Old January 2nd 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default Using BBC Worldservice in class

M II - Having read your three links :

I Guess it could be say that there is a Generally held
Public Christian Consciousness in the USA that reflects
our History, Culture and Values as American.

America's National Heritage is Reflected
in the Deeply Held Values of It's Citizens.

God {Allah} Bless America and All Americans - Amen ~ RHF
Old January 2nd 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
clifto

Default (OT) : DaviD - So now 'you' write and spell the word [Christian] with a KKK instead of a 'c'

David wrote:
On 2 Jan 2006 10:22:36 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

DaviD - So now 'you' write and spell the word [Christian]
with a KKK instead of a 'c'

It's my little way of dealing with the people who destroyed the USA.

Oh. Then you mean KGB.

Old January 3rd 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

DaviD 'you' Write - [KKKristian] " It's my little way
of dealing with the people who destroyed the USA. "

DaviD - So now 'you' are claming that Christians
are destroying the USA.

DaviD - American History is full of Christians Who's Lives
have Greatly Enriched this Nation; Creating Our Freedoms;
Building Our Democracy; Protecting Our Freedoms; Working
For a Better America; and Lifting Our Spirits . . .

DaviD - Claiming that Christians are Destroying America - Is this one
more New 2006 Daily Talking Point of the Democrat Party of the USA ?

DaviD - How very Liberal and every so Enlightened of 'you' :
Why Are 'you' promoting Religious Bigotry and Hatred Against
Christians and All Persons-of-Faith ?

DaviD 'you' Write - " You shouldn't have joined the cult. "

DaviD - The Majority of 'your' fellow Americans happen to
identify themselves as Christians in some form or fashion !
? Are They All Members of a Cult that is Destroying America ?
? Who Get To Decide Who IS In A Cult -and- Who Is Not ?

DaviD - Linking "Christians" and "Cults" - Is this too another
New 2006 Daily Talking Point of the Democrat Party of the USA ?

DaviD - Does the 2006 Writing Style Guide for the
Democrat Party of the USA now require 'you' to
spell the word [Christian] "KKKristians" ?

Question DaviD - How can 'you' Claim to be such a Champion of
American Individual Rights and Freedoms : "IF" 'you' denigrate
the majority of your fellow Americans who happen in some form or
fashion to identify themselves as Christians and Persons-of-Faith ?

david - why do you preach hate against christians ?
- oh that's right you are a liberal ~ RHF
Old January 4th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Lawson

"JM Dumont" . wrote in message
I teach English in a French high school in South West France and I

use
BBC Worldservice in my classes on a Worldspace receiver and a Sony
ICF-7600D.
Does anyone in this newsgroup use shortwave stations and BBC WS in

class?
All the best from the sunny Pyrenees.

I don't teach, but if I did, I'd tape some international
broadcasts and use them from time to time. Some
of the ham broadcasts from Chernobyl would be
useful in pointing out how different the reality
was from the official Radio Moscow view. Radio
Pyonyang would be useful as well as the Lincolnshire
Poacher and the Disaster Net used during Katrina
and Rita. Getting people to think beyond their
cells and Blackberries and laptops would be
useful.

--Mike L.

Old January 4th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Michael Lawson

"clifto" wrote in message
Michael Lawson wrote:
I don't teach, but if I did, I'd tape some international
broadcasts and use them from time to time. Some
of the ham broadcasts from Chernobyl would be
useful in pointing out how different the reality
was from the official Radio Moscow view.

Did anyone document any of that?

I know that ham broadcasts from Chernobyl were
rebroadcast on NPR; that was one of the reasons
why I started getting interested in shortwave. It
wouldn't surprise me if some SWLs had taped
some of the broadcasts of Radio Moscow at the
time, too.

--Mike L.

Old January 4th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I dont know if it's true or not,but about thirty years ago,I read an
article in a magazine that the Russian maps had the names of Russian
towns and cities on the maps where the cities and towns were really not
there.For instance,that nuclear plant near Chernonbyl isn't really near
Chernobly,it is really near a town of a different name.They did that to
confuse foreigners and spies.Anyway,I did read about that in a magazine.
cuhulin

Old January 5th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
clifto

Michael Lawson wrote:
I know that ham broadcasts from Chernobyl were
rebroadcast on NPR; that was one of the reasons
why I started getting interested in shortwave. It
wouldn't surprise me if some SWLs had taped
some of the broadcasts of Radio Moscow at the
time, too.

Wow. Wish I'd heard that.