Old January 14th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default folding a dipole in half

Richard Clark wrote:
I presume by this you mean you have enough, total length, to create a
halfwave dipole for 20M in the conventional sense.

No, I don't. I have exactly 25 feet. This needs to include any insulaters
of support ropes at the ends, if I use them.

Yes, and it brings into doubt my presumption above. It would inform
us all if you gave us the dimensions of your available space.

What would happen if I were to end feed it as if it were two seperate
wires, either with a balun or without? Would it work? What is this called?

An aircooled resistor.

Oh, thanks.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/

I'M HALF HOG Lllloyd DaViEs Policy 2 October 2nd 06 08:21 PM
folding an antenna leg Richard Clark Antenna 0 June 9th 05 09:20 PM
half-wave dipole in the forest Mark T. Kennedy Antenna 86 October 1st 04 11:09 PM
folding antenna, can it be refolded cme Antenna 4 February 23rd 04 01:33 AM