Old September 7th 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Corriolis force

Art Unwin wrote:
On Sep 6, 7:10 pm, tom wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
On Sep 6, 1:16 pm, JIMMIE wrote:

snip
refuse to make any effort to show why you are right.
Jimmie
Jimmie the answer resides in the question posed. If you have a track
record such as a degree where you can explain academically, place your
input or be declared a follower.
2;1 against me so far but I need a couple more. So far there has been
much more that have commented but I have to sort intuition from
academics to decide on the playing field

Art

I don't remember what you stated as your alma mater. Could you please
enlighten us as to where you got your EE degree?

tom
K0TAR

no

So you demand of others what you will not provide.

Add hypocrite to your list of credits.

tom
K0TAR
Old September 7th 09, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 6, 8:09*pm, Richard Fry wrote:
On Sep 6, 7:38*pm, Art Unwin wrote: Equilibrium is when there is no gain. When this occurs there is
polarisation purity.

____________

So you say, Art.

Note that a useful and practical antenna with "no gain," i.e., an
isotropic radiator, does not exist in the real world.

So what good is your concept of "equilibrium?"

RF

Enough! You did not get on the stage with respect to the laws of Gauss
and Maxwell so I must assume you are shooting from the hip.It is not
to late to add to the static /dynamic boundary question assuming you
are an engineer of some sort. Other than that.....
Old September 7th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 6, 8:25*pm, Art Unwin wrote:
Enough! You did not get on the stage with respect to the laws of Gauss
and Maxwell so I must assume you are shooting from the hip...

Probably most readers of your posts on this subject (including yours
truly) don't wish even to _appear_ to support your stated point of
view on this subject, so far.

Still, I suspect that most/all of us are willing to be convinced
otherwise, if you can supply any legitimate reason(s) for us to do so.

The next step is yours, Art.

RF
Old September 7th 09, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

After all these years after discussion between suedo experts shooting
from the hip and hitting themselves in the foot.- Hide quoted text -

Gee that's a great way to start off a civil conversation. That is the
main reason I for the most part prefer not to converse with you. You
sound more like the typecast ugly American than a British gentleman.

Jimmie
Old September 7th 09, 03:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art wrote:
"Equilibrium is when there is no gain."

I for one appreciate that statement because from my standpoint it is the
first intelligible statement I remember from Art defining "equilibrium".
If you tip a ground-mounted vertical antenna, you lose "equilibrium"
because you disrort its normal omnidirectional pattern. The result is a
gain in some directions and a loss in others. Gain and directivity are
two sides of the same coin.

Light beams and radio beams are very similiar except light is visible.
I`ve seen no gravitational effects on light beams and were radio waves
visible, I`d wager you would see no gravitational effects on them
either. The same for the Coriolis effect.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old September 7th 09, 04:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Białek wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote

We do have the needed resolution of measurement to make that test.

You must measure the mass after the halve of the cycle.

Even if this were the case...... So?

What about after a quarter of the cycle?

- Mike -
Old September 7th 09, 04:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

christofire wrote:

* You haven't cited a reference.

It's a lot easier to argue these points without references. ;^)

- 73 de Mike N3LI -
Old September 7th 09, 04:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dave wrote:

because art is the consummate Democrat...

Awesome, Dave.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -
Old September 7th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:
Somewhere along the line something has to lose mass, unless magic or
supernatural forces are involved.

You seem to be missing the fact of physics that mass
and energy are equivalent forms related by constants.

I'm also missing the citations about how mass is removed and gained from
antennas at the same time.

-73 de Mike N3LI -
Old September 7th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan wrote:
"Christofire wrote: "Would you care to cite a reference where it is
stated that EM waves in the far field of a transmitting antenna contain
a significant logitudinal component? Many respected authors, such as
Kraus, have illustrated the cintrary."

Add Terman to Kraus. On page 1 of Terman`s 1955 opus Terman says:
"Electrical energy that has escaped into free space exists in the form
of electromagtnetic waves. These waves, which are commonly called radio
waves, travel with the velocity of light and consist of mahnetic and
electric fields that are at right angles to each other and also at right
angles to the direction of travel."

Szczepan also wrote: You should see the Luxembourg effect (frequency
foubling) and directional pattern."

That would interest me. I worked four years in a European shortwave
broadcast station and I don`t remember any frequency doubling but we
aspired to hit the ionosphere with enough power to drive it into extreme
nonlinearity end impose our signal en all the others in the area ala
Luxembourg.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Force 12 - C3S [email protected] Antenna 1 October 8th 07 06:56 AM
Air Force 1 dxAce Shortwave 3 May 21st 05 08:08 PM
Air Force One dxAce Shortwave 0 June 29th 04 05:40 PM
FS: Force 12 jerryz Swap 0 October 12th 03 12:47 PM
Force 12 C-4 jerryz Antenna 0 August 9th 03 02:24 PM