Old June 24th 04, 06:56 AM
unc80

Default Need Info: Garrard Model "T" Turntable ???

Need Info: Garrard Model "T" Turntable ???

Just picked a really cool, vintage turntable, Garrard model "T".
Looks like maybe 40' or 50's vintage but no idea.. If anyone has any
info about this turntable, or any type of owners manual, service
manual, please email . Thanks!
Old October 20th 08, 05:13 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc80 View Post
Need Info: Garrard Model "T" Turntable ???

Just picked a really cool, vintage turntable, Garrard model "T".
Looks like maybe 40' or 50's vintage but no idea.. If anyone has any
info about this turntable, or any type of owners manual, service
manual, please email . Thanks!
If anyone does have any info on this model I'd love to know more too!

I have an old music center, which has a model 'T' Garrard phono, with Valve pre-amp, valve mono power amp, valve FM radio, green 'Magic-Eye' etc.

I know it was built in 1956 due to a date label i found when re-wiring the amplifiers, but apart from this i cannot find any info on this system (I don't even know what brand it was manufactured by).
It has 3 speeds that you can select, and you have to replace the headshell for each different speed you use. It's driven by a tiny little belt (that's now broken) which turns a larger rubber-edged wheel, which then turns the cast aluminum platter (which is covered with a brown piece of felt).
I have noticed that all of the internals have 'Made in England' stamped on them, with the exception of the valves, some of which have 'Canada', 'Mullard' and 'RCA' printed on them.
Anyone got any ideas???