Old February 21st 04, 02:22 AM
Scott Garvison

Default BEWARE OF N2ION SALES

I've dealt with Jeff before & had no problems. Why is everyone "beating him
up".

"Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer" wrote
in message news:e260f745fcbcf2c03da51dda4d9dcefd@cypherpunks. to...
If in doubt, a search of google newsgroups will provide plenty of
questions as to whether you want your hard earned money leaving your
hands and finding its way to Jeff Forkos. (joke goes...Did Jeff sell
donated equipment and did he FORK-US?)
There's no doubt your money will leave, but what will you get in return,
if anything? And will this be equipment that was donated by hams that
thought they were giving equipment to his local club only to find it for
sale on the usenet posting boards?
(please note: asking tough questions is the only way of making sure you
get what you pay for)

Old February 21st 04, 02:28 AM
MR NO SPAM

Because not long ago, he was in quite a few news groups looking for
donations for a "ham club" and now all the sudden he is having a massive
sale of equipment. Coincidental maybe, but it sure doesn't look good. IF
that is HIS stuff, why doesn't HE donate to the club???? Be a nice tax
deduction. He may be totally innocent here, but it sure looks kind of shady
as it has been presented. MNS.

Old February 21st 04, 03:12 AM
Andy Cogswell

Ah, the old "Guilty until innocent" thing. I see.

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB

Old February 21st 04, 03:49 AM
MR NO SPAM

I am NOT saying the man is guilty. I'M SAYING - the way he went about it
GAVE A SHADY APPEARANCE. And that is NOT just my opinion. IT "LOOKS" SHADY
AS HELL. First asking for donations, then having a massive equipment sale. A
suggestion: IF anyone made donations; to clear the air - he could list them
here (since asking here), thank all who did. Then all would see there is
nothing to hide or at the very least look shady. I SAID - "COINCIDENTAL
MAYBE"... Giving him room for honesty. I SAID -"HE MAY BE TOTALLY INNOCENT".
He may very well be. I DON'T KNOW. I only know what I've seen as well as how
many others. IT "LOOKS" BAD. He sure could have gone about it a different
way. One that wouldn't have cast an air of suspicion. He is the one
responsible for allowing himself to look guilty in the way he has presented
himself. So in that sense he is not totally innocent. MNS

Old February 21st 04, 06:22 PM
livecam

I don't know him and would not accuse him of shady disposition of donated
equipment but one does wonder why a club would solicit the permanent
donation of radios, antennas, towers etc. for field day operation. Field
Day is a two day contest the needs of which have traditionally been met with
a two day loan of club members equipment. The online solicitations are in
all candor in very bad taste and have offended many members of the amateur
community. I haven't seen any lately...maybe someone got the message.

Old February 21st 04, 07:29 PM
Roland Stiner

"Scott Garvison" wrote in message
I've dealt with Jeff before & had no problems. Why is everyone "beating

him
up".

Same here, had very good dealings with Jeff; would buy/sell from/to him any
day.

Roland NK2U

Old February 21st 04, 08:59 PM
MR NO SPAM

I see the point you're making - be it in humor, criticism, whatever.. but it
would still contradict his motives. IF they NEED "equipment", why get it
donated only to sell it for the cash to present to them? Just keep the
equipment. IF he is on the up and up and I'm not saying he isn't, it may be
a good idea for him to make a public statement in his own behalf. Perhaps
explain or apologize for the way it "appears". Thank those who may have
donated. Just suggestions, not a sentence handed down. It just all "looks"
so hokey. That is the opinion many have taken and it's by his doing, not
ours. If he can make it look reasonable, who knows, it could boost his sales
too! I don't know that we've heard from him since his "requests" for
equipment donations. I don't know that he has even replied to anyone when
they questioned his requests at the onset. I've read many posts over the
months, maybe I missed his replied here or in other Amateur sites. HE needs
to do some damage control for his own sake or that of the club he was
allegedly representing. MNS

"Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
In article
"MR NO SPAM" wrote:

I'm sure any of the equipment he's selling that was on the "donated"
list, is not for his personal gain, but for the club's. He just hasn't
listed it that way because he wants to surprise his club with a little
cash present. Ya, that must be it. ;-^

Old February 22nd 04, 01:05 AM
JOE

Note that not once has Mr. Jeffy poo bothered to defend himself. This
is NOT the first thread about his 'sales'. Think about it. All I can say
is don't donate stuff to him. Save it for a REAL charity where you will
get a tax deduction.

JOE

Old February 22nd 04, 03:54 AM
N2ION

YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE LIAR. IF I SELL SOMETHING TO ANYONE, IT IS ONLY MY PERSONAL
PROPERTY. IF YOU HAVE PROOF OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT, PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
ANYONE CAN MAKE ANY ALLOGATION, BUT PROVING IT IS BY FAR ANOTHER STORY. IF YOU
CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, KEPP YOU SLANDEROUS MOTH SHUT
Old February 22nd 04, 04:55 AM
MR NO SPAM

"N2ION" wrote in message
YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE LIAR. IF I SELL SOMETHING TO ANYONE, IT IS ONLY MY

PERSONAL
PROPERTY. IF YOU HAVE PROOF OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT, PUT UP OR SHUT

UP.
ANYONE CAN MAKE ANY ALLOGATION, BUT PROVING IT IS BY FAR ANOTHER STORY. IF

YOU
CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, KEPP YOU SLANDEROUS MOTH SHUT

NO ONE IS "SLANDERING" YOU. WE'RE QUESTIONING YOUR MOTIVES. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
WE'RE "NOT" EVEN SAYING YOU'RE GUILTY. AS POTENTIAL BUYERS OR DONORS OF YOUR
EQUIPMENT, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW WHO WE'RE DONATING TO OR BUYING FROM.
EVER HEAR THE TERM "INFORMED CONSUMER"? AS TO YOUR MOTIVES, ONE MONTH YOU
ARE ASKING FOR DONATIONS, THE NEXT - SELLING "SIMILAR" EQUIPMENT AS BEING
SOLICITED. IT DIDN'T COME ACROSS IN A GOOD WAY. LYING? NAH..... JUST PUTTING
FORTH OUR CONCERNS IN OPEN DEBATE AS TO WHETHER OR NOT YOUR MOTIVES WERE
GOOD AND YOU'RE A GOOD GUY TO DEAL WITH. WE ALL "OWE" IT TO OURSELVES TO
KNOW - AGAIN - WHO WE'RE DONATING GOOD MONEY OR EQUIPMENT TO OR BUYING
FROM. YOUR RETORT TELLS ME YOU AREN'T UNDERSTANDING OF THE CONSUMER'S
CONCERNS REGARDING DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU, THEREFORE "I" FOR ONE, WILL NOT
BE ON EITHER END OF THE SPECTRUM - NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE OR "APPEARANCE" OF
DOING BUSINESS. INNOCENT? PERHAPS, BUT YOU SURE DIDN'T BAIT THE HOOK FOR A
WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE TO WANT TO BUY OR DONATE. IF YOU WERE A BIT MORE
FORTHCOMING AND OPEN TO QUESTIONS, WHO KNOWS HOW MANY DONATIONS YOU COULD
HAVE GOTTEN FOR YOUR "CLUB'S" EFFORTS. WHO KNOWS HOW FAST YOU MAY MOVE THE
EQUIPMENT YOU'RE TRYING TO CLEAR OUT. WANTING CUSTOMERS AND DONATIONS, YOU
SHOULD BE A BIT MORE OPEN TO CONCERNS AND QUESTIONS. A BIT LESS WANTING TO
FLY OFF THE HANDLE IN YOUR RETORT BECAUSE WE - WHO YOU CHOSE TO ASK FOR
DONATIONS AND TO MAKE PURCHASES - VIA YOUR ADS - CHOSE TO QUESTION YOUR ADS
AND LEGITIMACY. THE VERY SITUATION YOU YOURSELF CREATED. DON'T BLAME US FOR
YOUR SHOOTING YOURSELF IN THE FOOT. YOU'RE NOT THE FIRST PERSON "SELLING"
THAT ANY ONE IS QUESTIONING THE OPERATIONS OF. THERE ARE COMPANIES WHO'VE
BEEN IN BUSINESS FAR LONGER THAN YOU, BEING SCREENED FOR THE BUCK SOMEONE
WISHES TO SPEND. PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW.... YOUR ATTITUDE AS A
BUSINESS PERSON "SUCKS". YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE GUILTY OF ANY CRIME TO SUCK
IN DOING BUSINESS. SO NO, I'M NOT SAYING YOU'RE GUILTY. YOU JUST SUCK WHEN
IT COMES TO CUSTOMER CONCERNS AND RELATIONS. SUE ME FOR MY OPINION. MNS.

Digital radio sales surge past 1m mark Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 21st 05 10:31 PM
Jailtime / sales tax / currency exchanges Al Patrick Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 01:47 PM
(OT) Beware Mr Bill E Shortwave 2 August 14th 04 07:20 PM
Beware of Scanner Sales on Strongsignals.net [email protected] Scanner 5 May 3rd 04 08:58 PM
FCC cracking down on Export Radios & Amplifier sales and 10m & 2m intruders Leland C. Scott CB 0 April 10th 04 08:02 AM