Old January 26th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Antennas led astray

John Smith I wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

You missed the point, Jim. Calculating the age of the
universe, ever and ever more accurately, with a standard
that may be continuously changing is technical insanity.

Cecil:

This has become an impossible argument. And, Richards' comment about
paying some attention to staying on topic caught my attention.

My point is, with our present state of knowledge and understanding of
such things as time and the "mysterious 377 ohms" (not EVEN to mention
the permittivity of space) our antenna designs and advancements have
stagnated.

Yeah, so what?

The lever hasn't improved in thousands of years other than in the use
of new materials.

The same can be said for cannon and revolver design since about 1900.

When was the last time you heard of advancements in the design of milling
machines, lathes, fork lifts, the CRT, and any number of things?

Technologies mature, get over it.

Oh, and 377 Ohms and the permittivity of free space are not "mysterious"
to the educated.

snip remaining

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old January 26th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

What I really don't understand is why understanding frames of reference
is so difficult for many evidently otherwise intelligent people.

Garbage in, garbage out ...

A frame of reference which is in error is subject to that rule ... end
of story.

Regards,
JS

Old January 26th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default The Awesome Razor

No reason for saying "percieved". It was a very real and obvious
problem.

On Jan 23, 3:56 pm, "art" wrote:
The reason for the original design was because in rarified locations
such as
Quito, Equador the yagi produces excessive corona at the element tips.

The quad solved the perceived problem. I say perceived because the
corona will eat away at the yagi antenna element lengths , In a
hazardous
area the quad is more suitable than any other antenna.
Art

Rick wrote:
On Tue, "Yuri Blanarovich" K3BU wrote:

Let's not forget this 3D champion that decimated Yagis and other inferior
contraptions by the antenna gurus and professoirs and scientwists. :-)))

73 Yuri da BUm da father of Razors

Hey Yuri,
Is it true, I've heard you can't operate a Razor over dry land, or
where there is flamable material nearby because of the fire hazard?

How about we put one up over a salt marsh, would that be safe enough
to not endanger the population?

Rick K2XT- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old January 26th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

ever understanding what frame of reference means.

Nope, sounds like my goldfish in the bowl would satisfy some here ...

Regards,
JS
Old January 26th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith I wrote:

ever understanding what frame of reference means.

Nope, sounds like my goldfish in the bowl would satisfy some here ...

Sounds like you either need more education or less alcohol/drugs.

Maybe both.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.