Old January 1st 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
JM Dumont

Default Using BBC Worldservice in class

I teach English in a French high school in South West France and I use
BBC Worldservice in my classes on a Worldspace receiver and a Sony
ICF-7600D.
Does anyone in this newsgroup use shortwave stations and BBC WS in class?
All the best from the sunny Pyrenees.
JM
Old January 1st 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:39:02 +0000, JM Dumont .
wrote:

I teach English in a French high school in South West France and I use
BBC Worldservice in my classes on a Worldspace receiver and a Sony
ICF-7600D.
Does anyone in this newsgroup use shortwave stations and BBC WS in class?
All the best from the sunny Pyrenees.
JM

Americans are completely apathetic regarding International affairs.
We prefer street crime and militaristic jingoism from all our news
media. People here use the shortwave to listen to KKK preachers.

Old January 1st 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default (OT) : DaviD Proclaims - " Americans are completely apathetic regarding International affairs. "

DaviD Proclaims :
" Americans are completely apathetic regarding International affairs.
We prefer street crime and militaristic jingoism from all our news
media. People here use the shortwave to listen to KKK preachers. "

DaviD - Thanks for showing us the True Mind-Set of a Political Cadre
of the Liberal 'Enlightened' Democrat Party of the USA and their
Left-Wing Mass Media Friends.

DaviD - Speak for 'yourself' and kindly allow your fellow Americans
to Speak for themselves : As It is their Right to Self-Determination
and Individual Freedom of Expression.

Question DaviD - How can 'you' Claim to be such a Champion of
the Individual Rights and Freedoms Americans : "IF" 'you' hold
your fellow Americans in such low regard ? ? ?

david 'you' make one wonder - butt then 'you are a liberal ~ RHF
Old January 2nd 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

DaviD Exclaims :
" People here use the shortwave to listen to KKK preachers. "

DaviD - Thanks for showing us the True Mind-Set of a Political Cadre
of the Liberal 'Enlightened' Democrat Party of the USA and their
Left-Wing Mass Media Friends.

DaviD - More Liberal Anti-Christian Bias and Left-Wing Bigotry :
Trying to Link the KKK {White Racists} and Shortwave Preachers
{Christian Ministers}
-Point- A Few May Be - But Not The Vast Majority.
The Vast Majority of Christian Ministers on-and-off of TV, Radio
and Shortwave Radio are decent honest Persons-of-Faith - Who :
* Love Their God and Their Christian Brothers and Sisters
* Love Their Fellow Man and Want To Share The Good News
About Jesus-the-Christ.
* Have Respect for Humanity; and the Gift of Life;
plus the Sanctity of Life.

DaviD - Here is a Fact for You - Senator Robert "KKK" Bird, WV
was a Klan Member and Leader in the "KKK" and is right now a
Member and Leader in the Democrat Party of the USA.
* Not All Senators are former members of the KKK.
* Not All Democrat are former members of the KKK.
BUT - The Democrat's "Revere" Senator Robert "KKK" Bird .
DaviD - Are These Democrat Values ?
DaviD - Are These American Values ?
DaviD - Are These Your Values ?
DaviD - Why Are 'you' Silent About Senator Robert "KKK" Bird ?

Old January 2nd 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David wrote:

Americans are completely apathetic regarding International affairs.
We prefer street crime and militaristic jingoism from all our news
media. People here use the shortwave to listen to KKK preachers.

And to Brother Stair.

Hudley Pearse

Old January 2nd 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 00:45:36 GMT, Bob Miller
wrote:

Here in the U.S. most political conservatives look upon England/Europa
as having "liberal" values and would be up in arms if their precious
kids were listening to BBC in the classroom.

Perhaps it is happening in some schools, but I have not heard of it.
We're having a hard enough time getting evolution taught without
intellectual design/creationism getting equal weight.

Remember, this is the country where French Fries (that's what we
normally call our fried potatoes) were renamed Freedom Fries when the
French called Bush's bluff on WMDs...

bob
k5qwg

Is it really true that 40% of Americans believe in the literal truth
of adam & eve, noah & the ark etc??

When I heard it I thought it was part of some comedy sketch show...now
I'm not so sure..!

Old January 2nd 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default (OT) : DaviD Writes - " Amerikkkans are voluntarily retarded. "

DaviD Writes - " Amerikkkans are voluntarily retarded. "

DaviD - this is 'your' basic problem posting to this newsgroup.
'you' take an honest discussion about the BBC and turn it into
an Anti-American Hit Piece.

DaviD - Do 'you' Have Any Respect for the Members of this NewGroup ?

DaviD - 'you choose to Spell American with a "KKK" instead of a 'c'.
Was this the Daily Talking Point of the Democrat Party of the USA ?

Does the Writting Stype Guide for the Democrat Party of the USA
now require 'you' to spell the word [American] "AmeriKKKan" ?

DaviD - Do 'you' Have Any Love of 'your' Own Country ?