Old July 25th 05, 01:47 AM

How do those Bose Wave Radios work,are they any good?
cuhulin

Old July 25th 05, 02:33 AM
rkhalona

I have many radios, including Drakes, Grundigs, Sonys, a Lowe HF-225,
but the best sounding solid state radio of the lot
is the Philips D2999. The best sounding overall is a tube radio,
Grundig Barcelona, with five speakers (three front, two sides).

RK

Old July 25th 05, 02:37 AM
Howard

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:35:29 GMT, David wrote:

On 24 Jul 2005 17:11:58 -0700, wrote:

- something like this.. a subwoofer / Satellite speaker system

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=752291

Plug ANY radio into this kind of setup.. & you get Great Audio!

This is much cooler, and costs 100s less:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...&item=c1md12ee

I think you mis-wrote your thoughts - - - the Cambride system at the
above link is a few hundred more than the Bose system at jr.com.

But these are probably all most people need:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...em=c1swzzzz z

Agreed. Cambridge puts out a nice sounding speaker system - of course
anything that Henry Kloss worked on will get my attention. Don't know
how much they'd improve the R75 audio though.
Old July 25th 05, 03:19 AM
Brian Denley

David wrote:
On 24 Jul 2005 17:11:58 -0700, wrote:

- something like this.. a subwoofer / Satellite speaker system

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=752291

Plug ANY radio into this kind of setup.. & you get Great Audio!

This is much cooler, and costs 100s less:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...&item=c1md12ee

But these are probably all most people need:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...em=c1swzzzz z

Lookup Bose on any HiFi board and you get negative responses. The
Acoustimas system, for instance, has no real subwoofer. I bought the
cambridge Soundworks system and, for the same money as the Bose, got a 500
powered subwoofer system. The system performance is amazing.

--
Brian Denley

Old July 25th 05, 02:38 PM
David

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:37:41 -0700, Howard
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:35:29 GMT, David wrote:

On 24 Jul 2005 17:11:58 -0700, wrote:

- something like this.. a subwoofer / Satellite speaker system

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=752291

Plug ANY radio into this kind of setup.. & you get Great Audio!

This is much cooler, and costs 100s less:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...&item=c1md12ee

I think you mis-wrote your thoughts - - - the Cambride system at the
above link is a few hundred more than the Bose system at jr.com.

But these are probably all most people need:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...em=c1swzzzz z

Agreed. Cambridge puts out a nice sounding speaker system - of course
anything that Henry Kloss worked on will get my attention. Don't know
how much they'd improve the R75 audio though.

You're right. I thought it was the AM5.

Buy

Other

Sound

Equipment

Not used to seeing anything under $500 from Bose.

Old July 25th 05, 02:40 PM
David

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:55:03 -0400, Tony Meloche

How do those Bose Wave Radios work,are they any good?
cuhulin

Judging from your posts, you're familiar with the console radios of
the 30's and 40's, even if you only owned them later on. Some of them
used what the designers called an "acoustic labyrinth" in the cabinet -
a "hallway" the rear wave of the speaker was sent through, emerging
(usually) in the back or bottom of the cabinet, and in-phase with the
front wave. The Bose radio design uses that basic principal in
miniature. For a tabeltop radio, it has well-above-average sound, but
it doesn't approach the sound of a good shelf hi-fi system, and is
overpriced for what you get, IMO.

Tony

Cambridge uses a powered subwoofer/bandpass enclosure.

Old July 25th 05, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the information about the Bose Radios.Yep,I too think they
are overpriced.(if I see one at the Goodwill store,of course I will buy
it for a few dollars) I own three old wind up Victrola style
Phonographs.One of them is a floor model and it was made by a furniture
company in Louisiana.One of them I think is a childs style of a
Phonograph,it is small and portable and it has a sort of a cardboard
"hallway labyrinth" that directs the sound around inside of the
cabinet.About two or three years ago,I saw a Cambridge Radio at a local
Wal Mart store,it was priced somewhere around $245.00.I think the best
sounding Radios are wooden cabinet Radios with big speakers.
cuhulin