Old May 3rd 09, 12:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Resonance and equilibrium

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
. net...
My designs have taken first place in several antenna competitions in the
"non-commercial" category. And sometimes first second third and fourth

please cite the competition dates and locations, sponsors, and provide a
link to results.

Old May 3rd 09, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dave wrote:

please cite the competition dates and locations, sponsors, and provide a
link to results.

You're awfully demanding of information for someone who probably isn't
even named Dave.

Here's one of the years that's available online.

http://www.csvhfs.org/ant/CSANT96.HTML

1st homebrew on 144, 1st overall on 220, 1st 2nd and 4th overall on 432.
The first place antenna on 432 was not usable under any normal
circumstances, and was physically a kludge. 1st on 144 and 4th on 432
were meant to be in a 2x2 array, but work adequately alone.

tom
K0TAR
Old May 3rd 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 3, 9:41*am, Tom Ring wrote:
Dave wrote:

please cite the competition dates and locations, sponsors, and provide a
link to results.

You're awfully demanding of information for someone who probably isn't
even named Dave.

Here's one of the years that's available online.

http://www.csvhfs.org/ant/CSANT96.HTML

1st homebrew on 144, 1st overall on 220, 1st 2nd and 4th overall on 432.
* The first place antenna on 432 was not usable under any normal
circumstances, and was physically a kludge. *1st on 144 and 4th on 432
were meant to be in a 2x2 array, but work adequately alone.

tom
K0TAR

Well I for one will apologize for any disrespect that I have shown
Art
Old May 3rd 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 3, 6:06*am, "Dave" wrote:
"Tom Ring" wrote in message

. net...

My designs have taken first place in several antenna competitions in the
"non-commercial" category. *And sometimes first second third and fourth

please cite the competition dates and locations, sponsors, and provide a
link to results.

Aw common David,
you are much to demanding of notification of other peoples efforts
You are positioning yourself as a judge in these matters yet have
declared no credentials On my antenna I have yet to have a qso with
it. Why ? Because it is my hobby and not to impress others such as
you.When I get my interest back I will go on the air like I did before
my elmer passed,G3IGP. I stopped when I took down my 80 foot boom yagi
with 13 elements made of foil covered fishing poles and now just
experiment and use the laptop
Old May 3rd 09, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Tom Ring" wrote
1st homebrew on 144, 1st overall on 220, 1st 2nd and 4th overall on 432.
The first place antenna on 432 was not usable under any normal
circumstances, and was physically a kludge. 1st on 144 and 4th on 432
were meant to be in a 2x2 array, but work adequately alone.

tom
K0TAR

yeah, but can you build a 160 thru 10 contra-wound end-fire helical that has
a VSWR less than 2.5 to1 over that range, fits in a shoebox, and has 9+ dBi
gain???? :-)

Mike W5CHR
Memphis

Old May 3rd 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 3, 11:57*am, "Mike Lucas" wrote:
"Tom Ring" wrote

1st homebrew on 144, 1st overall on 220, 1st 2nd and 4th overall on 432..
The first place antenna on 432 was not usable under any normal
circumstances, and was physically a kludge. *1st on 144 and 4th on 432
were meant to be in a 2x2 array, but work adequately alone.

tom
K0TAR

yeah, but can you build a 160 thru 10 contra-wound end-fire helical that has
a VSWR less than 2.5 to1 over that range, fits in a shoebox, and has 9+ dBi
gain???? * *:-)

Mike W5CHR
Memphis

There is aways a first time at least for those that do, others can
stand by and jeer
and sneer from the couch. To do is to over come failure, not to be
defeated by it
Old May 3rd 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
. net...
Dave wrote:

please cite the competition dates and locations, sponsors, and provide a
link to results.

You're awfully demanding of information for someone who probably isn't
even named Dave.

Here's one of the years that's available online.

http://www.csvhfs.org/ant/CSANT96.HTML

1st homebrew on 144, 1st overall on 220, 1st 2nd and 4th overall on 432.
The first place antenna on 432 was not usable under any normal
circumstances, and was physically a kludge. 1st on 144 and 4th on 432
were meant to be in a 2x2 array, but work adequately alone.

tom
K0TAR

I'm sorry, i got out of sync and thought that was art bragging about his
antennas... please don't take that as an insult, i was just too quick to
reply.

Old May 4th 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Art Unwin" wrote in message

On my antenna I have yet to have a qso with
it. Why ? Because it is my hobby and not to impress others such as
you.When I get my interest back I will go on the air like I did before
my elmer passed,G3IGP. I stopped when I took down my 80 foot boom yagi
with 13 elements made of foil covered fishing poles and now just
experiment and use the laptop.

I looked for this and related postings at rec.fishing.amateur.poles but came
up empty. Strange.

(Did find one guy who tries calling CQ into his tackle box.)

Old May 4th 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

*=========================================

I looked for this and related postings at rec.fishing.amateur.poles but came
up empty. *Strange.

(Did find one guy who tries calling CQ into his tackle box.)

Stupidity is spreading! Or was it always there but only now barriers
being broken
and stupid people coming out?
Old May 4th 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Mike Lucas wrote:

yeah, but can you build a 160 thru 10 contra-wound end-fire helical that has
a VSWR less than 2.5 to1 over that range, fits in a shoebox, and has 9+ dBi
gain???? :-)

Mike W5CHR
Memphis

Well, that's easy to answer.

I cannot.

tom
K0TAR

Equilibrium and Ham examinations Art Unwin Antenna 233 September 25th 08 11:42 PM
Equilibrium in free space Art Unwin Antenna 126 September 20th 08 04:16 PM
Equilibrium art Antenna 16 October 17th 07 01:27 AM
Gaussian equilibrium art Antenna 0 February 26th 07 08:54 PM
balun at resonance? ml Antenna 12 January 5th 05 02:32 PM