Old April 24th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Ron

Default Collect (Cash) on Delivery C.O.D.

Having been taken by sellers on these Newsgroups a couple of times but
have now learned how to do it. I would like to recommend that anyone
that buys anything from an unknown seller on a Newsgroup to only pay via
the United State Post Office "Cash (Collect)on Delivery". It only
costs the buyer a few dollars but will for sure stop the dishonest
sellers from taking advantage of an easy sell on a Newsgroup. Of course
the exception to this rule is you know the person that you are buying
from and know they are honest.

Thanks for reading,
Ron WA0KDS
Old April 24th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Ron

Yes nothing is 100% safe but COD is a lot better than just sending a guy
a Post Office Money Order never to see anything.

Before I would make the payment I would open the box to make sure that
what I have ordered is in it. All the people in my local Post Office
know me so that would not be a problem. If the unit was not in the Box
then the Post Office can go get the guy. I would not take a check for a
COD item only CASH.

Yes PayPal is a good way to do it but a lot still do not have a PayPal
account.

Actually the major think is that the majority of the people committing
fraud are not even going to respond to a request to send the unit COD so
that ends it right there.

Evan Platt wrote:

On 24 Apr 2006 00:37:44 EDT, Ron wrote:

Having been taken by sellers on these Newsgroups a couple of times but
have now learned how to do it. I would like to recommend that anyone
that buys anything from an unknown seller on a Newsgroup to only pay via
the United State Post Office "Cash (Collect)on Delivery". It only
costs the buyer a few dollars but will for sure stop the dishonest
sellers from taking advantage of an easy sell on a Newsgroup. Of course
the exception to this rule is you know the person that you are buying

from and know they are honest.

Well, COD - the Postal service doesn't validate / verify the check.
You can still be burned unless you pay CASH.

And then me, as a buyer.... If I pay CASH, and end up opening the box
to find out it's a package of rocks, I'm SCREWED.

I think PayPal via credit card funded payment is much better.

Old April 25th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

As a seller, I once sent some expensive microwave equipment COD to a
buyer. Unfortunately, the buyer had second thoughts on the $1500
purchase (he claimed to have "recent problems with the IRS") and never
picked up the item. UPS finally returned to me and on the return trip
UPS smashed everything up. It was insured, but a hassle to collect from
UPS. I for one will not COD again for that reason.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Old April 25th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Clif Holland

The shipper, if he wants it back...

--

Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

"rocky" wrote in message
In article , Ron
wrote:

Yes nothing is 100% safe but COD is a lot better than just sending a guy
a Post Office Money Order never to see anything.

Before I would make the payment I would open the box to make sure that
what I have ordered is in it. All the people in my local Post Office
know me so that would not be a problem. If the unit was not in the Box
then the Post Office can go get the guy. I would not take a check for a
COD item only CASH.

Yes PayPal is a good way to do it but a lot still do not have a PayPal
account.

Actually the major think is that the majority of the people committing
fraud are not even going to respond to a request to send the unit COD so
that ends it right there.

Who pays the return if the COD is refused?

Old April 26th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Ron

I think to many are picking COD apart and forgetting that there are a
lot of people on these newsgroups that are not HONEST. Lets focus on
what to do to not get RIPPED OFF and get these people off the groups.
THANKS RON

As a Seller I would probably never send anything COD but as as buyer
buying from someone I do not know what other ways is there other than
COD ? I will never send anyone a Money Order again unless the person on
the other end has very good references.

Ron WA0KDS