Old May 8th 07, 08:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default MIME type for .EZ files?

I would have thought that the easiest solution would have been to zip the
..EZ files, I am sure that the server can handle ZIP files.

73
Jeff

Old May 8th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Danny Richardson wrote:
Did you try the link I gave?

It worked with my browser. I just want my web page
to respond the same as yours.

Anyone else care to try it? http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ

Try this one and tell me what's wrong. The file is there.

http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old May 8th 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jeff wrote:
I would have thought that the easiest solution would have been to zip the
.EZ files, I am sure that the server can handle ZIP files.

I'm sure there are a number of workarounds. The question
still remains. Why does http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ
and http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ not work?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old May 8th 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:
Jeff wrote:
I would have thought that the easiest solution would have been to zip
the .EZ files, I am sure that the server can handle ZIP files.

I'm sure there are a number of workarounds. The question
still remains. Why does http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ
work and http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ not work?

^^^^

Sorry, left out a word above. I tried zipping the EZNEC
file and that worked just fine.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old May 8th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:

Danny Richardson wrote:

Did you try the link I gave?

It worked with my browser. I just want my web page
to respond the same as yours.

Anyone else care to try it? http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ

Try this one and tell me what's wrong. The file is there.

http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ

If it's really there, then perhaps the permissions are incorrect. I
tried with wget, a unix command line tool for pulling individual files
or even whole sites, and got a "404 Not Found" error. That error is
generated on the server end, not mine.

tom
K0TAR

Old May 8th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Tom Ring wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Try this one and tell me what's wrong. The file is there.

http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ

If it's really there, then perhaps the permissions are incorrect. I
tried with wget, a unix command line tool for pulling individual files
or even whole sites, and got a "404 Not Found" error. That error is
generated on the server end, not mine.

Thanks Tom, that demonstrates the problem I am having.
Why .EZ files would be handled differently by k6mhe.com
and w5dxp.com is perplexing. Maybe Linux vs Microsoft?

Danny, are you subscribing to Linux hosting?
I am subscribing to Microsoft hosting.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Old May 8th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Danny Richardson wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Danny, are you subscribing to Linux hosting?
I am subscribing to Microsoft hosting.

Linux.

Aha, that's probably the best clue yet. Thanks.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old May 8th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
. ..
Cecil Moore wrote:
Jeff wrote:
I would have thought that the easiest solution would have been to zip
the .EZ files, I am sure that the server can handle ZIP files.

I'm sure there are a number of workarounds. The question
still remains. Why does http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ
work and http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ not work?

^^^^

Cecil -

I suspect the second link above does not actually exist. My browser says
"The page cannot be found" which has nothing to do with the file type (.ez).

Sorry, left out a word above. I tried zipping the EZNEC
file and that worked just fine.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

I think some browsers may not be set up to automatically ask what to do with
the file and they might try to execute it. Try right-clicking on your link
and then select "save link as". See if that works.

I've had no problems with the coil file.

Good luck.

John

Old May 8th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John - KD5YI wrote:
I suspect the second link above does not actually exist. My browser says
"The page cannot be found" which has nothing to do with the file type (.ez).

Seems it has everything to do with file type .EZ since
every other extension works just fine. If I simply change
the coil505.EZ extension to coil505.bin and leave the file
just as it is, everything works fine. Try it for yourself.

http://w5dxp.com/coil505.bin

The server is reporting that the .EZ file cannot be found even
though it actually exists on the server. It's the Microsoft
server that has the problem. The Linux server works just
fine. Apparently, the Microsoft server doesn't recognize
..EZ as a valid file type. If I ZIP the .EZ file, it also
handles it just fine.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

csv files labtech_one Shortwave 3 April 26th 07 12:02 PM
FA: Amplex Model "C" Tube Type Radio - Antique Type - Quite Old !LP Swap 0 October 9th 04 08:58 PM
New Files David Fuller Scanner 0 March 1st 04 06:13 AM
Pro 92 SPG files rjj Scanner 1 January 6th 04 03:26 PM
.EZ files to .N4W files conversion Martin Antenna 1 August 11th 03 12:01 AM