Old June 6th 06, 07:28 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca
Default Free offers from Universal with E1/E5 purchase

I went to Universal-radio.com tonight and noticed a couple free offers on their portable shortwave page. Free when purchasing an Eton E1 or E5:

E1 comes with a free Grundig G4000A
E5 comes with a free metallic pearl Grundig FR200
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old June 6th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

--
weatherall

In the case of the E1, wasn't the free offer because the batteries blow
up, when used with the A.C. adaptor ? Or, maybe they realize the E1 is
already an out-dated dog, because it doesn't receive/process DRM, and
anyone would be an idiot for spending $500 (plus, doesn't even have an
iternal fettire-bar antenna, for AM DXing) ! From RadioIntel.com:

"Over the past three months I came into some money and treated myself
to both the Satellit 800 and the Eton E1. However I read where several
major SW broadcasters will be going to digital within the next few
years. Will this mean that I will be the proud owner of obsolete SW
receivers? And what about iBiquity HD radio in the US?"