Old October 26th 03, 02:26 PM
Brian Hill

"Bill" wrote in message
I think the only NEARLY safe method is to accept postal MO's ONLY. No one

in
their right mind wants the federales after them for bogus MO's and mail
fraud....

I had a guy screw me out of $450 when I paid with a postal money order. The
USPS did nothing!

--
73 and good DXing!

Brian's Radio Universe
http://home.jps.net/~jonnysocko/

Old October 26th 03, 03:36 PM
David Little

Wrong Answer.

The USPS Inspectors Office could care less. I have a case open on a $493.00
Postal Money Order Fraud that has been open since 12/26/2001. I even
arranged another purchase from the same guy where another forum member met
him in person - one block from the postal inspector's office... The Postal
Inspector assigned to the claim couldn't be bothered to go one block to
witness and apprehend the perp.

These guys are government employees; all they do effectively is mount ad
campaigns and make Hollywood movies bragging on how good they are. Other
than that, Krispy Kreme is the only entity that can rely on them.

Old October 26th 03, 06:02 PM
Gary

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:57:48 GMT, Mike Lookinland
wrote:

Beware of a person using the name Mike Alonzo with an address in McKees
Rocks, PA. This person is buying radio equipment on eBay and then sending
counterfeit, fraudulent cashier's checks drawn on Commerce Bank in PA.

So put that in the guy's feedback file and report it to Ebay. Then no
warning is needed here, everyone should check the feedback file before doing
business with someone.

By now, the crook has undoubtedly reregistered with ebay, and is
continuing the ripoff with a new username.

Thanks Dan, for alerting us to be carefull of people bidding on radio
equipment from McKees Rocks, PA, and wanting to pay by cashier's
check.
Old October 26th 03, 07:02 PM
Jon Van Allen

I'll 2nd that, I also have a USPS claim, the Inspectors could give a flying
f**k less about prosecuting scam artists. I always thought US Postal
Inspectors carried a good amount of weight against ripoff artists, now I
know better. Unless you rip of the government, they could care less and
won't lift a finger to help.

Jon

ink.net...

Old October 26th 03, 10:56 PM
Jim

Yeh, and the "Bay of "E", too! had folks fishing for all credit-bank info,
e-bay loggins, passwords, ect, saying going to freeze account, if don't
submit (and same crap from Paypal)! Best thing can tell you : 1), Never
answer these (in fact, services will bluntly tell you, they NEVER REQUEST
SUCH INFO)! , and 2)
MAKE SURE you report these "requests", and send copy of the request(s) to
the services, at their appeopriate addresses, along with the FULL PROPERTIES
, of the a**holes Senders address!
This only way to protect self from those fishing to Identity theft/ fraud.
Jim NN7K

"Mike Beauchamp" wrote in message
From my experience, PayPal has it's fair share of scams.
A lot of people using stolen PayPal accounts to try to pay for stuff, etc.
My friend once received an email that claimed it was from Paypal, he was
smart enough to realize it wasn't. It asked people to "verify" their
account, because they were deleting inactive accounts. Clicking on a link
brought them to a website that asked for their user ID, password, even
credit card number and interac pin number!!

My friend and I just sat there refreshing the .txt file all the info got
dumped into (by looking at the source) and watched it fill up with
legitimate credit card numbers and paypal accounts.

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

"jeff" wrote in message
In article , "Dan Conti"

wrote:
Beware of a person using the name Mike Alonzo with an address in McKees
Rocks, PA. This person is buying radio equipment on eBay and then

sending
counterfeit, fraudulent cashier's checks drawn on Commerce Bank in PA.

The e-mail address he used is

and his eBay user name is : mikealonzo

If anyone has had similar dealing with this guy, or more info., please
contact me via private e-mail.

Dan

Dan,are we a BIT safer taking Pay Pal only for ebay?
Thats what I started doing
How have you been?

Jeff
Ham Station

Old October 26th 03, 11:14 PM
Brenda Ann

"Jim" wrote in message
Yeh, and the "Bay of "E", too! had folks fishing for all credit-bank

info,
e-bay loggins, passwords, ect, saying going to freeze account, if don't
submit (and same crap from Paypal)! Best thing can tell you : 1), Never
answer these (in fact, services will bluntly tell you, they NEVER REQUEST
SUCH INFO)! , and 2)
MAKE SURE you report these "requests", and send copy of the request(s) to
the services, at their appeopriate addresses, along with the FULL

PROPERTIES
, of the a**holes Senders address!
This only way to protect self from those fishing to Identity theft/ fraud.
Jim NN7K

Both ebay and PayPal tell you to FORWARD, un-edited, the complete e-mail to
one of the following:

They will verify your forward, and, later, verify whether or not the
suspicious e-mail originated from them or not (I've never had an affirmative
verification).

Old October 27th 03, 01:56 AM
NA1A

He is now a "non-registered user" with ebay. Another word, he has been
kicked out of ebay.
For those who believe in Paypal, think again.
Read this informative website: http://www.paypalwarning.com/

Old October 28th 03, 05:07 AM
Mike Beauchamp

I've forwarded emails from bidders trrying to use stolen credit cards to
ebay, and left feedback saying that they were from Indonesia and using
stolen credit cards, but it still seems to take ebay just long enough for
the guy to actually rip someone off before the account is deleted.

Mike

EBAY SELLERS BEWARE Bunia3 Shortwave 5 September 18th 04 02:31 PM
Slightly (OT) -- Ebay Scammer gets burned Stinger Shortwave 2 May 17th 04 06:44 AM
BEWARE ! eBay scammer Dan Conti Scanner 17 October 28th 03 05:07 AM
buyer beware ebay coal-76 Jerry Swap 3 October 19th 03 06:15 AM
WTB: Original box for Superadio II Frank Bals Shortwave 4 September 12th 03 02:14 PM