Old February 9th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default UK TV Detector Vans and Scanners

I know a married Irish woman who lives in Bognor Regis,England,South
Coast in West Sussex County,about sixty five miles Southwest of London.I
have an old Popular Science magazine here that dates back to the late
1950's or early 1960's.The magazine has an article in it about those tv
snooper vans in England,the article also has a picture in it of one of
those little tv snooper vans with a big antenna on top of the van.The
article said there is a $50.00 fine for people who dont pay their tv
license fee each year.About six years ago,I asked the woman over there
how much they pay each year for their tv license fee.I dont remember the
exact dollar amount (or exact British Pounds amount) she told me,but it
is over $500.00 U.S.money.
cuhulin