's, Hitler Youth, The Pope et al.

I knew (know) a lot of people in Germany who were forced into the Hitler Youth
and drafted into the German Army in WWII.

I've personally never had a problem with a single one of them and even though
many of them were captured by US forces during the war, I was welcomed by them
all into their homes.

Some of the best times I've ever had. Personally guided tours to a lot of
different places that I'll probably never see again, but I sure was glad to meet
them all.

The really unfortunate thing is that all veterans of WWII, and those who lived
through it are rapidly departing this life...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 21st 05, 07:47 PM

I know a guy (via email) who is of German ancestry.He was born in
Croatia.During World War Two,the nazis sent him and his sister and his
parents to naziland.(Germany) He once told me (he is my same age) that
was the best thing the nazis ever did for them.When he was nine years
old,they immigrated to America.He has 47 years experience with working
with computers and he knows every computer operating system that has
ever existed and he also uses webtv AND his computers.Anything I want to
know about computers,I always ask him.
cuhulin

Old April 21st 05, 07:56 PM
bpnjensen

Nice post. I think this points up the fact that many people in Germany
in the 30's and 40's were not particularly bad people, not bad at all
really, but were swept along with everyone else in the hysteria spread
by their leadership. I'm sure lots of German people were afraid and
very upset about what the Nazis stood for. Good people *can* get
caught up in bad times; one can only hope that it will always be
temporary.

Bruce Jensen

Old April 21st 05, 08:04 PM

Back in the 1950's,at the South end of the road I live on,there was a
German lady from Germany and she had married an American guy who was in
World War Two,they had a little girl.Where the North end of the Road I
live on T's into Carter Circle,an eighty five year old guy (American
guy) lives there and he was in the U.S.Army,149th Signal Company in
Europe (Germany and France) during World War Two.I used to know a guy
(American guy,he passed away about three years ago) who lived in
Pearl,Mississippi,he was originally from Chunky,Mississippi when he was
born (Pearl is just across the Pearl River,East of Jackson) and he was
in Asia,U.S.Navy during World War Two,some of those Islands over there
in Asia where the worst fighting was going on.I don't care what some
folks say,I have my Opinions too,I Still Say,Damn naziland (Germany) to
HELL!!!!!
Same with limeyland too.
cuhulin

Old April 21st 05, 08:23 PM
Les

A German lady from Germany........

You are beyond help, that much is very clear.

Just kill yourself and save the county/state some money.

Les

Old April 21st 05, 08:32 PM

Those millions of nazis (Germans) were (and still are DUMB!,there are
many,many of them today! wanting the old nazism to come back!,just like
many,many russkys today are wanting the old style stalism communism to
come back today!) DUMB! during that era.They believed and sucked up
(lots of them did) to that nazi crap! They will Never Learn! Now,let me
get on over to the Goodwill thrift store and flirt with them wimmins
over there.naziland's economy is Failing! now,or have y'all noticed
that? To that,I Say,GOOD!
cuhulin

Old April 21st 05, 08:43 PM
John S.

Yes, it is interesting that most of the guys that fight the wars are
not there out of choice. They are there not out of some burning desire
to kill the other side, but, are there to do a job they have been
ordered to do. The pilots, sailors and soldiers I've talked with are
willing to talk about the personal side of their wartime experience -
the people met, comrades, fun time in camp and to an extent what the
war machines were like to operate. They go understandably quiet the
closer the conversation gets to what really happens in wartime.

Old April 21st 05, 09:11 PM
Greg

From: dxAce
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:37:23 -0400
Subject: (OT) NAZI's, Hitler Youth, The Pope et al.

I knew (know) a lot of people in Germany who were forced into the Hitler Youth
and drafted into the German Army in WWII.

I've personally never had a problem with a single one of them and even though
many of them were captured by US forces during the war, I was welcomed by them
all into their homes.

Some of the best times I've ever had. Personally guided tours to a lot of
different places that I'll probably never see again, but I sure was glad to
meet
them all.

The really unfortunate thing is that all veterans of WWII, and those who lived
through it are rapidly departing this life...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drakeman, were you stationed in Germany or was this as a civilian? I was
stationed in Bad Kreuznach, 8th Infantry Div MP Company (67-69), tho I never
busted anybody!

Greg

Old April 21st 05, 09:12 PM
bpnjensen

John S. wrote:

Yes, it is interesting that most of the guys that fight the wars are

not there out of choice. They are there not out of some burning desire

to kill the other side, but, are there to do a job they have been
ordered to do. The pilots, sailors and soldiers I've talked with are
willing to talk about the personal side of their wartime experience -
the people met, comrades, fun time in camp and to an extent what the
war machines were like to operate. They go understandably quiet the
closer the conversation gets to what really happens in wartime.

My Dad was in Korea 22 months. This describes his feelings to a tee.
When asked about the war, he replied that he was mostly bitter, that he
felt two years of his life were just washed away, and that he missed so
much at home. Other than telling us that drove and operated a
Jeep/Truck with an 88mm "cannon" mounted on top, he never really talked
about his experience - he just wanted to forget it. He won several
sharpshooter and other awards (bars and small medals) and he won a
bronze star - for what, we will now never know - he never told us, and
his HD papers do not reveal the circumstances.

Bruce Jensen

Old April 21st 05, 11:49 PM
dxAce

From: dxAce
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:37:23 -0400

I knew (know) a lot of people in Germany who were forced into the Hitler Youth
and drafted into the German Army in WWII.

I've personally never had a problem with a single one of them and even though
many of them were captured by US forces during the war, I was welcomed by them
all into their homes.

Some of the best times I've ever had. Personally guided tours to a lot of
different places that I'll probably never see again, but I sure was glad to
meet
them all.

The really unfortunate thing is that all veterans of WWII, and those who lived
through it are rapidly departing this life...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drakeman, were you stationed in Germany or was this as a civilian?

I was there both in the military and later as a civilian. I lived in Munchen for a
while.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Pope's Death: A Defining Moment Al Patrick Shortwave 19 April 14th 05 08:14 PM
God & the pope on infallibility Al Patrick Shortwave 0 April 8th 05 06:08 PM
Eastbourne Youth Radio goes on air Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 November 25th 04 09:04 AM
Patriot Act....Part 2 m II Shortwave 3 October 11th 04 11:32 PM
NEWS: N2DUP pledges to appoint youth as assistant section manager Chuck Gysi N2DUP General 0 May 15th 04 10:53 PM