Old June 23rd 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.cb
an old friend

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewith other.

DrDeath wrote:
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
. net...
Dee Flint wrote:
Well I described a number of alternatives to learning and he persists in
saying he cannot learn code. ... The fact that
he can speak and understand the spoken word means he can learn code at
the basic level of 5wpm.

A completely deaf person can speak and read lips but he/she
still cannot even hear Morse code. What you need to understand
is that something that seems normal to you is missing in some
people. If an amateur radio license required dunking a basket-
ball, could you do it? As one who can dunk a basketball, I can
tell you all you need is enough will and effort and you can do it.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

With deaf people use can use a light or a subwoofer for them to copy code. I
don't want to stereotype deaf people, but I have found many of them to be
hooked on entitlements and expect unreasonable accommodations.

all the accomodation I want is my own hearing aid in this is my trusty
code reader

OTOH since that does absicaly oviate the the test I beleive fairness
demands I support ending the tst all together as serving no legitimate
RUGULATORY prupose

I have a
relative that refuses to wear a hearing aid, and then gets angry when there
are communication problems. This person is physically able to work; yet sits
around on my tax dollars playing the feel sorry for me card.

well I earn aliving pay my taxes I just want legal right to fair access
to the spectrum that is comon to all of us as american (in the USA
abraud YMMV)