Old April 20th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
PS7KM

Default TecSun PL 500

Hi Fellows:

Any commnets for TecSun PL 550??
Thanks in advance.
73, K@rl

Old April 20th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Conan Ford

"PS7KM" wrote in news:1145493065.777361.236780
@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Hi Fellows:

Any commnets for TecSun PL 550??
Thanks in advance.
73, K@rl

Well, it's a decent radio for reception. It's about the same size as a
Sony ICF-SW7600GR, but lacks and SSB support or Synchronous lock at all.
Mine had a bum tuning knob, that every 10 steps would go back one the other
direction. There is also no double conversion, and thus it suffers from
images, although you can select from a 450 or 455 intermediate frequency.
The radio is the same as the Grundig/Eton E10, by the way, but with chinese
writing, so if you want you can read that manual off the website
www.grundigradio.com.
Old April 20th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
PS7KM

Dear Fellows:

Where to find it... and, about price???
Any help??
Best regards,
73, K@rl

Old April 20th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SWL-2010

"PS7KM" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Fellows:

Where to find it... and, about price???
Any help??
Best regards,
73, K@rl

I bought mine in Radio Shack. The price was $119.95

Old April 20th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default Info About - Tecsun PL-550 / Eton E10 / Lextronix E10 - Radios

K@RL [PS7KM],

Try eBay for the Tecsun PL-550 AM / FM Shortwave Radio.
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ5878395781

RadioIntel.Com Review of the Tecsun PL-550 Radio
http://www.radiointel.com/review-pl550.htm
-by- Russ [K3PI]

Taking a 'peek' Inside the Tecsun PL-550 Radio
http://www.geocities.jp/ja8uzd/pl550.html

Tecsun PL-550 Radio Group on Yahoo !

eHAM - Reviews of Tecsun PL-550 Radio
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4988
- - - Add Your Tecsun PL-550 Radio Review Today !

Or look-up eBay Seller : " liypn "
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZliypnQQhtZ-1
http://stores.ebay.com/V-COM-COLLECTIONS

Check-Out the Etón E10 'portable' AM / FM Shortwave Radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0110.html
http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/acatalog/eton-e10.html
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/products/...id=4&prodid=10
ETON EUROPE = http://www.etoncorp.com/FR/contact/#ga
Thie.Com.DE has the Lextronix {Eton} E10 PLL-Weltempfänger
E10= http://www.thiecom.de/e10.htm

hope this helps ~ RHF
ALL ARE WELCOME: To Join the "Eton-Elite-Series-Radios" eGroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Eton-Elite-Series-Radios/
Focusing on the Eton Elite Series E10 & E100 Radios
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Eton-Elite-Series-Radios/
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...ee8174e561e295
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...7df22271e89bbe
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...7098f7f77e67f1
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...d83f3d34f1b05f

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...bd564aea81fc7b

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...f0d6b4b2e8a372
.
.
.. .

Old April 21st 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Conan Ford wrote:
"PS7KM" wrote in news:1145493065.777361.236780
@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Hi Fellows:

Any commnets for TecSun PL 550??
Thanks in advance.
73, K@rl

Well, it's a decent radio for reception. It's about the same size as a
Sony ICF-SW7600GR, but lacks and SSB support or Synchronous lock at all.
Mine had a bum tuning knob, that every 10 steps would go back one the other
direction. There is also no double conversion, and thus it suffers from
images, although you can select from a 450 or 455 intermediate frequency.
The radio is the same as the Grundig/Eton E10, by the way, but with chinese
writing, so if you want you can read that manual off the website
www.grundigradio.com.

FWIW double donversion is no guaranty against images. The DE1103 and
it's relatvies are a prime example.

Old May 3rd 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
tao lao

some said that E10 has moderate quality because it made in China, is it
true? cause i think Eton still has quality control to maintain their
brand image

Old May 3rd 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SWL-2010

"tao lao" wrote in message
ups.com...
some said that E10 has moderate quality because it made in China, is it
true? cause i think Eton still has quality control to maintain their
brand image

I like my E-10. it has nice features. It's user friendly, and the speaker is
not to bad. The sensitivity is good, but some say it has a problem with
adjacent channel rejection, but I have not noticed it in mine. The
wide/narrow filter works pretty well.

When buying these portables, it's important, I think, to keep perspective.
You pretty much get what you pay for. They are good for what they are, so
keep your expectations within reason, and then, like me, you may be
pleasantly surprised.

Recently I bought a Kaito 1103 & the E-10, and took them on vacation, and
had a great time comparing them, using different antennas etc. It was a lot
of fun, and I did not spend a fortune.

Old May 5th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
tao lao

yeah, of course. it's not wise to compare it with high-end radio like
ICF SW7600GR. by the way, is there any weaknesses of 7600? so far I
only see its strengths..

Old May 5th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

tao lao wrote:
yeah, of course. it's not wise to compare it with high-end radio like
ICF SW7600GR. by the way, is there any weaknesses of 7600? so far I
only see its strengths..

The PL550 is a nice radio that will get a lot of MW, Shortwave and FM
broadcast stations. I think that you would get a far better mix of
features, better performance and really good audio for the same price
if you switched to the DE1103 however.

As to whether the 7600 is a perfect radio that has only strengths, well
I can only say that I've owned numerous radios in 20 years of swling
and I've enjoyed most of them. But none of them were without
shortcomings, or tradeoffs.

For me the biggest issue with the 7600 is the lack of a tuning knob.
Punching a button to move up and down a band is not nearly as easy as
using the tuning knob found on the DE1103 or the Sangean ATS919. And
the audio out the speaker is typical somewhat muffled Sony
unfortunately. I used a much earlier version of that radio, the Sony
ICF2002 and enjoyed it. But button tuning was clearly an impediment to
ease of use.