Old June 7th 04, 11:02 PM
A1EMT

Default FS: Federal SmartSiren SS2000

Like new (demo) Federal SS2000 Smart Siren and light control system. Never
installed, in original factory box with all cables, mounting hardware, manuals,
etc.

Pictures available on request.

$475/shipped or best offer. Money order or PayPal.

e-mail direct at:
Old June 9th 04, 09:10 AM
Tamarisk

Hi Roland,

Just because your radio club (and that is what it is, really, after
going to the website and reading about it) allows you to play posse
and drive around in cop cars and or your own outfitted cars, doesn't
mean that you should post first responder equipment for sale in a radio
swap group. Come on, you're apparently an educated man. If I
were in a radio club where the members also were martial artists,
would that entitle me to post ads here in the radio swap group
for a judo gi? Of course not, it just doesn't follow.

By the way, I'm amazed at how much your group sounds like wanna-be
cops. Looking through the website I saw where your group isn't
allowed any law enforcement powers except when in the presence of
a peace officer. Your primary purpose seems to be communications
and not law enforcement. What about operating a radio requires the
use of a firearm? (Oh, sorry... forgot you're in Arizona. ;-)
If the peace officer is present, he can do the law enforcement and
there most likely isn't much need for one of you to play Barney Fife.

Considering the confusion of your group as to whether they want to
be law enforcement (like Reserves) or radio operators, maybe I do
understand why you have difficulty differentiating between radio
equipment and first responder equipment.

"I gots my sidearm and I gots my radio. I'm ready to be the most
communicatin' and well armed radio club member yet! WoooHoooo!"

Roland S Geter Sr wrote:
I would like to explain to some of the uninformed hams out there .....
There is a major group of licensed amateur radio hams that are also law
enforcement officers namely like my xyl (KD6QCH) and myself (WB6LNA) as
members of the:
Maricopa County Sheriff's Office
Communications Posse Deputies
Phoenix, Arizona
We are all fully armed, uniformed, graduates of the Sheriffs Firearms
Academy with some 300-400 hours formal classroom instruction in Law
Enforcement. Off duty we are encouraged to report crime to our
Commander from our VHF & UHF repeaters throughout the city. On duty we
drive either county patrol vehicles or our own personally financed and
outfitted private vehicles. Please visit us on http://www.posse.net
Hope this satisfies the question why we support the offering of this
kind of equipment on this newsgroup.
Thanks,
Roland S Geter, PhD
Madell M Geter, RN

nospam wrote:

Does this newsgroup say rec.Siren.Swap ?????????????????????
No it doesn't. 10-4 ?

Old June 9th 04, 02:37 PM
Ronny Julian

Lets see the link to the web page that shows what you have done to get
involved with your area Tamarisk. I for one an glad there are people
willing to get involved in such a manner in this day and age.

What have you done greater that you can down what they do?

Ronny K4RJJ

Old June 9th 04, 03:00 PM
QRM

For many years, this group has included ads for commercial 2-way radios and
accessories (like lights and sirens). The title of the group does NOT
include "ham" or "amateur radio."

Just ignore the ads that don't interest you, instead of starting a flame
war.

Who put you in charge?

Old June 9th 04, 04:21 PM
Robert Grizzard

Roland S Geter Sr wrote:

[...]

Doc, maybe you should read the FAQ at
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-hie...n g_on_Usenet
(mind the wrap). The very first section in the FAQ is, "What is appropriate
to post in rec.radio.swap?", and the answer is, " Any offer to buy or sell
radio and electronics equipment, such as transmitters, receivers, antennas,
electronics parts, and radio-related computer equipment is appropriate for
this forum. Posts concerning non-hardware (but still radio-related) items
such as documentation manuals, books, radio-related software, and
publications, are also welcome. *Sirens and emergency lights would surely*
*find a more appropriate audience in one of the public safety newsgroups.*"
(Emphasis added)

In fact, you might want to bookmark
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-hierarchy/ for future reference so you
can read the FAQL for a new Usenet newsgroup before you post to that
newsgroup. It will save you the risk of embarassment at being chastized
by your academic inferior.

Thanks,
Robert V Grizzard, AASEST
--
To design the perfect anti-Unix, write an operating system that thinks
it knows what you're doing better than you do. And then adds injury to

Old June 9th 04, 06:03 PM
John Wilcox

Ron, you might want to reconsider your alliance with this character.
He has a history of telling folks "the check is in the mail" and not
delivering anything offered for sale. The only association with law
enforcement is that there is a constable in the town where he lives...

Excercise caution

Old June 9th 04, 06:35 PM
Ronny Julian

John I don't have one. I just hate it when someone starts flame wars over
such BS,

Again, if you do not like the content of the message DELETE IT! Read the
headers and then download only those you are interested in. I read maybe
10-12 messages in this NG out of every 100 that get tossed at it.

Old June 9th 04, 08:21 PM
Robert Grizzard

I wrote:

[snip]

Whoops -- almost forgot.

ObRRS: WTB: Icom IC-2720 service manual, CD or paper. To reply, make
my E-mail address valid by removing the ".invalid" domain above.

Old June 10th 04, 01:48 PM
mike

nospam wrote:

Does this newsgroup say rec.Siren.Swap ?????????????????????
No it doesn't. 10-4 ?

Real Cops One. . . News Group Cops Zero

You and the XYL keep up the good work Roland.

Mike N0QFV

Holiday Sale Jmap702 Scanner 3 November 28th 04 07:27 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Next Stop ... MARTIAL LAW Vic Canova Shortwave 4 September 9th 04 06:36 AM