Old May 14th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default AMERICA AND STATE-RUN DRM "PUBLIC" RADIO SHORTWAVE BROADCASTING

For One and All,

AMERICA AND STATE-RUN DRM "PUBLIC" RADIO SHORTWAVE BROADCASTING :

DRM = Digital Radio Mondiale
DRM = http://www.drm.org/

Imagine every State in the USA with a State-Run
DRM Shortwave Radio Station with a Transmission
in the 25 Meter, 22 Meter, or 19 Meter Band during
the Day; and Transmitting in the 60 Meter, 49 Meter
or 41 Meter Bands at Night.

Note - Three Bands at 500 kHz and a 25 kHz Channel per
DRM Radio Station ( 3 * 500 = 1500 and 1500 / 25 = 60 )
And 60 is 10 more then the number of States.

50 States with a Clear non-fading High Quality Digital
(DRM) Shortwave Radio Signal covering the whole State
and received loud-and-clear in the surrounding States
and very well across most of the Nation.

Sounds like a Shortwave Paradise and the Perfect Model
for a DRM Radio System for State-Run Shortwave "Public"
Radio Stations.

OOPS ! - It Ain't America and State-Run does not Mean
the States : It's Europe "The European Union" and the
States of that Union are Nations that do run and have
run 'State-Run' {National} Shortwave Radio Broadcasts.

IMHO - DRM Shortwave Radio has a future in "The EU".

IMHO - DRM Shortwave Radio has a future in China (PRC).
+ Korea + Japan + Philippines + Indonesia

IMHO - DRM Shortwave Radio has a future in India.

IMHO - DRM Shortwave Radio has a future in Russia.

IMHO - Even Canada will have DRM Shortwave Radio.
+ Australia + New Zealand

I M H O - Any Nation Government that does now or wants
to have a 'State-Run' National Voice to Cover-the-Nation
will be Transmitting in DRM on Shortwave in the future [.]

-WHY- DRM provides for a Better Quality Signal and
Lower Power Requirements resulting in a more cost
effective means of Transmission within the Nation
and to it's Neighbors.

-WHY NOT THE USA - The USA has Laws Against any
Internal Shortwave Broadcasting to the People of this
Nation by the Federal Government and as such DRM
and Shortwave Broadcasting in general have a different
focus in the USA.

Soap-Box-Time - A Federal Law allowing each US "State"
to have a Co-Located DRM Shortwave Radio Transmitter
that would simulcasting their local Public Radio (NPR? /
PRI?) content to the whole State would do much for the
future of Shortwave Radio and DRM in the USA. For State
Wide Coverage a power level of 5 KW to 10 KW would get
the job done.

International Shortwave Radio as 'we know it' may indeed
be dying -but- National DRM Shortwave Radio may give
birth to a new model of Shortwave Radio Broadcasting
that is designed to get "The National Message Out" to
the People of the Nation and to the People in the
Neighboring Nations.

that's my one man's opinion ~ RHF
Old May 14th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

RHF wrote:

For One and All,

[...]

DRM = QRM, that's my opinion.

And hey, that idea about spewing NPR out there willy-nilly doesn't sound to
good. They ARE the Voice of Rampant Liberalism after all.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 14th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 14 May 2006 10:31:13 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

For One and All,

AMERICA AND STATE-RUN DRM "PUBLIC" RADIO SHORTWAVE BROADCASTING :

DRM = Digital Radio Mondiale
DRM = http://www.drm.org/

Imagine every State in the USA with a State-Run
DRM Shortwave Radio Station with a Transmission
in the 25 Meter, 22 Meter, or 19 Meter Band during
the Day; and Transmitting in the 60 Meter, 49 Meter
or 41 Meter Bands at Night.

Speak English you freak.

You mean the 12 MHz, 13MHz and 15 MHz etc. bands, don't you? Nobody
(except a few dinosaurs) uses the old wavelength designations.

The is the USA. No government broadcasting stations are necessary.

Old May 14th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Sun, 14 May 2006 13:38:41 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

And hey, that idea about spewing NPR out there willy-nilly doesn't sound to
good. They ARE the Voice of Rampant Liberalism after all.

Jesus was a Liberal. NPR tells it like it is. Deal.

Old May 14th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

wrote:

And hey, that idea about spewing NPR out there willy-nilly doesn't sound to
good. They ARE the Voice of Rampant Liberalism after all.

Jesus was a Liberal. NPR tells it like it is. Deal.

Oh come on Rickets, he was a Jew.

LMFAO at the mentally challenged box canyon inhabitant, yet again.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 14th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Billy Smith

Default (OT) : The Liberal DaviD Screams - Speak English You Freak !

RHF wrote:

The Liberal DaviD Screams - "Speak English you freak."

DaviD then goes on to say - "The is the USA.
No government broadcasting stations are necessary."

So DaviD 'you' are infavor of doing away with the
Voice of America (VOA) ? -and- Public 'Owned'
Radio Stations ?

Just for your information, under US law, government based stations are
prohibited from broadcasting directly to the US Population. While you
can hear the VOA here it is primarily meant for those in Europe, Africa,
Asia, and Central and South America. Not for domestic consumption.
Furthermore, unlike most of the rest of the world, the US has never had
a government sponsored broadcaster SUCH as the VOA. Not to mention that
the US media is in private hands and generally owned by 12 or so large
corporations.

The law was passed due to the possibility of such a station to become a
propaganda outlet much like what Hitler possessed in Nazi Germany. That
was the prohibition on having domestic government sponsored stations.
Now in the 1930s and 40s, US stations such as WLW 700 in Cincinnati as
well as other large clear channel broadcasters did operate shortwave
facilities in the US. Furthermore PBS isn't in a true sense a government
station although it gets funding from the government and public at large.

DaviD - Meters Do Not Hertz Me ! -and- Meter's
are just another way of communicating relative
things about Shortwave Broadcasting Frequencies
on an International level to all readers around the
World. Who while they may read and understand
the English Language - "Think-in-Metric !"

david - I am glad we are communicating
- now go enjoy your radios ~ RHF
.
.
. .

Old May 14th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve

RHF wrote:
Steve,

Here in the USA may be "Yes" - DRM is hopeless.

But... In a Nation of States {Nations} like Europe
"The EU" - DRM may be the Answer to transforming
Shortwave Broadcasting by providing for Better
Quality Signals and Lower Power Requirements
resulting in a more cost effective means of Shortwave
Transmission within the Nation and to it's Neighbors
within The EU.

At these broadcast distances, you wouldn't need a lot of power to
transmit conventional shortwave. If you want better audio quality,
there's always FM.

Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM)
DRM = http://www.drm.org/.
{Digital Radio for the World}

SHORTWAVE RADIO - Is simple a means of Broadcasting
"Getting-the-Message-Out" on a National and World Wide
International Level and Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM)
has the potential to : Do It Better and Cheaper !

Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM)
DRM = http://www.drm.org/.
{Digital Radio for the World}

What about drop outs?

Where a Nation Government wants to have a 'State-Run'
National Voice to Cover-the-Nation it will be using DRM
as the Mode of Transmission for Shortwave in the future.

Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM)
DRM = http://www.drm.org/.
{Digital Radio for the World}

I seriously doubt that anyone will be listening. I won't be. I think
DRM is someone's secret plan for destroying the shortwave bands. What
little escapes DRM will be eaten up by BPL.

Old May 15th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
minta

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Oh come on Rickets, he was a Jew.

LMFAO at the mentally challenged box canyon inhabitant, yet again.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Wow. God was jewish. he gave his own ten commandments to himself so he
would know what to do. This whole bible thing rocks!
Old May 15th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stephanie Weil

Quote:
You mean the 12 MHz, 13MHz and 15 MHz etc. bands, don't you?
Nobody
(except a few dinosaurs) uses the old wavelength designations.
Uhhh *raises hands* All my analog-tuned shortwave radios are still
calibrated in Meters - even the new ones.

Makes tuning much easier when someone says "such and such freq. on the
31 meter band" - spin the knob to 31, rock the fine-tuning knob back
and forth. Bingo. Station tuned in.

That's how I spent most of my misguided childhood.

And then my uncle loaned and later gave me his Transoceanic with
band-spread, figuring I could get much more enjoyment out of it. Now
THAT was bliss!

And the wave band switch was still calibrated in meters! So THERE.
*Pffbbttt*

--
Stephanie Weil
New York City

Old May 16th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article . com,
"Stephanie Weil" wrote:

On analog radios, look by the band switch indicator. You'll see them.

Ditto on ghetto blasters, look underneath the frequency numbers - 120
M, 90 M, 75 M, etc.

I'm looking at mine at work right now - a JVC from Singapore (from like
the early-mid 1990s). Unfortunately I can only pick up local FM in
this office building.

Every time I used meter band indication I got complaints from other
posters on the news group. People wold rather you stated the frequency
so I post 15 MHz band instead of 19 meters. I don't think anyone would
complain if you stated both.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California