Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 16th 05, 07:22 PM
David

Default What is rec.radio.shortwave for?

o What is rec.radio.shortwave for?

As stated above this group was created for USENETers to have a place
to discuss
the radio monitoring hobby. This group is not moderated, however
'serious'
arguments and any kind of flame wars are strongly discouraged. That
is not to
say that genuine disagreement and discussion of differing opinions is
not
welcome. We only ask that you keep the tone friendly, and in the
spirit of
international cooperation upon which the hobby is founded.

This group is intended to be a place where ANY radio monitoring topic
can and
should be discussed. We are happy to hear from posters who listen to
any part
of the radio or microwave spectrum, from DC to daylight. We discuss
topics of
almost any kind, ranging from (but not limited to) shortwave
broadcasting,
DXing small or distant shortwave stations, utility and teletype
monitoring,
military eavesdropping, station schedules, QSLing sw broadcasters,
spectrum
usage, equipment design and modifications, antennas, receiver reviews
and
recommendations, and many more.

Despite what the newsgroup name might imply, we definitely DO NOT
limit
discussions to shortwave only. Any radio-related topics are welcome.
People interested in scanning VHF frequencies may find that the
rec.radio.scanner newsgroup more accurately reflects their interests,
and
people interested in pirate radio may want to check the
alt.radio.pirate
newsgroup, although this group seems to be more interested in building
small
FM transmitters than in hearing distant shortwave pirates.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/radio/monitoring/introduction/