Old July 7th 05, 02:23 AM
Arthur Pozner

Tesla built his remote controlled boat while living in US in the late
1800's. It certainly contained LC resonant circuits. However, finding
resonant LC componenents in a linear power supply is highly
unusual-especially in the ground side.Never seen this concept before.

Old July 7th 05, 09:01 AM
Anders Henriksen

"Arthur Pozner" skrev i en meddelelse
Tesla built his remote controlled boat while living in US in the late
1800's. It certainly contained LC resonant circuits. However, finding
resonant LC componenents in a linear power supply is highly
unusual-especially in the ground side.Never seen this concept before.

I know what you mean. I made the circuit (with just one LC) at a power
supply course during 2nd semester at my newly passed electronics engineering
class. My teachers were highly spectical and failed to grasp the idea behind
it, but they had to give me an A for that one, seeing how well it actually
worked. No need telling them were the idea came from - haha.

Maybe I should improve this design; in many applications you just need a
pure voltage, not necessarily a regulated voltage. Maybe I'll use it for
some of my radios.

--
Anders Henriksen - born without teeth
supermule [at] lite [dot] dk

To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems!

Old July 7th 05, 04:45 PM
Rufus Leaking

To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems

or as my buddy's T-Shirt explains it:

"Booze is the answer..... What was the question?"

Old July 7th 05, 08:13 PM
Jim Hackett

I would NEVER dispute a Homerism...

oups.com...

Old July 7th 05, 08:51 PM
Rufus Leaking

I would NEVER dispute a Homerism

pre-dates HJS by a few years actually

Old July 7th 05, 11:32 PM
Jim Hackett

MMMMMMMMM
pre- DATES

Old July 8th 05, 01:03 AM

Well,tell all them wimmins in Danske,I love them too.DE is Germany and
of course,what can I say?
cuhulin

Old July 8th 05, 01:12 AM

Back in the 1950's,there was a family that lived next door to me and the
guy owned a Zenith Transoceanic radio,it was one of the original old
Zenith Transoceanic radios.He kept that radio stored in a room in his
garage where they used to have their clothes washing machine and some
other stuff.I was only about nine years old back then and I never did
pay too much attention to that radio.Honestly,I was more interested in
his daughter.I am not lieing either,it is the truth.
cuhulin