Old April 30th 05, 08:14 PM
Jim

david, no ****! dont get me wrong. i am in no way standing for or
promoting webtv. i am saying that bigotry is a habit. when i see a
computer bigot in action i can presume that he is also a bigot in other
more important aspects of his life. i just feel sick that people are so
empty in their lives that they take their self respect and self image
from some piece of hardware. "i gots me a "puter! i is smart!" i see
bikers doing this with their harly davidson scooters. to them even a bmw
scooter isnt good enough. there is a guy right on this ng with a drake
who tells guys with lesser radios to "tote it!". in short some buy their
reputation and self worth with cash and imagine themselves the elite.
the rest of us normal well balanced people with plenty of
responsibilities to give our lives meaning are just unwashed masses.
and by the way....... as my hot rod lap top computer lies on the shelf
broke down for the third (and last) time from something that i suspect i
got right HERE, i am using my wife's webtv. if i ever put another penny
into that computer it will be to dedicate it to run a tentec black box
radio.

Old April 30th 05, 10:02 PM
wolly wig-wag

"Ryan" wrote in message
Strange that he's gone. I think Webtv go so many complaints that he
either got suspended or TOS'd. Either is ok by me.

AOL will probably pick him up.
They'll give ISP access to anyone as long
as they have a credit card and a telephone dial up.
(I'd not be suprised if Usama Bin Laden turned
out to be an AOL member - grin)

Old April 30th 05, 10:04 PM
wolly wig-wag

"Honus" wrote in message

This is all I was ever able to find. Since he's always on about his Irish
roots, it makes sense.

......it figures!

(Cuhulin is yet another balding drunken irish corner
taproom barstool warmer....grin)

Old April 30th 05, 10:52 PM
H Davis

Christ, what a jerk you are! I kind of liked the nasty old curmudgeon! At
least he was somewhat entertaining. And I don't see much in the way of
interesting shortwave subject matter coming from this group ....... and that
includes you. I hope he comes back.

Instead of running to mommy and tattling, why not just filter him out!?

HD

"Larry's Nightmare" wrote in message
oups.com...

His real name is James Larry Ryan, he posts under cuhulin,
flowerinthewater, alice, and others from his webtv. One of his nick
names over on the webtv group on google is D Day Larry and LOL (Larry
on Line). They are rejoicing over in the webtv group the fact he may be
gone. I know I am. I sent copies of all of his filth and abusive posts
to webtv. I certainly hope I contributed to his demise.

Old April 30th 05, 11:31 PM
David

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 14:14:48 -0500, (Jim)
wrote:

[...]

I just buy the cheapest thing Fry's sells and upgrade as required.
The Ten-Tec is tempting. I'll probably wait for Solar Max though.

There's some PDA apps for the TenTec that look really sweet. Get a
used PDA and a black box for solar powered backpacking DX maybe.

I keep all my status symbols hidden.

Old May 1st 05, 01:49 AM
Michael Beacom

In article ,
David wrote:

There's some PDA apps for the TenTec that look really sweet. Get a
used PDA and a black box for solar powered backpacking DX maybe.

I keep all my status symbols hidden.

Hi-

I'm using Rory Davis' Palm software to drive my Ten-Tec 321, it was the
only Palm software I could find. What other Palm apps are available?

Thanks
Mike
Old May 1st 05, 02:04 AM
Les

Larry's Nightmare wrote:
=80 Dr. Artaud =80 wrote:
Ryan wrote in
:

Not desiring to pursue your comments with bias, (in other words,

I'm
not
taking sides), complaints about what?

Oddly enough, while watching the posts on this NG, clearly 40% of

them
are not related to shortwave in any clear way. Many of the posts

are
initiators concerning Cuhulin, designed to elicit a response, a

flame
war
if you will.

Hopefully, the link that he posted the other day, a nude man

sitting
in
front of his web camera, holding a WebTV keyboard across his

genitals,
was not, in fact, Cuhulin. Do you know if it purportedly was?

The only real problem that I have with Cuhulin is his name, as I

find
it
nearly impossible to write it without screwing the word up. Is

Cuhulin is
name, or does it stand for something that I don't understand?

I used to work with a man that was very acerbic to everyone in the

area,
including the supervisor. If I or virtually anyone else would have

made
comments to the supervisor as I have heard this man make, we would

have
been given time off. For some reason, coming from this man though,

his
comments just seemed natural, the supervisor would laugh. I can't

think
of anyone that didn't enjoy hearing his abusive comments on the

portable
radios that we carried. I kind of think of Cuhulin this way, he

really
had me laughing on some of his posts, wimmins and all, he just has

way
with words.

Thanks and Regards,

Dr. Artaud

Strange that he's gone. I think Webtv go so many complaints that

he
either got suspended or TOS'd. Either is ok by me.

His real name is James Larry Ryan, he posts under cuhulin,
flowerinthewater, alice, and others from his webtv. One of his nick
names over on the webtv group on google is D Day Larry and LOL (Larry
on Line). They are rejoicing over in the webtv group the fact he may

be
gone. I know I am. I sent copies of all of his filth and abusive

posts
to webtv. I certainly hope I contributed to his demise.

I see he is already posting under his Alice name on this group. Maybe
he puts on the "wimmins" clothing and then his alter ego takes over???

He'll say that he isn't alice, but a quick search shows "Alice" posting
using the same goofy language Cuhulin uses. He must have forgotten to
change identities before changing his posting styles........:-)

Les

Old May 1st 05, 04:24 AM
Bitter Beer Face

Just another _dumb_ WebTVer here! )

Your wish won't happen i'm afraid!
Perhaps even less likely seeing as how the abusive language is tossed
equally towards Larry by some here. By that I mean, how can you complain
about his attacks when people here attack him also? Just my personal
opinion here.

Take it from me, I sent so many of his rants to abuse, I wore out my
keyboard!
"We" tried everything to rid our peaceful fun loving group of Larry for
the better part of a year without success.

As some have suggested, about the only thing you can do is ignore, kill
file, etc., as he won't leave voluntarily from all that I have seen.

I do know of something that may work for you folks but you will have to
e-mail me for what I have to offer. I will not post it here for my own
reasons. I can only relate my own experience and what happened and you
can judge it for yourself.

And for what it's worth, I have had more than a few laughs reading this
group and your "love" of said subject!..LOL

Have a good day!

Old May 1st 05, 08:59 PM
RM MS

If you wanna see a load of pickaninny crap, just get involved with
anybody on AOL. Now that is a pain in the neck. As for the Hardly
Davidson comment, I agree totally. I see these guys in their 40's and
50's buying these things on a Monkey-See-Monkey-Do basis and all of a
sudden they are pros and authorities about all things Harley. Then
comes the clownish-looking leather clothing and the tattoos, and by God,
the Pony Tail. Anybody who has ever ridden for any length of time (like
me) knows the truth: The lowliest, most basic Japanese twin will handle
a hundred times better and blow the doors off any Harley ever made. For
a tenth the price.

abuse webtv Ryan Shortwave 34 May 1st 05 02:17 AM
My old Radio [email protected] Shortwave 26 March 8th 05 03:32 AM
Cuhulin and David melt down, audio at 11 running dogg Shortwave 5 March 6th 05 07:06 PM
Landshark: Liar, Forger, WebTV user I Am Not George CB 6 February 3rd 04 02:45 PM