Old July 24th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC Crap News

David Eduardo wrote:

You, on the other hand, are a simply a nutcase with a radio waiting for the
VA to discover you ought to be kept under close watch in a facility. At
least you are not a ham, or you would be transmitting your hatred, racism
and bile.

Don't forget that he's got a few thousand rounds of Chinese ammunition
for his assault rifles. The VA will wait until it's too late to talk him
down from the campus water tower.

It's sad really...this lunacy could have easily been prevented from
going that far. It's time to get mandatory sanity tests for militia members.

mike

Old July 24th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:
David Eduardo wrote:

Listeners like you are not of any "value" to the local market. Since ratings
show listening to stations by location, your listening to DX does not help
the distant station... since your listening shows up in Grand Rapids, not in
the home market to the station.

At least he's not BUSTED!!

I believe that you intended to send this comment to Cuhulin.

JB

Old July 24th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

I got rid of my virginity when I was nine years old in 1949.

Those wild boars were brutal, were they? I see why you now prefer dogs
instead, you bra wearing deviate.

mike
Old July 24th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

The fact that you are on this group means you are not an average
listener.

I don't see my being above average as important to this discussion.

The average listener does not spend any time thinking about radio. It is
just "there."

AMBCB has good fidelity and so does FM. AMBCB is not stereo but I
don't care as I listen to talk radio and news on that band. I don't
spend much time with FM. Generally I listen to AMBCB, short wave,
and spend time on the Internet for news.

I don't think it is the sound as much as FM is in stereo.

FM stereo was permitted in 1960, and it took 3 years to get to 100 stations.
It had zero audience impact then.

What made FM work was when the FCC madated the end to simulcasting, and
suddenly a thousand or so new formats came on all over America, most with no
commercials... in an era when AM had 18 minutes an hour on nearly every
station.

There are a number of AM stations playing music but I don't listen to
them. There are news stations like KNS besides the talkers.

Those that play music play standards or ethnic fare for the majority of
cases. 65+ audience.

Sorry, but you're still BUSTED.

Old July 24th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

Again with the problem of how AMBCB sounds. AMBCB sounds just fine.

Even when music is available on FM, such as Mexico (loads of music
stations
still there) the younger audience does not listen. In fact, FM listening
in
Mexico is higher than that of the US! It is nearly all about quality of
the
sound, not the programming... because most Mexican cities have more
viable
AM signals than US cities do.

Maybe it is just that FM is stereo.

Most FM listening in the US is not stereo.

Ok then what is the reason? The reason is not sound quality because it
is OK for the program material.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old July 24th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

The fact that you are on this group means you are not an average
listener.

I don't see my being above average as important to this discussion.

The average listener does not spend any time thinking about radio. It is
just "there."

Snip

I think plenty of people think about AM radio. What about all the people
that listen to talk radio? They don't think about it? What about all the
people that look to AM radio for news and weather and traffic reports?

Maybe this is an effort to kill talk radio where people can get the
political right point of view. The leftists have TV, newspapers, and FM
covered. It's only on AM band that Air America can't make it.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 24th 06, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:

Listeners like you are not of any "value" to the local market. Since
ratings
show listening to stations by location, your listening to DX does not
help
the distant station... since your listening shows up in Grand Rapids,
not
in
the home market to the station.

At least he's not BUSTED!!

Whatever that means.

Are you DX's sock puppet? You both post the same gibberish, with no
content,
no facts, no suggestions and no information. You just are here to insult
others.

At least DX had a brief exchange about Niger today. You don't apport
anything.

LOL! You're just mad because you got caught today with your hand in the
cookie jar.

Huh? No such thing. All you have done is typed "BUSTED" over and over.

Old July 24th 06, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo' since c.2000 and shillmaster
for
HD/IBOC wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:

Listeners like you are not of any "value" to the local market. Since
ratings
show listening to stations by location, your listening to DX does not
help
the distant station... since your listening shows up in Grand Rapids,
not
in
the home market to the station.

At least he's not BUSTED!!

Whatever that means.

Are you DX's sock puppet? You both post the same gibberish, with no
content,
no facts, no suggestions and no information. You just are here to insult
others.

At least DX had a brief exchange about Niger today.

Yeah, and it beat all your IBOC crap, didn't it, Edweenie?

So where is the other 'R-75'? You said you had two (2).

Same place the first one is. Also have the remains of an R390, too.

Old July 24th 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message

The difference being that the CD was an optional outlet to content, and
that the same desirable content was still available through previous
technology. If you didn't have a CD player, you didn't get LP's full of
digital hash. That's my point, he With the current arrangement, I
can't get the content of my choice--LOCAL content, not out of market
content--because it's covered up with digital rash from offending stations
testing HD. And the digital solution is not widely available for at least
another month and a half. This after a year's worth of escalating HD
interference.

We have seen nothing like this. We know where our diary mentions come from
and the signal is inot impaired in areas where currently we have listeners.
In fact, listening is up (50% increase in very little is still very little,
though) since HD has been active.

Leaving me, and much of Lake County to move to alternatives. That seems
like it's pretty shortsighted thinking. Unless the goal is to blow off
existing listeners before creating new radio content under HD. Why is it
that the industry is so loathe to address that. So far, you've not
addressed that issue, yourself, here. Which raises the spectre that I, and
my neighbors, are just to be casualties of new technology. Worth little.
Valued less.

What are the specifics? Which stations are interfered with inside the metro.

The fact that no one wants to address this indicates some mindsets that
are exactly the reason corporations, and media corporations especially,
have become so reviled by street level citizens. We don't matter. Our
complaints, legitimate complaints now, are not only not addressed, but
effectively stonewalled by the unwillingness to actually acknowledge that
a problem exists.

When we make any change, we spend a lot of time on the street listening.
Other companies should do the same.

This is what's driving so many of this newsgroup to abuse in these
discussions....the problems...the REAL problems associated with the
implementation of AM-HD aren't being addressed, ie, interference with
local stations. And questions about why we don't matter go largely
unaddressed....in favor of data about contours vs ratings, and monetizable
listeners.

The only think we are interested in today is listening inside our home
metro. This comes, as I have metioned in posts to Mr. Dresser, as a direct
consequence of the FCC policies for decades of encouraging local service by
forcing local content, keeping power levels very low as national pollicy,
and by not recognizing that most AMs have seen the market outgrow the
signal.

So, let me put it this way....WLS is strong in Lake County. Even though
the signal is not 15mv/m. Lake County listenership is high, and WLS is a
strong radio station, here. And yet, here, HD rash has been encroaching on
WLS, to the degree that it's now sometimes virtually impossible to hear,
much less enjoy....and this HD rash is coming from another radio station.
You telling me this is acceptable? Even when WLS, itself is NOT
transmitting HD and so no digital solution is available? (the C-Quam pilot
is still lit and the station is still in stereo, even as of 00:30 UTC
today.

What station? I'm curious about this...

Why is no one addressing this? This is not DX. This is not skywave.
It's LOCAL. And it's local interference.

With all due respect, David...why can't you address THIS?

If you tell me the station, I can ask our local engineer, who is very strong
on RF issues.
from the Navy.

And we've shared some light moments, on USENet in the past, but you're
trying even MY patience. And I'm not your adversary.

This is not an easy discussion, and the first step is accepting that AM will
not exist in 10 years or less if something is not done. There is no other
solution than HD. Either it works, or the band dies. Nobody is coming into
the party, and the ones already there are undesirable to advertisers.

Old July 24th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Because he's a shill, plain and simple. You know this, I know this.

No, because I do not know the specifics on the interference to WLS. When
Peter gives me them, I will have our Chicago DoE check, and meybe something
interesting will come from this.

He's been given something to sell, and by god he's gonna sell it to you,
me, and
everyone else, whether we like it or not.

I have not been given anything to sell. However, I believe AM is dead unless
HD works.

Open Letter to K1MAN [email protected] Policy 13 April 15th 05 07:43 PM
ABC's NASA story Michael Shortwave 13 March 1st 05 03:41 AM
Fake news from Washington Joel Rubin Shortwave 26 February 24th 05 02:57 PM
Spectrum plot of an IBOC AM station David Shortwave 27 March 4th 04 05:47 AM
The AM IBOC mess is yet to begin... WBRW Broadcasting 1 January 23rd 04 03:29 PM