Old March 18th 05, 09:43 PM
Dan Conti

Default FS : UNIDEN BC796D digital trunking mobile/base scanner NIB!

I am selling a brand new, in the box, never used UNIDEN BC796D mobile/
base scanner. Of course, as such it includes manual and all
accessories. This is latest digital trunking scanner offering from
Uniden which is fully APCO 25 digital capable with the digital card
already installed and on board.

CHeck my eBay feedback under OFFDAN.

I am asking $475.00 which will also include UPS ground, insured shippng.

I will accept a US Postal money order, or personal check. Personal
check will require my delaying the shipment until the check clears.

I will also accept PAYPAL, but at this price, will ask for an extra
$10.00 to cover the PAYPAL fee.

E-Mail only if interested.

Dan
Old March 19th 05, 12:49 AM
Bruce Markowitz

Now Dan, no doubt someone done you wrong, but....
Asking for additional funds for PayPal is against THEIR terms of
service, and of course they are owned by Ebay, so you just set
yourself up for someone to get you kicked out of PayPal.
I just wonder if there was something in your listing that was
offensive to them - did you say "cellular blocked"?. They may key on
the word "cellular" in any radio auction.

Old March 19th 05, 01:06 AM
Dan Conti

Now Dan, no doubt someone done you wrong, but....
Asking for additional funds for PayPal is against THEIR terms of
service, and of course they are owned by Ebay, so you just set
yourself up for someone to get you kicked out of PayPal.

Bruce...thanks for the "heads up", I didn't realize it was against their
rules, but once again, I;ve seen it done numerous times. I guess it's
just Dan Conti who can't do it!

Looks like this one was jinxed and I just aint gonna sell it Bruce.

If I put it on eBay for a BUY IT NOW price of $150.00, do you think
anyone would drop a dime on me to get it cancelled?

DO you think anyone would comment here on how cheapt it was?

I doubt it.

I just wonder if there was something in your listing that was
offensive to them - did you say "cellular blocked"?. They may key on
the word "cellular" in any radio auction.

Nope. Nothing. The bid on it the last time I looked before it was
squashed was $510.00. More then what I listed the Buy It Now at. Yes,
a high price, but I cannot control that, and I am sure anyone else here
would look to get that price as well.

Read through previous posts and you will see the original FA on it and
then some interesting comments. You make your own judgement.

Old March 19th 05, 01:08 AM
Dan Conti

Someone was kind enough to inform me that asking for the PAYPAL fee was
against their rules, so I retract that potyion of the post.

I will accept PAYPAL with no additional cost involved.

The total for the scanner is $475.00 shipped.

E-mail if interested.

Dan
Old March 19th 05, 03:15 AM
Jeff

"Dan Conti" wrote in message ...

Now Dan, no doubt someone done you wrong, but....
Asking for additional funds for PayPal is against THEIR terms of
service, and of course they are owned by Ebay, so you just set
yourself up for someone to get you kicked out of PayPal.

Bruce...thanks for the "heads up", I didn't realize it was against their
rules, but once again, I;ve seen it done numerous times. I guess it's
just Dan Conti who can't do it!

Dan

I didnt see the auction but if you did put in words about a fee
for using pay pal I can "guarantee" you that is what did you in. Its too
bad they waited till almost the close of the auction to catch it. Ive had
that very thing happen to me 2 times, and when they finally got around
to emailing me as to why, that was their reason. As to whether someone
reported it is another story. 1 of my auctions they shut down was close
to the end too. Try not and get too paranoid until you get your email
from ebay.

Jeff

Old March 19th 05, 04:34 AM
Dan Conti

Dan

I didnt see the auction but if you did put in words about a fee
for using pay pal I can "guarantee" you that is what did you in. Its too
bad they waited till almost the close of the auction to catch it. Ive had
that very thing happen to me 2 times, and when they finally got around
to emailing me as to why, that was their reason. As to whether someone
reported it is another story. 1 of my auctions they shut down was close
to the end too. Try not and get too paranoid until you get your email
from ebay.

Jeff

Jeff,

The PAY{AL fee stuff was not in the auction. I put that in the
Newsgroup post and someone called me on it, I acknowledged the mistake,
and posted a retraction right away.

Jeez, it really seems like my posts, actions, and I are being held to a
higher standard then MOST others just because I was trying to sell a
DEAD scanner.

Dan
Old March 19th 05, 05:25 AM
Mike Burch

Jeff,

How would an offer of a $10.00 discount for not using paypal go over?
:-). I bet that would still blow up someones skirt. No fee charged. M
Mike Burch K8MB

Old March 22nd 05, 04:18 AM
Dan Conti

This item has been SOLD!