Old May 21st 05, 03:38 PM
Dave_In_CT

Default sw55 vs sw77

Has anyone ever compared these two rigs?

I have read reviews on both, and they seem similar in features other than
the sw55 doesn't have sync detection. The sw77 has a few more features.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has done a side by side comparison and if
so what was the results.

I have my sw77 in at Sony for a repair and I got a good deal on a sw55, but
I have neither at the moment and am a little anxious to use them.

Just like a little kid.

Dave

Old May 22nd 05, 04:06 AM
Brian Denley

Dave_In_CT wrote:
Has anyone ever compared these two rigs?

I have read reviews on both, and they seem similar in features other
than the sw55 doesn't have sync detection. The sw77 has a few more
features.
I'm just wondering if anyone here has done a side by side comparison
and if so what was the results.

I have my sw77 in at Sony for a repair and I got a good deal on a
sw55, but I have neither at the moment and am a little anxious to use
them.
Just like a little kid.

Dave

Dave:
The SW55 travels better. It's about half the size of an 8.5 x 11" sheet of
paper. The SW77 has, as you said, the sync detector. The choice really
depends on what you need.

--
Brian Denley

Old May 22nd 05, 10:49 AM
Dave_In_CT

Dave_In_CT wrote:
Has anyone ever compared these two rigs?

I have read reviews on both, and they seem similar in features other
than the sw55 doesn't have sync detection. The sw77 has a few more
features.
I'm just wondering if anyone here has done a side by side comparison
and if so what was the results.

I have my sw77 in at Sony for a repair and I got a good deal on a
sw55, but I have neither at the moment and am a little anxious to use
them.
Just like a little kid.

Dave

Dave:
The SW55 travels better. It's about half the size of an 8.5 x 11" sheet
of paper. The SW77 has, as you said, the sync detector. The choice
really depends on what you need.

--
Brian Denley

Brian,
Many thanks for the reply. I can't wait to mess around with it.

Nice collection you have.
Dave

Old May 22nd 05, 02:00 PM
LC

"Dave_In_CT" wrote
Has anyone ever compared these two rigs?

You may also be interested in these two Yahoo Groups:

Sony SW55 - help request Vitor Hugo Shortwave 3 September 16th 04 10:42 AM
Sony SW55 - help request Shortwave 0 September 15th 04 01:36 AM
attn: DeWayne--how's the SW77 working for you? Kierkecaat Shortwave 4 May 25th 04 03:55 AM
F.S.Sony SW55 BobAR8 Shortwave 0 May 21st 04 02:06 AM
Icom R75 or Sony SW77? Sara Shortwave 14 December 16th 03 01:49 AM