Old June 2nd 05, 09:27 PM
Mark S. Holden

Lucky wrote:

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

Hi Guys

Well my "brand new in Box" only taken out of box for pictures, arrived
with
a dent in the bottom left hand side near the switch. It was double boxed
and
had bubble wrap around it. The boxes arrived in Perfect condition. Not
crushed at all.

I wondered what the hell is going on here.
So I go back to the auction and take the picture he put up and enlarged
it.
Sure enough you can see the dent in the picture if you look hard. I can't
believe this ****.

Take a look at the auction yourself. Take the picture and enlarge it.
That's
the only way to see it. Look at the bottom left hand side and you can see
it's dented it on the side. What would you guys do? It looks like it
might
have been dropped or something. Notice how he doesn't mention ONE word
about
this dent. WTF is this world coming too?
Could the PSU be damaged inside?

Look along the left hand side and move down near the bottom. See it?

Lucky

Odds are it's just cosmetic damage.

Power supplies aren't the sort of thing people normally buy for beauty.

The seller should have mentioned it - so you might ask for a price
adjustment,
or to return it for a refund. But life is too short to get worked up over
$5-10 problem.

The fact the damage can be seen in the picture if you look closely doesn't
help
your case. He could reply that you should have looked closer before
bidding.

Obviously if it's dead, he owes you a refund.

It's not dead, but I don't know to what extent the inside damage is done.
Like one poster said, how can he be trusted?
He basically lied. He should give me a $25 refund to make things right. I
think I should contact Ebay and leave negative feedback.

Lucky

I doubt there is any damage to the circuit though you could rotate it in a few
directions to see if you hear any rattling. If you don't hear anything and it
works, odds are quite good the damage is just cosmetic.

If the damage is worth $25 to you, it probably makes sense to return it for a
refund. It's more than half of what you paid for the supply.

I would only leave negative feedback if you are unable to reach an acceptable
solution. If you leave a neg, don't expect anything from the guy. He may
retaliate and leave you a neg too.
Old June 2nd 05, 09:51 PM
Lucky

Lucky wrote:

[...]

Mark,

An used one went for $20 and I saw another one go for $21. And it's not just
the dent. I find his story hard to accept. If it's from a factory new box,
why should it be dented in the first place? It shouldn't.

Now if you follow his story, his "helper" took it out of the "new factory
sealed box"and didn't notice a thing. You'd have to blind not to see this.
It's not a little dent. The side of the PSU is dented all the way in. So his
helper didn't notice it and tell him about it? Come on? If that's true he
should fire his helper cause he's not helping him. And he wants ME to spend
my own money to ship it back to him? So I have to be out more money for a
damaged item he stated was factory new in box?

No I'm completely right. If he doesn't make good on a partial refund or
replace the item at NO COST to me, I'll put in complaint with Ebay and
Paypal about him,and I'll leave neg feedback like people have told me to do.
They say he deserves it. That I shouldn't let him get off easy.

I'm fully in my rights here and will not be taken advantage of. Simple as
that. He stated "New in factory sealed box" but he sent me a damaged supply.
I wonder if Ebay and Paypal will buy his "helper" excuse.

Then in the future if he has another dispute with someone, they will see he
had an incident once before. I will not spend one cent of my money to ship
it back. I don't trust this guy. How could anyone here trust him? Let's see
if he makes good as an Ebay seller.

Lucky

Old June 2nd 05, 09:55 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

[...]

"Lucky"? Sure makes one wonder. As much as he/she/it seems to fret perhaps it
would have just been better to buy a new one?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 2nd 05, 10:33 PM
Tebojockey

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:19:12 -0400, "Lucky"
wrote:

[...]

Plug the damn thing in and see if it works. If it works, and the dent
is the only blemish on the unit, and you got it for a good price, take
it and enjoy the thing.

Good grief! If you want "brand new in the box," buy from the
manufacturer at full price. Caveat emptor! We all know that nothing
on eBay is what it seems and to expect everything to match the
description is to invite disappointment and disaster.

If you really want to be a bull dog with the thing, be prepared to go
through all sorts of hoops, including legal ones, and to generally
spend most of your waking hours following up on stuff. It's not worth
the effort unless you've paid thousands of dollars.

Your best bet would have been to build your own PS. They are the
easiest things to build and there are plenty of ready-made designs
floating around the net that you could have easily used.

Not trying to chew on your bones, but you're just going to make
yourself crazy with this. Besides that, I get the feeling no one in
this group cares about eBay too much with the exception of certain
persons who post public moanings about prices they think are
outrageous. They never buy...they just **** and moan for a hobby.

Regards,

Al in CNMI

Old June 2nd 05, 10:34 PM
Tebojockey

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:21:41 -0400, "Lucky"
wrote:

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

Heck you can see it even if you don't enlarge it if you look good. How the
hell can someone just out and out LIE like that? How??????????? Stinkin
*******.

Lucky

So you didn't see it? You didn't carefully examine the item before
you bought it? You are *NOT* coming shopping with ME, my lad!

Al in CNMI

Old June 2nd 05, 10:37 PM
Tebojockey

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:11:03 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

beerbarrel wrote:

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:58:26 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

beerbarrel wrote:

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:29:32 GMT, "RickH"
wrote:

According to the description in the auction:
This was removed from a factory sealed box only to be photographed.

By not mentioning the dent, I think he is hiding something. I wouldn't take
a chance. I would return the item to him and leave negative feedback. That
will teach him a lesson. I wouldn't accept a financial settlement, because
if the item is defective its useful life is reduced.

RickH

The minute he leaves a neg, he can forget returning it. Did you ever
stop to think that he might have another that he would be willing to
exchange? I'm going to forward the guy Lucky's post to the group. At
least that will allow the seller to see what kind of loon he is
dealing with.

You're a genius!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

He is whinning and crying about nothing don't you think? I've
certainly added him to my blocked bidders list. I would suggest that
everyone else here do the same. I guess it does make for good
entertainment though.

It's just like radio itself, entertainment.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ehhhhh...this is more like Larry Moe and Curly Incorporated. LOL

Al in CNMI

Old June 2nd 05, 11:23 PM
Jim Douglas

Dude it was $45.00 dollars, give up, tell us your address and we will send
it to you, does the ****ing thing work???

Old June 2nd 05, 11:35 PM
Lucky

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

I wrote the seller another e-mail. The ball is now in his court to settle
this friendly without any other needed problems for both of us. I did my
part. Just remember if it was you who bought a "brand new in factory box"
and was excited about receiving it, only to open the box and find it
damaged. How would you feel??? I could have bought many PSU's for $11, $15
and $20. NONE of this is my fault. All I did was win an auction I thought
was one thing but got another.

Like I said, this world is falling apart. There are no morals or feeling
left.

Lucky

Lucky

Old June 2nd 05, 11:39 PM

[...]