Old May 17th 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Frequency doubling

Szczepan Białek wrote:

Is it something wrong if a visitors asks about something?
S*
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

It's wrong if the only answer you'll accept is the one you decided on
beforehand.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH
Old May 17th 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 17 May 2009 11:56:42 +0200, Szczepan Bia?ek
wrote:

So why do you post here?

Here are experts.

Ah! and by posting here, you become first among equals.

Stephan, you are simply trolling and that is why you are here.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old May 17th 09, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Dave" wrote

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

Is it something wrong if a visitors asks about something?

if you ask then you would be expecting an answer and learn from that
answer. you have ignored the responses you have received and kept going
back to your own theories based on analogies that don't fit. if you
really want to learn then read and accept the answers you have received.

The question was: "It seems that at long distances should appear the
phenomenon of frequency
doubling.
Is such?"
S*

Till today was only one Yes (Brian Howie). The rest were No.
Today Dr. Barry L. Ornitz wrote: "Nowhere in all of the respected
literature will you find frequency
doubling caused by the two ends of a dipole."

So now I know what I want. Do you agree with Dr.?
S*

Old May 17th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Richard Clark" wrote
On Sat, 16 May 2009 19:43:27 -0400, "Dr. Barry L. Ornitz"
wrote:

I suspect your problem is one of language
and adolescent stubbornness combined.

Hi Barry,

I suspect you would be wrong on two counts, but that is of no
importance.

frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP*), and also by

* This group is also not the place to bring up conspiracy theories
involving this research program.

Good resources that will add to our composite knowledge. I will
browse them. As for HAARP, that "controversy" has faded considerable
from its first incendiary introduction years ago. I wonder if Stephan
will pick up on its implications.

Now I read only the description (original if possible) of experiments and
observations. Interpretations and explanation I do myself.
Now are many publications because they are obligatory (like homework). The
problem transverse vs longitudinal is now very simple. In nature no pure
transverse waves. Always are the two components. Even water waves are
largely longitudinal.
But we need the explanation for light polarization. So I am here.
S*

Old May 17th 09, 07:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

[...]

yes, i agree, no doubling by dipole and none related to distance.

Old May 17th 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Tom Donaly" wrote
Szczepan Białek wrote:

Is it something wrong if a visitors asks about something?
S*
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

It's wrong if the only answer you'll accept is the one you decided on
beforehand.

What should I do if I was sure that the phenomenon exist. I only did not
know that it is "Luxembourg effect".
S*

Old May 17th 09, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Richard Clark" wrote
wrote:

So why do you post here?

Here are experts.

Ah! and by posting here, you become first among equals.

I hope I will be able to do as Bill Miller advice me:
" So I have the question to both of you. I have read about the acoustic
analogy. The antennas (halve wave) and loudspeakers have the same
directional pattern. Does it means that the electric waves are like the
acoustic?
S*

In that they are both waves-- yes.

Acoustic waves are longitudinal. Electric (and magnetic) waves are (almost
always) transverse.

You may want to ask your question again as a separate topic. Maybe you will
be fortunate to launch a thread as long as that from the simple (earlier)
question about how an EM wave propagates.

THAT one went on fo quite a while and almost initiated a few fist fights!

Bill " (from sci.physics.electromag).
S*

Stephan, you are simply trolling and that is why you are here.

You too serious. Science is very funny.
S*

Old May 17th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

[...]

EM waves are transverse. The Poynting vector is the cross product of the
electric and magnetic field, by definition that results in a direction of
propagation that is perpendicular to the two fields.

Old May 17th 09, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 17 May 2009 20:36:55 +0200, Szczepan Bia?ek
wrote:

Stephan, you are simply trolling and that is why you are here.

You too serious. Science is very funny.

Well, at least you didn't dispute me. And yes, I can laugh. Haven't
you noticed yet? You are a funny troll, and we all can tell you want
to keep it that way. Unfortunately, we have funnier trolls. :-(

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old May 17th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Białek wrote:
So now I know what I want. Do you agree with Dr.?

The superposition of coherent waves is a linear function.
Therefore, there is no way for the superposition process
itself to produce harmonics.

For frequency doubling to exist, there must be a nonlinear
process. The question is: Does any nonlinear process exist
between the linear transmitting antenna and the linear
receiving antenna?

I once heard a pile of tin cans talking to me. Turns out
some rusted junction in the pile of cans was detecting
the FM from the local radio station. That was a non-linear
process. Lucille Ball is reported to have picked up Japanese
CW signals through the fillings in her teeth, again a non-
linear process.
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com

Frequency doubling: Is bandpass filtering needed? Joel Koltner[_2_] Homebrew 14 May 4th 09 10:52 PM
Doubling exray[_4_] Homebrew 26 December 19th 08 06:09 PM
Doubling car mileage secret!!! [email protected] CB 0 April 24th 08 11:46 PM
SWL -newbies- High Frequency {Shortwave} Time and Frequency StandardRadio Stations RHF Shortwave 5 April 17th 08 07:22 PM
Doubling a reference frequency Mike W Homebrew 10 August 29th 04 09:43 AM