Old August 2nd 05, 08:46 PM
Mike Terry

Default Is shortwave dying?

Why are there so few on topic postings on this newsgroup? Is shortwave dying
like stamp collecting and other hobbies of the past?

Old August 2nd 05, 09:17 PM
Brian Hill

"Mike Terry" wrote in message
Why are there so few on topic postings on this newsgroup? Is shortwave
dying
like stamp collecting and other hobbies of the past?

Yes. Now do you feel better?

B.H.

Old August 2nd 05, 09:29 PM

Mike Terry wrote:
Why are there so few on topic postings on this newsgroup? Is shortwave dying
like stamp collecting and other hobbies of the past?

Is stamp collecting dying? I know people don't use stamps as much as
they once did, since they don't use the regular mail as much as they
once did. However, I'd expect this to be a boon to stamp collecting, as
it makes stamps much more 'collectible'.

The next time you decide to troll rec.radio.shortwave, I suggest you
get your facts straight.

Steve

Old August 2nd 05, 09:34 PM
Mike Terry

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"Mike Terry" wrote in message
Why are there so few on topic postings on this newsgroup? Is shortwave
dying
like stamp collecting and other hobbies of the past?

Yes. Now do you feel better?

B.H.

Why should I feel better!!!

Old August 2nd 05, 09:37 PM
Mike Terry

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mike Terry wrote:
Why are there so few on topic postings on this newsgroup? Is shortwave

dying
like stamp collecting and other hobbies of the past?

Is stamp collecting dying? I know people don't use stamps as much as
they once did, since they don't use the regular mail as much as they
once did. However, I'd expect this to be a boon to stamp collecting, as
it makes stamps much more 'collectible'.

The next time you decide to troll rec.radio.shortwave, I suggest you
get your facts straight.

Steve

Steve.

Somewhat excessive reaction to an innocent comment from me surely? Manners
maketh the man. Lighten up mate!! I am a stamp collector and I can assure
you its no longer "The hobby of Kings and King of hobbies" pity but true. Be
nice please.

Regards

Mike

Old August 2nd 05, 09:55 PM
Brian Hill

"Mike Terry" wrote in message

Why should I feel better!!!

I don't know Mike?

B.H.

Old August 2nd 05, 10:00 PM
Mike Terry

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"Mike Terry" wrote in message

Why should I feel better!!!

I don't know Mike?

B.H.

I was hoping for some interesting responses to an issue very relevant to
this newsgroup. Thanks Brian but have you anything more to say?

Old August 2nd 05, 10:14 PM
Brad

"Mike Terry" wrote in message
I was hoping for some interesting responses to an issue very relevant to
this newsgroup. Thanks Brian but have you anything more to say?

Just last night I was lamenting the shift of the old HF RTTY Newsagency
services to satellite then the Internet. It's possible to now receive or
download 10 or 100 times as much information in the same period of time, but
it just isn't as much fun!

Brad.

Old August 2nd 05, 10:47 PM
dxAce

Brian Hill wrote:

"Mike Terry" wrote in message

Why should I feel better!!!

I don't know Mike?

He's just upset that there's nothing much posted here in the way of shortwave
for him to lift and post elsewhere without attribution.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old August 2nd 05, 10:52 PM

Whale Harpooning Clubs are in a steep decline..

so are the Glaiers in Alaska, Switzerland and Antartica..

I do wonder about Degen

They just started making shirt pocket shortwave radios with
1,000 memories..

- Lotta spots for static ??

I wonder...