Old November 8th 05, 01:02 AM
YBZ

Default Eton E5

Radio Intel wonders where it went. The Eton website doesn't list it.
Yet, in the November issues of Monitoring Times & Popular
Communications......there it is, along with the E1, E10, and E100.
Listing for $150 (US). Is this radio available or what?

Old November 8th 05, 01:07 AM

Elton E5.. web link pulled...
Yeah, I saw it too, & then saw it dissappear..

- Probably marketing related.. don't anounce a new product whilst your
current one is selling well..
Hence, someone pulling the link..

( Interesting and related info below . . . )

http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/

Old November 8th 05, 01:11 AM

Sounds screwey to me.I have just about decided I don't want anything
with the eton name on it regardless of price.
cuhulin

Old November 8th 05, 01:26 AM
YBZ

But is the E1 actually selling that well? The price seems to be the
factor.

Old November 8th 05, 01:33 AM
GP

I am very skepitical of Eton products...I bought a E10 a while ago but
returned it because there is no way a single conversion, no SSB radio
should cost $150..This radio was so cheaply made that the tuner knob
would keep coming off, and if you rotated the antenna on a angle it
would cut into the plastic case...I only hope that eton has their act
together with the new E1, because at $500 it better be worth it...

Old November 8th 05, 02:03 AM

GP wrote:
I am very skepitical of Eton products...I bought a E10 a while ago but
returned it because there is no way a single conversion, no SSB radio
should cost $150.

- An excellent reason for buying direct from China, IMHO;
- But true, you takes your chances..

Sometimes you get what you want..

Old November 8th 05, 02:22 AM

Made in taiwan sangean radios are wayyyyy overrrrrr priced plastic JUNK
too.I owned two of them,I know what I am talking about.fed govy should
investigate ccrane company.Stay away them sangean radios.
cuhulin