Old April 19th 09, 04:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Hardware suggestions for mounting several antennas?

I'd like to mount several antennas at more-or-less the same spot:

- wideband receiver (thinking of a Diamond D130NJ)
- broadcast FM receiver
- directional TV receiver (Channelmaster 4228)
- aviation band
- 450MHz commercial band
- 2m/70cm transmit/receive (Diamond X50NA)
- WiFi
- satellite radio receiver

I know putting them close to one another isn't ideal and may cause
interference, but I'd like to start there and see whether it's a
problem. None of the transmitters will be high power.

I plan to put them on the gable end of a wall, with mast(s) that go
above the roofline. The mast(s) need to end up about 18" away from the
wall to clear the roof overhang, and I'd like to make as few wall
penetrations as possible.

My ideas include:

- mounting a couple of pieces of uni-strut horizontally and using
regular stand-off mast brackets
- using a short piece of tower, attached to the wall, and some sort of
brackets to hold antennas off of that.

Any other suggestions that are maybe obvious to people with more
experience installing base station-type antennas?

Thanks,
Heath
Old April 19th 09, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Pretty much what I did was use a 48" piece of Flex-Angle as the horizontal
piece. On one end of the flex I mounted an Arrow 2m/70cm J-pole antenna and
on the opposite end of the flex I mounted the Arrow 6M ground plane. I then
mounted the flex-angle perpendicular to the mast with 2 U-bolts. Several
diffent antennas could be mounted on the mast at different levels. I used
the MFJ antenna analyzer on each antenna and they check great and also work
great. I used the Arrow antennas because if there is such a thing as a
bullet proof antenna Arrow builds them. Rollie KD0-FGX

What the Best Hardware for CB Stoff CB 7 October 6th 07 02:33 PM
Mounting antennas atop rowhomes? E. Recio Antenna 4 December 2nd 06 11:55 AM
FS: Old/New Hardware Rob Mills Homebrew 0 August 27th 06 07:49 PM
Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antennas made of THHN Insulated Stranded Copper Wire from the Hardware Store RHF Shortwave 3 October 4th 05 11:42 PM
Hardware question: Daniel J. Morlan General 1 January 21st 04 03:33 PM