Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 24th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SWL-2010

Default OT-Pioneer Equip.

Last December, I bought a new Pioneer 7.1 home theater receiver. The model
is the VSX-815, nothing real expensive, but a nice receiver for an
apartment. It has all the features, inputs, outputs etc, to hook a lot of
other gear to, like DVD players, recorder, VCR, games etc. Plenty of sound
modes, and the Pioneer system of adjusting the sound for your room. I liked
it.

Everything was hooked up, and operating just like I wanted. The surround
was excellent, picture quality excellent on cable DVD, and VHS and I was not
looking forward to re-wiring anything, because it's a big job for an old man
like me. All I had to do was turn it on and adjust the volume, and sit back
and enjoy.

Untill Tuesday. There was a power outage in my neighborhood, and my entire
building and block lost power for about 2 hours. When everything came back
online, the only thing that did not was the Pioneer, and it will not.

I'm pretty steamed. I bought the extra warranty, and I have a connection to
where I purchased it, so I know they will simply replace it, but my question
is, do I want another Pioneer?

I don't like de-wiring the entire harness for the two DVD players, the DVD
recorder, the TV, the Playstation, the VCR, the 5 disc CD player the single
disc CD player and my audio cassette recorder, plus the cable box. And I'm
not looking forward to reinstalling everything.

I just bought a new scanner last thursday, so I can't throw a bunch more
cash around right now, but I don't know about another Pioneer.

What equip to buy? [email protected] Equipment 20 March 1st 05 05:49 PM
Swan Equip ku4yp Boatanchors 1 August 11th 04 03:10 PM
Pioneer cable box Byron Swap 0 January 22nd 04 05:13 AM
Misc surveillance, commo and test equip FS Steve Uhrig Swap 0 September 16th 03 07:42 PM
Commo & Surveillance Equip FS Steve Uhrig Swap 0 July 15th 03 07:13 PM