Old September 4th 05, 01:52 PM
Stagger Leechildraper

There was a gas station owner interviewed on a national tv news
broadcast ( he was an obvious foreigner, India, or someplace like that)
and admitted he increased the price to keep people from buying
gasoline. And get this, he said he might increase it more (it was
already over $3 a gallon!)! So yeah, they are gouging us for gasoline.

Old September 4th 05, 02:30 PM
Brian Hill

"Honus" wrote in message

wrote in message
This is a good thread.I am laughing myself to sleep now.nite nite
y'all,I need to get my beauty sleep.

Hey, mII and Brian...were we all just complimented by cuhulin?

I'm frightened.

Yes I think so. : )

B.H.

Old September 4th 05, 02:45 PM

www.jacksongasprices.com Doesn't look like any gas price gouging going
on around here.We know to contact the State Attorney General's Office
about stuff like that.I believe all price gougers should be SHOT on
SIGHT the same as looters.
cuhulin

Old September 4th 05, 02:48 PM

No wait,all price gougers should be fined to the max and then some and
then SHOT on SIGHT.No blindfolds either.FIRE!
cuhulin

Old September 4th 05, 04:02 PM
AZ Nomad

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:11:50 GMT, Ron Tock wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:02:26 GMT, Ron Tock wrote:

Report spam to

****ing spammers should all be shot.

Are you ****ing stupid?
Think about why I might have posted that link.
You can lead a horse to water.

shoom. right over your head.

****ing spammers should all be shot.

Old September 4th 05, 04:34 PM
Robert Sturgeon

On 4 Sep 2005 05:52:06 -0700, "Stagger Leechildraper"
wrote:

There was a gas station owner interviewed on a national tv news
broadcast ( he was an obvious foreigner, India, or someplace like that)
and admitted he increased the price to keep people from buying
gasoline. And get this, he said he might increase it more (it was
already over $3 a gallon!)! So yeah, they are gouging us for gasoline.

Pricing anything, including gasoline, according to the Law
of Supply and Demand is not "gouging." If that station
owner had priced his (and that is the operative word -
"his") gasoline too high, he wouldn't have sold any. And if
he didn't want to sell all of his (there's that word again)
gasoline at something more than his replacement cost, why
should he have to?

When YOU have something for sale that is suddenly much more
in demand, and there is much less of a supply of it, you
will sell it at a much higher price too - your labor, for
example, or your real estate, or your wheat crop, or your
rare Rembrandt painting, or your ... gasoline.

--
Robert Sturgeon
Summum ius summa inuria.
Old September 4th 05, 05:35 PM
Stagger Leechildraper

wrote:

There was a gas station owner interviewed on a national tv news
broadcast ( he was an obvious foreigner, India, or someplace like that)
and admitted he increased the price to keep people from buying
gasoline. And get this, he said he might increase it more (it was
already over $3 a gallon!)! So yeah, they are gouging us for gasoline.

Pricing anything, including gasoline, according to the Law
of Supply and Demand is not "gouging." If that station
owner had priced his (and that is the operative word -
"his") gasoline too high, he wouldn't have sold any.

It sure was convenient that that hurricane hit, otherwise they wouldn't
have a legitimate excuse to gouge. He priced it high on purpose so he
wouldn't sell any. That is what he said. And he was going to raise it
higher. Some stations around where I live have fluctuated the prices on
a daily basis. None have gone to unreasonable lengths to gouge.....
Yet.

And if he didn't want to sell all of his (there's that word again)
gasoline at something more than his replacement cost, why
should he have to?

Rationalizing his inappropriate business practices still doesn't make
what he did right.

When YOU have something for sale that is suddenly much more
in demand, and there is much less of a supply of it, you
will sell it at a much higher price too - your labor, for
example, or your real estate, or your wheat crop, or your
rare Rembrandt painting, or your ... gasoline.

No, he was doing it to keep people from buying it. He was doing it to
make all the profits he can on somebody else's shortfall.

Old September 4th 05, 06:48 PM
Robert Sturgeon

On 4 Sep 2005 09:35:43 -0700, "Stagger Leechildraper"
wrote:

(snips)

When YOU have something for sale that is suddenly much more
in demand, and there is much less of a supply of it, you
will sell it at a much higher price too - your labor, for
example, or your real estate, or your wheat crop, or your
rare Rembrandt painting, or your ... gasoline.

No, he was doing it to keep people from buying it. He was doing it to
make all the profits he can on somebody else's shortfall.

How do you suppose he's going to make profits if he doesn't
sell anything???

Guess what? When there is a crop failure in the Texas
cotton crop, _I_ make extra profits from their shortfall -
as I have every right to. So what?

Old September 4th 05, 07:15 PM

Might be a good idea to get a locking gas cap for your vehicle(s).I dont
know for sure,but some auto parts stores might sell some sort of a
barrier screen thingy that fits down inside the gas tank pipes so as to
prevent anybody from sticking a siphon hose down in there to steal gas
or diesel fuel.I think I know how I can make a few of them for my own
vehicles. www.jcwhitney.com might sell something like that.It would
be a good cottage industry for some people to start making and selling
things like that.Sir/Mam,why is it that your breath smells like
gasoline/diesel fuel?
cuhulin