Old August 15th 05, 04:48 PM
Ken Bessler

Default Has R.R.Swap become obsolete?

Between Ebay, Eham and QRZ, I'm now seeing far less
traffic here than was the norm just a few months ago. It
seems that most sellers (and buyers, probably) have moved
on to the more active forums.

I've made a habit of posting FS items all over and 95%
of the responses have come from non usenet sources.

Has R.R.Swap become obsolete?
--
73 de Ken KGØWX - Flying Pigs #-1055
Elecraft K2 #4913

Old August 15th 05, 07:06 PM
Summitrt

I think you are right. Not too much going on here anymore. Between
getting top dollar selling on eBay and all the price police,
complainers and the scammers that this group has had to deal with, I
suspect the heyday for r.r.s is over.

This was a great way to buy and sell radios when the internet was new.
Time marches on. Thanks to whoever set this up in the first place.
Bob

Ken Bessler wrote:
Between Ebay, Eham and QRZ, I'm now seeing far less
traffic here than was the norm just a few months ago. It
seems that most sellers (and buyers, probably) have moved
on to the more active forums.

I've made a habit of posting FS items all over and 95%
of the responses have come from non usenet sources.

Has R.R.Swap become obsolete?
--
73 de Ken KG=D8WX - Flying Pigs #-1055
Elecraft K2 #4913

Old August 17th 05, 04:31 AM
NA

These groups were and still are useful fot those of us who just wish to
"swap'get rid of/trade'gear". The problem with these groupes are the
"users'the ones making a business out of selling overpriced junk'. In my
opinion it would be good if "users/sellers/traders" who want to make a
business out of selling equipment stay on the for profit sites.

Jim N6PJQ

Old August 17th 05, 06:37 AM
Bill Turner

NA wrote:

The problem with these groupes are the "users'the ones making a
business out of selling overpriced junk'. In my opinion it would be
good if "users/sellers/traders" who want to make a business out of
selling equipment stay on the for profit sites.

Complete nonsense.

If something is for sale, I don't care whether it's from a
non-commercial individual or a business. If the price and conditions
are right, I'll buy. If not, the source is irrelevant.

Bill, W6WRT
Old August 17th 05, 05:03 PM
clfe

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
NA wrote:

The problem with these groupes are the "users'the ones making a
business out of selling overpriced junk'. In my opinion it would be
good if "users/sellers/traders" who want to make a business out of
selling equipment stay on the for profit sites.

Complete nonsense.

If something is for sale, I don't care whether it's from a
non-commercial individual or a business. If the price and conditions
are right, I'll buy. If not, the source is irrelevant.

Bill, W6WRT

As both a buyer and seller (personally and as a business) - I agree. Ads are
ads. You read them and if not interested, move on. I'm sure if you find ads
not of your liking in the local newspaper - you don't write them to
complain, you merely move on and then set the paper down when done reading
through it. Same here, if you don't like it - forget about it - move on. I
have failed to see why folks have such a hard time with that concept. No one
holds a gun to anyone's head here to read the ads let alone buy the item. As
to prices, if the item isn't sold in a reasonable amount of time - the
seller may get the hint and drop the price or perhaps face the prospect of
forever more being stuck with it.

clf