Old September 9th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default E-Field across MEAT - remove contamination

On Sep 8, 4:30*pm, "Dave" wrote:
"Art Unwin" wrote in message

Jim
Since you are with the space agency I jumped threads to ask a
question.
When a space ship leaves earth or a satellite is stable in the sky I
assume that all
are in thier own magnetic field because of relative motion of earth.

*Is it possible that there are a connecting magnetic

field in the Universe of a like polarity tp that of a geo satellite?
I would assume spacecraft record magnetic changes on their journey
but I have read no details of such measurements. When I use computer
programs to determine
a radiation field in free space of an antenna in equilibrium the
resulting radiation is zero as predicted by the extension of Gaussian
law!
Which begs the question, what provides the two like magnetic fields in
a geosatellite or are charges just sliding off the end
of antennas not in equilibrium? ( no gravity or combative weak fields
being present)
Regards
Art

well art, this sounds like a challenging situation for your theory to
predict what happens... if there is no gravity to cause the magical mystery
particles to settle on the diamagnetic elements and therefore they keep
sliding off, how do satellites communicate with each other? *a zero
radiation by your extended guassian law sure doesn't help either! *maybe you
need to do some more thinking about all this stuff.... or you could do some
actual research and see what the magnetic field environment is at
geosynchronous altitude... *just as a hint, take a look at this GOES Hp plot
hehttp://www.swpc.noaa.gov/today.html*then to get a look even farther
out you can see the magnetic field that is part of the solar wind that moves
your magical particles hehttp://www.swpc.noaa.gov/ace/MAG_SWEPAM_24h.html*maybe the particle
densities they measure can actually be related to your magical mystery
particles?

David what you presented is way beyond my pay scale and requires a
detailed knoweledge of the particular procedures and measurements
Same goes for the URL of the compass presented by NAVY? But with
reference to your term "magical mystery"
which I take as a knock on my knoweledge of physics. David you cannot
deny that the intersection of two magnetic fields provides a extra
force that is not in line. A short study on levitation should resolve
that one. The other one is the sorting methods used in savaging
materials. There are many pictures and references to the use of
levitation and non invasive metal measurements all of which are a
following of Newtons laws as well as the well founded reference to
eddy currents as the return force which creates stabalization. As I
stated before this same law of Newton can be visualed by reviewing the
mode of rotation of the two rotors on a helicopter to achieve
stabalization or equilibrium in movement Knowing the above which I am
sure you do, the use of "magical mystery" can be seen as a some what
mocking statement, and for why? And where does particle density fit
in as opposed the energy content
of something that is so small. If indications such as Weber or Gauss
were measured maybe it would make sense thus I am totally lost. With
respect to compasses I never realized that it consistedf of so many
components to protect against so many actions as well as the induced
magnetism created during manufacture . the disasters in the golden
triangle as well as with Amy in the pacific it would seem that all
should carry a sextant as a backup!
Art
Art
Old September 9th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default E-Field across MEAT

On Sep 5, 2:27*pm, Jon Mcleod wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
What you are refering to is the induction process as applied to
present day induction cookers
available in stors for the general consumer
Best regards

Actually, no, the induction cooker uses a much stronger field. *This is
a low voltage field (1v/cm) that doesn't cook (or heat) the steak.
Supposedly it disrupts internal structures inside bacteria when they try
to divide, at least so goes the hypothesis.

Hmmm...I thought the induction cooking process was merely a "cool-top"
cooking appliance using a large inductor to generate an AC magnetic
field. The h field does nothing at all to the food but it induces
currents in the (ferrous) cookware which heats the cookware allowing
it to be used in a manner similar to "hot" top resistive cooking
elements. In this case the resistance is in the cookware itself,
dissipating power from the induced current. That's what I thought it
was anyways...

If you want to really prevent bacteria growth in food, may I suggest a
good dose of Cobalt 60.
Old September 9th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 6, 3:48*pm, Richard Clark wrote:

In the 1960s, a product for cooking hotdogs (10cm) was sold. *It
consisted of exposed metal prongs that penetrated to each end of the
hot dog, and were, in turn, plugged into the wall. *Net result: in 3
minutes you had a broiled hot dog from 12V/cm.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

I remember that: It was called the "Hot Dogger". It worked quite well.
Oscar Mayer hot dogs and the like are assisted in the hot dog zap-
cooking process by the large amount of electrolyes (salt content) used
in processing the "meat". It was a resistive heat cooking process of
course, nothing exotic, but 12V/cm it was.

Old September 9th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

OK. Not quite about antennas, but before 1960 such very non-UL devices
existed. Since my dorm room had a 120/208 system, and students in those
days actually knew what that was, with a different phase on one side of the
room than on the other side of the room, one could zap a dog in a short
period of time with a cross connection. .... and I still have all of my
digits and such. Learning took place in multiple places - in those days.
Of course, one needed to survive....

73, Mac N8TT

--
J. McLaughlin; Michigan, USA
Home:

Old September 9th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art Unwin wrote:
[...]

I believe you are correct since special cookware is required with
induction cooking
and I would imagine it also has a large magnet inside the inductance
as opposed to air

Old September 10th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jon Mcleod wrote in
m:

Michael Coslo wrote:

Well put! I notice that the rules have been changed so that veggies
will be irradiated to kill the e.coli and salmonella bacteria on them.

Actually, e-field could be a much better way to kill bacteria on the
surface of vegetables, if this whole kooky idea works. I mean, holy
crap, if they're using it to cure brain tumors, it can probably
sterilize the food without genetically damaging it.

It's already an FDA approved device, first application I've heard of
is pasturization of apple juice. Google PEF (pulsed electric field)
Diversified Technologies in MA manufactured the device. They're experts
in generating pulses for the DOD and seem to be venturing into new
applications now.