Old February 16th 04, 06:07 AM
KU4YP

Default Shack Cleaning

hello,

i am offering the following for sale to hams in the 48 states only.
prices are plus shipping. offers accepted. not interested in trades. selling
to buy a ten tec qrp rig. wanted to offer to the newsgroup. if it does not
sell, off to ebay.

1. Kenwood TS-830S 100 watts all bands. 10 meter portion of band switch
needs cleaning. this is the main rig in my shack. comes with cw filter and
pc-1a phone patch. copy of manual. $400.00 plus shipping. picture available
upon request.

2. MFJ 3 Kw roller inductor tuner. works and looks 100% no longer have an
amp. $200.00.

3. Hammarlund hx-50. missing one small knob. needs re-paint. selling in
unknown condition. my intent was restoring it, however, you know the deal.
too many projects..... you don't see these alot. asking $100.00 plus
shipping. worth three to four times that if it is working.

4. knight kit t-60. needs work. $30.00 plus shipping.

5. knight kit r-55a receiver. looks and plays well. original paperwork.
$100.00 plus shipping.

reply email. all items sold as is. first come, first served and all the
usual disclaimers.

tnx for reading, mike

--
73 de KU4YP FP QRP#225
Michael Prevatt "Real Radios Glow in the Dark!"

Old February 16th 04, 02:52 PM

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 06:07:39 UTC, "KU4YP" wrote:

hello,

i am offering the following for sale to hams in the 48 states only.
prices are plus shipping.

Here it is again. What is it about the states of Alaska and Hawaii
that confuses people.

Both are U.S. States. They use American money. UPS, USPS, and
Fed Ex go there. There are no customs statements to fill out.

USPS charges the same to ship there as, say, California or Nevada.

Anything that will go wrong with a deal to Alaska or Hawaii could
also go wrong with Michigan or Louisiana.

There is no difference between Alaska, Hawaii, and New Mexico or
Maine.

Will someone please explain this 48 state stuff?

What's the story?

Old February 16th 04, 03:57 PM
Bill

Unless something has changed dramatically, the shipping for packages isn't
the same at all. The last time I shipped something to Hi many years back (An
old Yaesu 560) I was shocked by the amount that it cost to ship. And UPS
ain't no bargain to begin with!!

Old February 16th 04, 04:17 PM
- - Bill - -

Bill wrote:
Unless something has changed dramatically, the shipping for packages isn't
the same at all. The last time I shipped something to Hi many years back (An
old Yaesu 560) I was shocked by the amount that it cost to ship. And UPS
ain't no bargain to begin with!!

I don't know about UPS and Hawaii but USPS and Puerto Rico follow the
same rate chart as the mainland. Those of us who live outside the '48'
tend to be aware of the costs and if we're the ones paying I don't see
why there should be a limitation by the seller.

Bill M/KP4

Old February 16th 04, 04:36 PM

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:57:40 UTC, "Bill"
wrote:

Unless something has changed dramatically, the shipping for packages isn't
the same at all. The last time I shipped something to Hi many years back (An
old Yaesu 560) I was shocked by the amount that it cost to ship. And UPS
ain't no bargain to begin with!!

Yes? Buyer pays shipping.

Yes, UPS can be expensive when you use their retail stores or
affiliates but one secret is that there are TWO UPS rates. You can
get a lower rate by shopping around or opening your own account.

USPS charges the same once you hit the max.

But, Buyer pays shipping.

I'm guessing that the aging ham population thinks that Alaska and
Hawaii are still Territories.

Well, I've had more trouble doing deals with Florida.

Old February 16th 04, 06:09 PM
Steve

Check out FedEx ground.
CHEAPER than UPS ground and gets there DAYS faster!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old February 16th 04, 08:28 PM
Clif Holland

I want to see the Fedex Ground truck that goes to Hawaii????

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (Local)

Old February 16th 04, 08:41 PM
Dave Platt

In article ,
Clif Holland wrote:

Check out FedEx ground.
CHEAPER than UPS ground and gets there DAYS faster!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see the Fedex Ground truck that goes to Hawaii????

It's a boat, of course.

Anyone who is both a ham, and a sailer, will assure you that all that
salt water outside the boat makes a _great_ ground!

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Old February 16th 04, 09:27 PM
Clif Holland

Ok, to make it simple, neither UPS or Fedex do ground shipments to Hawaii,
Air only...

I still want to see that truck..

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid
Authorized Kenwood and Icom Service Center
816 W Shady Grove Rd
Irving, TX 75060

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (Local)
"Dave Platt" wrote in message
In article ,
Clif Holland wrote:

Check out FedEx ground.
CHEAPER than UPS ground and gets there DAYS faster!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see the Fedex Ground truck that goes to Hawaii????

It's a boat, of course.

Anyone who is both a ham, and a sailer, will assure you that all that
salt water outside the boat makes a _great_ ground!

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Subject: Cleaning out 35 year old Shack w3cqh Boatanchors 0 December 6th 04 10:23 PM
Cleaning out 35 year old Shack Bill M Boatanchors 3 December 4th 04 09:38 AM
Shack Cleaning KU4YP Boatanchors 18 February 22nd 04 07:51 PM
Shack Cleaning KU4YP Equipment 38 February 22nd 04 07:51 PM
Shack Cleaning KU4YP Equipment 0 February 16th 04 06:07 AM