Old July 11th 05, 01:11 AM
james

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:54:46 -0400, "Tim"
wrote:

+Seeing 50 & 60 year old men paste "ARRL Member" stickers
+all over their cars, then go out on the highway and chase truck
+drivers around to see what frequency they are on, has got to one
+of the most hilarious things anyone has ever seen.
+
+Tim

******

Better yet 4 older hams on a 2 meter repeater on a saturday morning
discribing their heart attacks. How long they were in intensive care
and how much mobility they have lost.

james
Old July 11th 05, 12:20 AM
Cmd Buzz Corey

wrote:

+Seeing 50 & 60 year old men paste "ARRL Member" stickers
+all over their cars, then go out on the highway and chase truck
+drivers around to see what frequency they are on, has got to one
+of the most hilarious things anyone has ever seen.
+
+Tim

******

Better yet 4 older hams on a 2 meter repeater on a saturday morning
discribing their heart attacks. How long they were in intensive care
and how much mobility they have lost.

james

So did anyone hold a gun to you to make you listen?
Old July 11th 05, 03:36 AM
running dogg

wrote:

+Seeing 50 & 60 year old men paste "ARRL Member" stickers
+all over their cars, then go out on the highway and chase truck
+drivers around to see what frequency they are on, has got to one
+of the most hilarious things anyone has ever seen.
+
+Tim

******

Better yet 4 older hams on a 2 meter repeater on a saturday morning
discribing their heart attacks. How long they were in intensive care
and how much mobility they have lost.

james

So did anyone hold a gun to you to make you listen?

I, personally, would be bored silly-probably a main reason why I never
felt motivated to become a ham. (I'm posting from rec.radio.shortwave.)

Old July 11th 05, 03:01 AM
Cmd Buzz Corey

running dogg wrote:

wrote:

+Seeing 50 & 60 year old men paste "ARRL Member" stickers
+all over their cars, then go out on the highway and chase truck
+drivers around to see what frequency they are on, has got to one
+of the most hilarious things anyone has ever seen.
+
+Tim

******

Better yet 4 older hams on a 2 meter repeater on a saturday morning
discribing their heart attacks. How long they were in intensive care
and how much mobility they have lost.

james

So did anyone hold a gun to you to make you listen?

I, personally, would be bored silly-probably a main reason why I never
felt motivated to become a ham. (I'm posting from rec.radio.shortwave.)

Well, if you were listening to something that boring to you, you
probably have enough sense to change to another repeater or turn the
radio off. James evidently can't do that. (I'm posting from my chair).
Old July 11th 05, 09:09 PM
james

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 19:20:35 -0400, Cmd Buzz Corey
wrote:

+james wrote:
+ On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:54:46 -0400, "Tim"
+ wrote:
+
+
++Seeing 50 & 60 year old men paste "ARRL Member" stickers
++all over their cars, then go out on the highway and chase truck
++drivers around to see what frequency they are on, has got to one
++of the most hilarious things anyone has ever seen.
++
++Tim
+
+ ******
+
+ Better yet 4 older hams on a 2 meter repeater on a saturday morning
+ discribing their heart attacks. How long they were in intensive care
+ and how much mobility they have lost.
+
+ james
+
+So did anyone hold a gun to you to make you listen?

*******

No. I laughed through the whole thing.

james

Old July 15th 05, 09:53 AM
AKC owns this NG

Actually, you doped up drunk, it is a good thing. When a keyclown loses
his job cuz he is a keyclown then a step is taken toward overall
keyclown eradication.

Old July 10th 05, 09:36 PM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Who Needs The ARRL? wrote:

Oh, wait. ARRL members get to vote on proposed rule changes, too. As if the
FCC has ever given that much credence.

You don't have to be an ARRL member to vote on proposed rule changes,
but I guess a troll wouldn't know that.
Old July 10th 05, 11:33 PM
Not Roger 2

"Cmd Buzz Corey" wrote in message
Who Needs The ARRL? wrote:

Oh, wait. ARRL members get to vote on proposed rule changes, too. As if

the
FCC has ever given that much credence.

You don't have to be an ARRL member to vote on proposed rule changes,
but I guess a troll wouldn't know that.

Read the post again, this time without moving your lips. Nowhere did it
state that one must be an ARRL member in order to vote on proposed rule
changes.

Old July 11th 05, 10:14 PM
KØHB

"Who Needs The ARRL?" JIm@GuessWho wrote

The Twenty-Twenty Club could do as the Ten-Tenners do...refuse
to speak with those not a member of their snooty group. Double
the frequency, double the elitism.

Damn, and here I thought that the 20M band was at about half the frequency of
the 10M band. Did those rascals at ARRL go and change that too? Where on the
dial can I now find my 20M buddies, up in the old 5M band? I thought we'd lost
that band way back in the 40's.

dit dit
de Hans, K0HB

Old July 13th 05, 04:15 AM
RJ

I have again written to Headquarter regarding their stand on CC&R. I was a
hot issue with them but now nothing but silence on this very important issue
for amateurs.

"Who Needs The ARRL?" JIm@GuessWho wrote in message
The ARRL is not a necessary institution these days. It is
self-propagating,
demands hefty dues and represents less than half of the licensed Amateurs
in
the United States.
Besides, what does one get for the $40.00 per annum (or is it more?) fee?
glossy magazine rife with advertisements? Admission to 'private' sections
of
the ARRL web site? A monthly 'bulletin' sent to your email address? (more
spam)
Oh, wait. ARRL members get to vote on proposed rule changes, too. As if
the
FCC has ever given that much credence.

I guess there are still some old warhorses out and about who feel that it
is
a mark of distinction to have the ARRL logo on their QSL
cards...especially
those who boast of being part of the elite few, the proud, the Life
Members.

One could likewise spend their Amateur Radio $$ on bigger and better
things,
such as paying good money after bad to join the Ten Ten Club, yet another
wasteful expenditure of hard-earned money. Why not start a Twenty-Twenty
Club? One could double the dues paid to the Ten Ten Club and claim twice
the
elitism.
The Twenty-Twenty Club could do as the Ten-Tenners do...refuse to speak
with
those not a member of their snooty group. Double the frequency, double the
elitism.

CQ Contest, anyone?