Old May 21st 05, 01:39 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Pete KE9OA wrote:

Didn't this start out as somebody looking for an opinion about a lost eBay
auction?

No, actually it was started off as a post by an individual whining like the
cry-baby he/she/it is about a lost eBay auction.

As in: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... I got outbid.

Let's inject some semblance of reality here.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 21st 05, 01:46 PM
Pete KE9OA

She did, because she told him that she would.

We only have his word at what she said. We do not know exactly
whatshe said or whathe said. So its premature to say that she was at
fault at all. Besides all he is really doing now is whining like a
baby and trying to get attention. Perhaps he is hoping spmeone will
take pity on him an offer to sell him a SW radio

This newsgroup is about shortwave radio, but I think is also serves a need
for social interraction. This is a good thing; people need to know that they
are all special. If somebody runs into an unhappy situation the way Lucky
did, I don't see any problem with his venting on rec.radio.shortwave.
It is a heck of a lot better than some of those off-topic political posts
that tend to bash certain individuals.
We are all people, and we are going to feel emotional at certain times.
Expressing our feelings are healthy. For those who don't believe this, maybe
we should start a newsgroup entitled rec.people.automatons............just
kidding.
You are correct............maybe we don't really know what the exchange was
between Lucky and the eBay seller, but I think that my first assessment was
probably correct.
I think that this was an inexperienced seller. I also think that this might
have been the first time she was in this kind of situation and that she
didn't know how to handle it. Part of being human, you know.................
I can understand Lucky's disappointment with the deal. I remember, several
years ago I was at the Rockwell-Collins Inventory Disposal store. We all had
a gentlemens' agreement that the first person in line would have the first
pick of one of the good pieces of test equipment that were available.
My friend Jack was first in line, and he got ahold of a nice HP 436A RF
power meter, with the sensors for only 20 dollars.
Boy, was I mad at him!
As time went on, I realized that people are more important than things, no
matter how nice the things are. I told him that I was pretty mad at him at
that time, but that his friendship was much more important than a piece of
test equipment. We remained good friends over the years, and last year, he
gave me a really good deal on an 8444A, Option 059 Tracking Generator. This
is the matching unit for my 8558B Spectrum Analyzer.
The whole point of this rant (and rave) is that if a deal on one item is
missed, another one will always show up in the future.
As an example, a friend of mine (Dave Z) just ordered a Lowe HF250 receiver
from some place in the UK that does ship to the US. Around 800 dollars with
shipping and import duty.............not much more than tha HF150E that the
Japanese fellow bought from eBay.

Pete

Old May 21st 05, 02:01 PM
dxAce

Pete KE9OA wrote:

[...]

Noooooooooooooo... he simply was out bid.

Once again... a real no-brainer.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 30th 05, 03:40 AM
Eunty JEck

"m II" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:

And talk about depressed... I've never ever seen anyone throw such a

hissy fit
because he/she/it couldn't what they wanted.

I hate it when I can't what I wanted..

mike

Take your medication loser.

Old May 30th 05, 11:02 PM

On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:50:22 GMT, "Pete KE9OA"
wrote:

Never.................a person's word is supposed to be as good as gold. Too
bad that being responsible isn't looked at as a virtue anymore. Years ago, I
used to work in customer service for one of the major banks.

Years ago I wasraised to believe an unoccupied convertible
with the top down, a gold bar in plain sight on the seat and the
engine running could be looked at, but not otherwise messed with.

Quit living in the past.

Our department
head pounded it into us that when taking care of a customer problem, even if
we didn't have the solution yet, we should call them from time to time to
let them know that we were still working on a solution to their problem.

Pete

"Cmd Buzz Corey" wrote in message
Pete KE9OA wrote:
I am not talking about losing the auction............I am talking about
the way that she said she would get back to him, and didn't.

So you have *never* in your life told someone you would get back to them
and didn't I suppose.

Old May 30th 05, 11:04 PM

On 18 May 2005 16:35:14 -0700, "Tipo" wrote:

You lot need to chill out.wtf has all this oneupmanship got to do with
shortwave listening.

It pertains to reliable acquisition of the necessary
equipment, which you might have gathered if you were paying attention.