Old September 23rd 05, 09:12 PM

Neither one can be banned here in Mississippi.Even the kids have booze
and guns.
cuhulin

Old September 24th 05, 11:48 PM
Ian Smith

wrote in message
You didn't spell Whisky right,it is spelled,Whiskey.And I don't
believe
you are in Scotland either.
cuhulin

Scotch whisky

Irish whiskey

I should know. I work for a Scotch whisky company. :-)

Old September 25th 05, 12:01 AM
Ian Smith

"Keith and Phil at AussieSeek.com Political Messageboards"
wrote in message
oups.com...
Why is This ?

tsyia said

Scotland the Brave ?

A UNITED Nations report has labelled Scotland the most violent
country
in the developed world, with people three times more likely to be
assaulted than in America.
England and Wales recorded the second highest number of violent
assaults while Northern Ireland recorded the fewest.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...786945,00.html

I completely agree that Scotland has a serious problem with
violence. However, it is not the most dangerous place to be. Most of
the assaults reported are amongst gangs; basically people who choose
to be in a certain place at a certain time. That is not to say there
aren't people who get mugged etc. However, the murder rate is much
lower than many other "western" nations. England has more than its
share of problems too.

Anyway, the UN report was based on a telephone poll conducted over
5 years ago! Not the best indicator of what is happening now, and
definately not the "big picture".
Scotland is a welcoming place for visitors. Few see problems with
violence. Many return to experience the hospitality. I have had many
drunken nights out in Glasgow (apparently the worst city) without
incident over the last couple of years.

Old September 25th 05, 04:50 AM
KA6UUP

Keith and Phil at AussieSeek.com Political Messageboards wrote:
Its the combination of booze and the coppers not cracking down more on
guns

Aye, people with guns
Ban the Booze or Ban Guns?

Angus

Actually the crime rate in GB has skyrocketed since the British people
were disarmed and lost the ability to defend themselves.
When the citizens are armed crime plummets
Old September 25th 05, 05:23 AM

Crime in Australia skyrocketed too when the Citizens (decent Citizens)
over there were disarmed. www.jacksoncrime.org
cuhulin

Old September 25th 05, 07:28 PM
Greg

From: KA6UUP
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 03:50:10 GMT
Subject: SCOTLAND the BRAVE

Keith and Phil at AussieSeek.com Political Messageboards wrote:
Its the combination of booze and the coppers not cracking down more on
guns

Aye, people with guns
Ban the Booze or Ban Guns?

Angus

Actually the crime rate in GB has skyrocketed since the British people
were disarmed and lost the ability to defend themselves.
When the citizens are armed crime plummets

Good thing we are still armed. You don't see much crime in the U.S.

Greg

Old September 26th 05, 04:01 PM

There are curfews in some towns over here because of hurricane Katrina
and hurricane Rita.Otherwise,you can go into any towns in U.S.A.at any
time of the day and night.There are Pubs here in Jackson too,but they
all seem safe enough.I do my beer drinking at home because that is my
preference.There are four or five stripclubs in Jackson too and they
also sell booze,but I haven't been to any of them yet and I probally
wont either,at my age,I am not too interesting in looking at them
wimmins stripping,although they are topless clubs only.I prefer to be at
home before it gets dark because that has always been my preference.
cuhulin

Old September 26th 05, 06:40 PM
Carter-K8VT

Scotland must be brave -- anybody that eats haggis* has to be...grin

* haggis = A Scottish dish consisting of a mixture of the minced heart,
lungs, and liver of a sheep or calf mixed with suet, onions, oatmeal,
and seasonings and boiled in the stomach of the slaughtered animal.

Yummy!
Old September 26th 05, 07:55 PM
dxAce

Carter-K8VT wrote:

Scotland must be brave -- anybody that eats haggis* has to be...grin

Poland is brave as well:

Jellied Cow's Foot
(Called "nozki" in Polish). Buy a cow's foot in a butcher
shop,
chop it up and cook for hours & hours in water with
spices,
garlic, salt, pepper, etc. It is a good idea to evacuate
the house
during cooking time to avoid the overwhelming smell. Then
pour
this mess into a large flat pan and refrigerate. It sets
to a nice
translucent grey jelly with a layer of fat on top. Cut
into large
cubes and serve with lots of horseradish to kill the
taste.
Yucky

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 26th 05, 07:58 PM

That is the real Haggis.I have been knowing for many years there are
different varieties of Haggis that are made/prpared differently than
real Haggis for people with more "delicate" stomachs or for people who
want to pretend they are eating real Haggis.I must admit I have never
tried any kinds of Haggis begore,but as long as it is prepared
properly,I don't see anything at all wrong with it.I would like to try
some real Haggis myself.There is an Irish Pub (Fenian's Pub on
Fortification Street) in down town Jackson,maybe somebody there knows
somebody who cooks up some Haggis once in a while,I better check that
out pretty soon. www.devilfinder.com Old Southern Haggis
Recepies
cuhulin