Old October 31st 03, 03:12 PM
C.W. THomas

Default Anybody know anyhing about weller EC1002 s??

Hi;

I have a Weller EC1002 soldering station. It isn't working anymore...

I don't think the problem is with the iron it self. the heater has
continuity.
How does the temp sensor work?
is there anywhere I can get a schematic of the innards?
anybody have any ideas?

Thanks;

C.W. Thomas

Old November 2nd 03, 12:42 AM
Ed G.

I have a Weller EC1002 soldering station. It isn't working anymore...

I don't think the problem is with the iron it self. the heater has
continuity.
How does the temp sensor work?
is there anywhere I can get a schematic of the innards?
anybody have any ideas?

I have a manual for it at work. Will try to find it for a copy for you.
However, I don't think there is a "schematic" per se, in it. Might help if
you clarified your symptoms on your u nit. I just had problems with one
of those units not one month ago. It was the pencil part, and not the
control unit in my case. Symptoms were low solder temperature.... unit
would barely melt solder unless I turned it up quite high. I replace the
heater unit but that didn't help. Only other thing in the handle part is
the temp sensor. I don't know how it works, but suspect it went bad.
Swapping in a new handle assembly (over $100.00) fixed it. I still want
to try to repair the handle assy when I get a chance.

Ed WB6SAT

Old November 2nd 03, 10:27 PM
Ed G.

I have a Weller EC1002 soldering station. It isn't working anymore...

I don't think the problem is with the iron it self. the heater has
continuity.
How does the temp sensor work?
is there anywhere I can get a schematic of the innards?
anybody have any ideas?

If that is similar to the EC1001 and EC2001 models, then the heater
heating element should read between 11.9 and 13.1 ohms. It is Weller
(Cooper Tools) PN:EC234 Heater Assy.
The temperature sensor should read 22 ohms at 23 degrees Celsius. It
is PN: EC229 Sensor Assembly with spring.

I have a complete 8 page Tech sheet with Calibration procedure,
troubleshooting, complete schematic, parts pictoral, and parts list for
the Weller EC1001/EC2001ESD and EC1001D/EC2001DESD solder station. I
would be glad to provide clean copy to anyone for $3.00 postage and
envelope cost.

Ed WB6SAT