Old February 11th 04, 07:30 PM
W4JLE

Default FS:Timex Sinclair 1500 Computer Mint!

I have a Technical Literacy Series Timex Sinclair model 1500 Z80 computer
with User manual, 2020 program recorder and owners manual and three tapes of
programs.

This circa 1984 computer is in its own suitcase. You may see what it is all
about at:
http://oldcomputers.net/ts1500.html

The outside of the suitcase has one small property sticker on it (easily
removed) and a mark in the right hand corner that appears to be yellow
marker (Looks like an inventory mark)

The series of books shown at the above site are not with it, but everything
else is. It appears unused. All of the cables are tie wrapped as original.
The computer itself shows absolutly no sign of wear. The tape recorder is
still in the original plastic. If it wasn't for the marks on the outside of
the suitcase, I would rate the entire setup as mint.

Own a piece of history at the original 1984 purchase price of $295.00 or
trade for ham gear.

If interested, let me know and I will e-mail pictures, but it looks exactly
like the pictures at the site above, with the exceptions of the marks on the
outside of the suit case.

You can check my feed back at e-bay and broadband.com. Both under w4jle.

Old February 11th 04, 10:52 PM
MGALUVR

[...]

How about any of the probably at least 10 of them I have seen in flea markets
over the lastcouple of years for under ten bucks.....thats a little more
realistic.....
Old February 12th 04, 12:30 AM
W4JLE

Some people know the cost of everything, and the value of nothing. But thank
you for your response.

Old February 12th 04, 12:38 AM
MGALUVR

Some people know the cost of everything, and the value of nothing. But thank
you for your response.

You are so very welcome.......any time...
Old February 12th 04, 12:59 AM
Jim Douglas

But wait you say original price of $295.00 but by clicking on the link you
added it says something like the cost was $79.95, I think I got mine new for
$49.00 back then. I guess it has some type of collectors value?

Old February 12th 04, 01:05 AM
W4JLE

This is the National Education Corporation full setup with the case. The
price can be seen, as well as the computer at the link.

http://oldcomputers.net/ts1500.html

Go down the page to the setup in the suitcase. This is a collector quality
piece.

But let me once again thank all those who have taken the time to let me know
that my price,(which will be unchanged) is too high. Your astute appraisals
saved me a trip to the next Road Show.

Old February 12th 04, 01:30 AM
MGALUVR

I am beginning to think that this gentleman's "on-board computer" needs some
personal attention.......if you know what I mean.....
Old February 12th 04, 01:49 AM
W4JLE

Thanks to all, the computer is sold.

Old February 12th 04, 01:54 AM
W4JLE

Is there a reason you felt, first it was necessary to chide my listing, and
further to engage in a personal attack?

Mores the pity that your vapid life reduces you to such meager pursuits.

Old February 12th 04, 02:03 AM
MGALUVR

And I would say with reasonable assurance that the "buyer" you speak of was a
figment of your imagination.........Good luck......

VT Communications B'04 Mike Terry Shortwave 1 October 12th 04 07:14 PM
MINT W2IHY THINGY Butch Equipment 0 May 3rd 04 06:54 AM
MINT W2IHY THINGY Butch Equipment 0 May 3rd 04 06:54 AM
Read this, your freedom may depend on it! Gary Stollman Shortwave 2 February 11th 04 03:39 PM