Old September 23rd 05, 03:23 PM

R8B = Rythm & Blues.
cuhulin

Old September 23rd 05, 09:13 PM
mike0219116

No, I found the R8B to be a far superior radio.

Old September 23rd 05, 09:48 PM
David

On 23 Sep 2005 13:13:40 -0700, "mike0219116"
wrote:

No, I found the R8B to be a far superior radio.

''Superior'' when talking about tabletops is rarely a matter of
''far'' unless one is comparing a Chinese Grundig Annversary model
with a JRC 535, if you catch my drift.

Old September 23rd 05, 10:03 PM
dxAce

wrote:

No, I found the R8B to be a far superior radio.

''Superior'' when talking about tabletops is rarely a matter of
''far'' unless one is comparing a Chinese Grundig Annversary model
with a JRC 535, if you catch my drift.

That would be hard to do, 'tard boy, as you've drifted so far to the left.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 23rd 05, 11:58 PM
David

wrote:

No, I found the R8B to be a far superior radio.

''Superior'' when talking about tabletops is rarely a matter of
''far'' unless one is comparing a Chinese Grundig Annversary model
with a JRC 535, if you catch my drift.

That would be hard to do, 'tard boy, as you've drifted so far to the left.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I've found the Left meets the Right in Patriot Land.

Old September 24th 05, 12:03 AM
dxAce

wrote:

No, I found the R8B to be a far superior radio.

''Superior'' when talking about tabletops is rarely a matter of
''far'' unless one is comparing a Chinese Grundig Annversary model
with a JRC 535, if you catch my drift.

That would be hard to do, 'tard boy, as you've drifted so far to the left.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I've found the Left meets the Right in Patriot Land.

You wouldn't know 'Patriot Land' if it crawled up your drug addled ass and
decided to spend the winter, 'tard boy.

You'd better go back for another adjustment on your meds.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 24th 05, 12:17 AM

www.patriotist.com
cuhulin

Old September 30th 05, 04:28 AM

Default R75 & R8B

First of all thank you to all that have read and or responded to my
post. Good reviews of radio caused me to buy one.

R75 was delivered today. (UPS man ran into my wife and told her I
bought a new radio. I'm glad I told her I got new radio before she
mentioned it:-) I like it's size compared to the Drake R8B. I expect
the future will even see smaller units with superior performance - I
hope. Readout is easier on these old eyes than the Drake as well.
Panel layout is nice. Performance is very good and many options to
tame noise and lots of buttons to play with and tweak. The audio
doesn't seem to be as clean as the Drake. There is for sure some
distortion going on that I'll have to check out.

I've been playing with a 5btv verticle and a 160m dipole for the
antennas. I've got at least a half dozen antennas on the property, so
I gotta get a couple of coax switches going on.

I may have more to say later. I am newbie to high performance radio
and to tell the truth mostly run Hammarlund SP600 and Racal RA17L type
boatanchors. I recently had to sell the SP600 to buy the Drake. The
Racal is actaully a smokin good unit with an amazing front end. So if
you have some advice or tests I should try on makng comparisons to
Drake then I am all ears.

bye,
Bob

Old September 30th 05, 03:23 PM
Michael Lawson

wrote in message
ups.com...
First of all thank you to all that have read and or responded to my
post. Good reviews of radio caused me to buy one.

R75 was delivered today. (UPS man ran into my wife and told her I
bought a new radio. I'm glad I told her I got new radio before she
mentioned it:-) I like it's size compared to the Drake R8B. I

expect
the future will even see smaller units with superior performance - I
hope. Readout is easier on these old eyes than the Drake as well.
Panel layout is nice. Performance is very good and many options to
tame noise and lots of buttons to play with and tweak. The audio
doesn't seem to be as clean as the Drake. There is for sure some
distortion going on that I'll have to check out.

Are you using the onboard speaker versus an external
one? In almost all cases, an external speaker works
much better, and you can also play with a better a/b
comparison by moving the speaker's terminals between
two radios.

I've been playing with a 5btv verticle and a 160m dipole for the
antennas. I've got at least a half dozen antennas on the property,

so
I gotta get a couple of coax switches going on.

I may have more to say later. I am newbie to high performance radio
and to tell the truth mostly run Hammarlund SP600 and Racal RA17L

type
boatanchors. I recently had to sell the SP600 to buy the Drake.

The
Racal is actaully a smokin good unit with an amazing front end. So

if
you have some advice or tests I should try on makng comparisons to
Drake then I am all ears.

::drool:: SP600..... I like radios that help keep me
warm in the basement in the winter.

--Mike L.