Old June 2nd 05, 05:58 PM
dxAce

beerbarrel wrote:

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:29:32 GMT, "RickH"
wrote:

According to the description in the auction:
This was removed from a factory sealed box only to be photographed.

By not mentioning the dent, I think he is hiding something. I wouldn't take
a chance. I would return the item to him and leave negative feedback. That
will teach him a lesson. I wouldn't accept a financial settlement, because
if the item is defective its useful life is reduced.

RickH

The minute he leaves a neg, he can forget returning it. Did you ever
stop to think that he might have another that he would be willing to
exchange? I'm going to forward the guy Lucky's post to the group. At
least that will allow the seller to see what kind of loon he is
dealing with.

You're a genius!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 2nd 05, 06:11 PM
dxAce

beerbarrel wrote:

wrote:

[...]

He is whinning and crying about nothing don't you think? I've
certainly added him to my blocked bidders list. I would suggest that
everyone else here do the same. I guess it does make for good
entertainment though.

It's just like radio itself, entertainment.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 2nd 05, 06:21 PM
dxAce

beerbarrel wrote:

wrote:

[...]

How did we get so Lucky?

We are truly blessed.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 2nd 05, 07:31 PM
Mark S. Holden

Lucky wrote:

Hi Guys

Well my "brand new in Box" only taken out of box for pictures, arrived with
a dent in the bottom left hand side near the switch. It was double boxed and
had bubble wrap around it. The boxes arrived in Perfect condition. Not
crushed at all.

I wondered what the hell is going on here.
So I go back to the auction and take the picture he put up and enlarged it.
Sure enough you can see the dent in the picture if you look hard. I can't
believe this ****.

Take a look at the auction yourself. Take the picture and enlarge it. That's
the only way to see it. Look at the bottom left hand side and you can see
it's dented it on the side. What would you guys do? It looks like it might
have been dropped or something. Notice how he doesn't mention ONE word about
this dent. WTF is this world coming too?
Could the PSU be damaged inside?

Look along the left hand side and move down near the bottom. See it?

Lucky

Odds are it's just cosmetic damage.

Power supplies aren't the sort of thing people normally buy for beauty.

The seller should have mentioned it - so you might ask for a price adjustment,
or to return it for a refund. But life is too short to get worked up over a
$5-10 problem.

The fact the damage can be seen in the picture if you look closely doesn't help
your case. He could reply that you should have looked closer before bidding.

Obviously if it's dead, he owes you a refund.
Old June 2nd 05, 08:47 PM
Lucky

ink.net...

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

So you think I should return it then? He said , his "helper" took the
pictures. I think I should report him to Ebay and leave neg feedback if he
doesn't make good on it.

Lucky

Old June 2nd 05, 08:53 PM
Lucky

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

[...]

It's not dead, but I don't know to what extent the inside damage is done.
Like one poster said, how can he be trusted?
He basically lied. He should give me a $25 refund to make things right. I
think I should contact Ebay and leave negative feedback.

Lucky

Old June 2nd 05, 08:55 PM
Lucky

ink.net...

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

Yes he told me his "helper" took the pictures. So let's see, his helper
didn't notice the dent even though it was taken out of a "factory sealed
box" His "helper" said nothing to him about it and just packed it right back
up? Who the hell would buy that? Not me. And he needs a "helper" to take the
pictures for him?

Lucky

Old June 2nd 05, 09:04 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

ink.net...

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

You probably need a "helper" to go to the bathroom and wipe your "Lucky" ass.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 2nd 05, 09:18 PM
Lucky

Lucky wrote:

[...]

Mark, I asked him for a $25 adjustment which is fair. The last SL-11a went
for $20.

and I really trusted this guy too. He turned something easy and nice into an
uneeded hassle. If he was real proper seller, he should refund me the $25
and let me post it here for all to know. This world is turning into crap.

Lucky

Old June 2nd 05, 09:22 PM
Lucky

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Lucky. I hope that the unit works
okay. Indeed, as Namikis observed, such occurances as this are "part
of life on eBay."
In the meantime, to vent your anger, try giving that Everlife
flashlight a good shake, okay?
By the way, did all 100 of the pipe screens arrive in acceptable
condition?

Yes the screens are fine. I gave up cigarettes and now smoke a pipe.

Lucky