Old February 26th 06, 12:57 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca
Question jamming on 7205 khz

I was tuning through the 41 meter band when I heard an interesting but weak signal on 7205 khz. It sounds like spanish, and it is overlaid with the sound of running water. The running water effect is the same as the jamming that I hear on Radio Marti frequencies.

Anyone know what this broadcast is? 7205 khz @ 0035 UTC.

Radio Marti broadcasts at this time on 7405 khz from Greenville, NC, USA. (http://www.martinoticias.com/frequencies.htm) That frequency is silent here though. Maybe Radio Marti switched frequencies or the page is simply wrong? If it is Radio Marti, the jamming must be from Cuba.
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old February 26th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default jamming on 7205 khz

weatherall wrote:

I was tuning through the 41 meter band when I heard an interesting but
weak signal on 7205 khz. It sounds like spanish, and it is overlaid
with the sound of running water. The running water effect is the same
as the jamming that I hear on Radio Marti frequencies.

Anyone know what this broadcast is? 7205 khz @ 0035 UTC.

Radio Republica, a clandestine broadcast to Cuba, has been using that frequency
in the past few weeks so the jammer may still be hanging out there. (The Cubans
have been slow to move their jammers even if the clandestine has shifted
frequencies).

All I'm hearing here at 0216 is the jammer, but that might just be propagation.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 26th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

weatherall wrote:

I was tuning through the 41 meter band when I heard an interesting but
weak signal on 7205 khz. It sounds like spanish, and it is overlaid
with the sound of running water. The running water effect is the same
as the jamming that I hear on Radio Marti frequencies.

Anyone know what this broadcast is? 7205 khz @ 0035 UTC.

Radio Republica, a clandestine broadcast to Cuba, has been using that frequency
in the past few weeks so the jammer may still be hanging out there. (The Cubans
have been slow to move their jammers even if the clandestine has shifted
frequencies).

All I'm hearing here at 0216 is the jammer, but that might just be propagation.

Just checked and I see that Radio Republica is sked on the freq till 0200. And as
I'm typing this, the jammer stopped at 0220.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 26th 06, 06:43 PM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxAce
dxAce wrote:

Radio Republica, a clandestine broadcast to Cuba, has been using that frequency
in the past few weeks so the jammer may still be hanging out there. (The Cubans have been slow to move their jammers even if the clandestine has shifted
frequencies).

All I'm hearing here at 0216 is the jammer, but that might just be propagation.

Just checked and I see that Radio Republica is sked on the freq till 0200. And as
I'm typing this, the jammer stopped at 0220.

dxAce
Michigan
USA
Thanks for the help. I found a Radio Republica page on clandestineradio.com and now I know there's at least two stations jammed by Cuba.

It sounded like Radio Havana Cuba was a few minutes slow the other night. Maybe they need to fix their clocks.
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old February 26th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

weatherall wrote:

dxAce Wrote:
dxAce wrote:

[...]

Radio Havana is NEVER on time. Sometimes they'll start the hour five
minutes early, sometimes five minutes late. And it's never predictable,
either, they could be early for a few days, then late for a week. Why
this is is anybody's guess. Maybe it's the laziness that's epidemic in
communist countries. Nothing gets done right, nothing gets done on time,
a lot of it never gets done at all. Everybody has a guaranteed job and
guaranteed pay, so nobody feels the need to perform. I'm sure that
Seeing Eye Dog can provide website links talking about the snuffing out
of initiative under communism.

Old February 27th 06, 05:07 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by running dogg
Radio Havana is NEVER on time. Sometimes they'll start the hour five minutes early, sometimes five minutes late. And it's never predictable,
either, they could be early for a few days, then late for a week. Why
this is is anybody's guess. Maybe it's the laziness that's epidemic in
communist countries. Nothing gets done right, nothing gets done on time,
a lot of it never gets done at all.
I remember listening to RHC at the top of the hour one night last summer. It sounded like a tape was being played backwards. Then there was silence for several minutes before the real broadcast arrived.
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old February 27th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

HFguy wrote:

weatherall wrote:
running dogg Wrote:

Radio Havana is NEVER on time. Sometimes they'll start the hour five
minutes early, sometimes five minutes late. And it's never
predictable,
either, they could be early for a few days, then late for a week. Why
this is is anybody's guess. Maybe it's the laziness that's epidemic in
communist countries. Nothing gets done right, nothing gets done on
time,
a lot of it never gets done at all.

I remember listening to RHC at the top of the hour one night last
summer. It sounded like a tape was being played backwards. Then there
was silence for several minutes before the real broadcast arrived.

The backwards tape process is/was used to send a program to another site
where it was recorded. It was sent backwards so the tape didn't have to
be rewound before playing it on the air.

So much for modern technology. Even some third world countries have
digital transfers. I bet that they're still using 1960s Soviet tape
players-with the original tapes.

Old February 28th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:37:57 GMT, HFguy wrote:

weatherall wrote:
running dogg Wrote:

Radio Havana is NEVER on time. Sometimes they'll start the hour five
minutes early, sometimes five minutes late. And it's never
predictable,
either, they could be early for a few days, then late for a week. Why
this is is anybody's guess. Maybe it's the laziness that's epidemic in
communist countries. Nothing gets done right, nothing gets done on
time,
a lot of it never gets done at all.

I remember listening to RHC at the top of the hour one night last
summer. It sounded like a tape was being played backwards. Then there
was silence for several minutes before the real broadcast arrived.

The backwards tape process is/was used to send a program to another site
where it was recorded. It was sent backwards so the tape didn't have to
be rewound before playing it on the air.

That is absurd on several levels.