Old July 14th 03, 02:48 PM
Marty B.

Default The New ICOM 7800 For HF (cost$$)

The is the real scoop on the Icom`s 7800

I have gone to Icom day at a local Icom dealer

The ( W9) rep has given me some scoop...

The real price tag of the Icom 7800 is going to be

very close to the $10,000 (Ten Thousand)..

The Receiver is Dual Conversion and in conjuction with DSP and

both receivers are equal... Transmitter 200 W.

The 7800 looks like a real busy radio, lots of information being
displayed and menu driven...the manual must be real thick !

The radio looks great with its display...dual meters.

Well thats it......

Old July 14th 03, 09:30 PM
Bruce

"Marty B." wrote in message . net...
The is the real scoop on the Icom`s 7800

I have gone to Icom day at a local Icom dealer

The ( W9) rep has given me some scoop...

The real price tag of the Icom 7800 is going to be

very close to the $10,000 (Ten Thousand)..

The Receiver is Dual Conversion and in conjuction with DSP and

both receivers are equal... Transmitter 200 W.

The 7800 looks like a real busy radio, lots of information being
displayed and menu driven...the manual must be real thick !

The radio looks great with its display...dual meters.

Well thats it......

Why should anyone believe someone hiding behind a fake email address??
Old July 14th 03, 09:31 PM
Donnie

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:48:37 GMT, "Marty B." wrote:

The is the real scoop on the Icom`s 7800

I have gone to Icom day at a local Icom dealer

The ( W9) rep has given me some scoop...

The real price tag of the Icom 7800 is going to be

very close to the $10,000 (Ten Thousand)..

The Receiver is Dual Conversion and in conjuction with DSP and

both receivers are equal... Transmitter 200 W.

The 7800 looks like a real busy radio, lots of information being
displayed and menu driven...the manual must be real thick !

The radio looks great with its display...dual meters.

Well thats it......

And NO ONE will buy it. for that kind of money it should cover at least 2, 432 with 1296 option.

Momma Always Said:"Life is like a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get"
Old July 14th 03, 10:19 PM
Dale J.

In article ,
Donnie look me up @ qrz.com wrote:

And NO ONE will buy it. for that kind of money it should cover at least 2,
432 with 1296 option.

Momma Always Said:"Life is like a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know
what you're gonna get"

Yup, it looks like a over embellished lady of the night. Put some
bright red lipstick on her.

The way ham radio is going these days I don't think I'll be investing
many dollars in ANY radio let alone this big mama.

Dale J.
K9VUJ

--
Dale J.
Bloomington, Minnesota

E-mail:

Old July 14th 03, 11:59 PM
Paul Vanasse

"Marty B." wrote in message
et...
The is the real scoop on the Icom`s 7800

I have gone to Icom day at a local Icom dealer

The ( W9) rep has given me some scoop...

The real price tag of the Icom 7800 is going to be

very close to the $10,000 (Ten Thousand)..

They can dream alittle dream for me as well. For that money I'd expect at
least a quad conversion receiver with a CRT for a display and not some
cheesy LCD.

Maybe the government might buy these (they'll buy anything), but anyone who
knows anything about radios wont pony up $4000 for these turkeys.

Old July 17th 03, 10:00 AM
KD5JBN

For this kind of Cash it should come with a big tittied blonde to spin the
VFO

--
"Never ask a man where he's from. If he's from Texas, he'll tell ya soon
enough. If he ain't, don't embarrass him."

"Paul Vanasse" wrote in message
.. .

et...