Old October 3rd 09, 08:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default SMALL ANTENNAS

"Art Unwin" wrote

Get yourself a piece of aluminum mesh used for window insect stopping
entering your house.

I used a 8" x5" piece of mesh and it was resonant from about 110 to
140

Could you tell us the details of the mesh (the wire diameter and the
distance between them).
S*
MHZ so it is quite broad banded and easy to find the resonance The
vertical strands carry the applied current and the capacitance square
holes in between is a electrostatic field around which the
displacement current flows. What you have, basically, is a full wave
dipole folded very closely upon itself to form a closed circuit with a
low impedance. This is basically a transmission line if the ends are
open. The cross jumpers take the place of dielectric spacers that are
present on a open transmission line so that they may enclose an
electrostatic field created by the displacement current. The vertical
strands are really in series ,so you have effectively placed a long
length of wire into a small volume which you may shape into any form.
To play with this further, place it above a conductive sheet and note
the changes. Then try pinning it together into a cylinder and note the
changes.
Have fun playing with it.
Looking at the physics side of things. When a particle is generated by
the Sun it goes to the border and even tho it is extremely small it
breaks the border by applying a straight force vector together with a
circular vector. This same combination repeats itself when current is
applied to a radiator which also produces a circular current. These
same vectors are later repeated with gravity in combination with
rotation all of which are per laws of Newton. The particles that
escape from the sun sheath conductive materials on Earth. This is
explained by making the Gaussian field for statics a dynamic one so
that it becomes the same as Maxwells laws. The combination of fields
from the applied current when intersecting the electrostatic field
dislodges particles by elevation with spin while accellerating to the
maximum speed which is that of light so the particle can take on a
straight line trajectory with spin where the Gravity vector is
cancelled.
Elermentry explanation of the weak force in the Standard model
(Patents applied for)
Art

Art

Old October 3rd 09, 04:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:05:13 -0500, tom wrote:

Art Unwin wrote:
On Oct 2, 6:33 pm, buzz wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:

Znippd shtuff
Art
Since all the strands are connected together, the entire things just
looks like one flat piece of metal. Snake oil spin.

And what is the MFJ259B measuring when it denotes a resonant frequency?

And I DO own a 259B, so let's go toe to toe on the measurements bright boy.

Then you should be able to duplicate Art's results without knowing the
parameters of Art's test. Sez who? Well Art of course! HI

I own a MFJ-259B and find it to be an useful tool. The device's OOB
accuracy was found to be lacking but after re-calibration all was FB.
Perhaps instrumentation errors are helping to 'confirm' Art's
contradictory theories and hazy explanations.
Old October 4th 09, 04:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 1, 7:55*pm, "christofire" wrote:
"Art Unwin" wrote in message

This week end is going to be wet and cold, so I thought I would give
you a radiator to play with if you are willing to make something for
yourself.
Get yourself a piece of aluminum mesh used for window insect stopping
entering your house. Soak this piece of mesh in some watered down
muriatic acid (approx $5 a bottle at a hardware store This is to
remove the insulating coating so it becomes conductive. Now this mesh
is woven so it helps to compress the strands together by tapping with
a hammer. Connect a MFJ259B to the base corners and scan to see where
the resonant frequency is.
[...]

Since you're lecturing on physics, as I said before, you should post this to
sci.physics and sci.physics.research and see what they think.

Chris

Chris
I took your advice and sent an E mail to sci.physics research
explaining what I have found
and asking for comment. I am not a member of that group so it may well
not be picked up.
Tomorrow I will add to my home page.... Unwin Antennas...... copies of
both patent requests where the last one contains graphs of results of
mesh style radiators with other things. As time passes I will add my
other antenna patent requests from the past just for the hell of it.
Initial patent request costs were $515 each which is a lot less than
the UK and I believe it is about $200 for maintenance fees on each of
them due in about two years from now. I recommend that those with
EZNEC model the helical antenna shown as I am sure they will find it
of interest.
Regards
Art
Old October 4th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Art Unwin wrote:
On Oct 2, 6:33 pm, buzz wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:

Znippd shtuff
Art
Since all the strands are connected together, the entire things just
looks like one flat piece of metal. Snake oil spin.
And what is the MFJ259B measuring when it denotes a resonant frequency?

And I DO own a 259B, so let's go toe to toe on the measurements bright boy.

Then you should be able to duplicate Art's results without knowing the
parameters of Art's test. Sez who? Well Art of course! HI

I own a MFJ-259B and find it to be an useful tool. The device's OOB
accuracy was found to be lacking but after re-calibration all was FB.
Perhaps instrumentation errors are helping to 'confirm' Art's
contradictory theories and hazy explanations.

Or it could be he's just a loony. Ok, he _is_ just a loony.

73
tom
K0TAR
Old October 4th 09, 05:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Art Unwin wrote:
On Oct 2, 9:29 pm, tom wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:

Just made another similar size sample made of brass with a diamond
perforation and I got it down to 45 mhz where reactance was zero and
the resistance was 20 plus. I suppose I could get it to go below 45
Mhz with more manipulation but it is getting late. Seems like only a
few own a MFJ 259B which makes for silly questions and comments. Oh
well.

Just twigged on the key phrase "I got it down".

What is that supposed to mean? "I bent it?" or "I moved it next to this
nice old cast iron radiator"? What?

So he adjusted it in an undefined manner.

And what size "diamond perforation"? What angle? What percentage
perforation? What thickness is this sheet? (Almost a bad pun)

tom
K0TAR

Sorry Tom, I haven't got anymore time to waste on you. Find somebody
to show you how to use the MFJ and explain what resonance means and
you should be off and running, .......running away that is. So Tommy,
nighty ,night PLONK!

He will never answer a question with A REAL answer. Because he doesn't
have one. Only bafflegab.

Interesting since he's the one that's going to revolutionize antenna
design. We're all wrong, stuck in the mud morons, and he knows all.
Except his antennas don't work, and ours do. Funny that.

tom
K0TAR

Old October 4th 09, 11:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Art Unwin" wrote in message

Chris
I took your advice and sent an E mail to sci.physics research
explaining what I have found
and asking for comment. I am not a member of that group so it may well
not be picked up.
-snip-
Regards
Art

* Unfortunately I can't see your message when I look at
sci.physics.research, but I believe it's a moderated group so it may not
have made its way over the moderator's desk yet, as it were. Can you see
your message there? ... and, if so, what title did you give it?

Chris

Old October 4th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 4, 5:52*am, "christofire" wrote:
"Art Unwin" wrote in message

Chris
I took your advice and sent an E mail to sci.physics research
explaining what I have found
and asking for comment. I am not a member of that group so it may well
not be picked up.
-snip-
Regards
Art

* Unfortunately I can't see your message when I look at
sci.physics.research, but I believe it's a moderated group so it may not
have made its way over the moderator's desk yet, as it were. *Can you see
your message there? ... and, if so, what title did you give it?

Chris

re Weak force
Yes, it goes directly to the moderator so I imagine that it will take
time. The question being that 2 vectors can be traced from the big
bang to the boundary of earth. If it is not the weak force then where
does it fit in with GUT? This also was predicted by Einstein with
respect to radiation so if this is not it we have more searching to
do. We will have to wait and see what the technical level is and it
may well be as low as this group! Time will tell.
Old October 4th 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Art Unwin" wrote in message

[...]

* I don't think the 'technical level' of this group is low - some of the
posts are very well informed - but a group devoted to physics research must
be a more appropriate forum for airing thoughts about fundamental physics
and the Universe, thoughts that go way beyond amateur radio. I look forward
to seeing your posting there and, if you've read much of what appears there,
I think you'll find the 'technical level' there is very high.

Chris

Old October 4th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Art Unwin" wrote in message

[...]

It is a question of interpretation. There are many computer programs
that are used by hams
and they do quite well. But they generally are used for planar forms
and not what Maxwell
proposed in his formulae, where accountability of all forces involved
is a must.
So when these programs show that a radiator is tipped against the
ground to arrive at "100% efficiency" then it becomes worthy of hams
to review why this is the case. Actually it shows two vectors at work
outside the earths boundary where hams have only taken into
consideration of one, and that is gravity. So hams are now presented
with an opportunity to re asses their position on antennas such that
maybe returning to full compliance to Maxwells formula will provide a
path of improvement with respect to radiation, where one can look at
point radiation as the path towards smaller radiators. I have shown
that reviewing radiation in the light of Maxwells equations, when
compared to those of an extended Gaussian law as being equal, states
that " A conductive radiator can be of any shape, size or elevation as
long as it is in equilibrium" This obviously presents opportunities
for hams to approach with advantage antennas over and above those used
today. The sad thing is that the hobby has changed so much that the
theme is not to explore but to deny change, because we have lost the
base of curiousity and experimentation to the use of radio as a means
of talking behind the shade of anonimity
where one can assume a station in life that they really have not
earned.
Old October 4th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 4, 11:40*am, Art Unwin wrote
about "computer programs," e.g., NEC
So when these programs show that a radiator is tipped against the
ground to arrive at "100% efficiency"...

Your conclusion is faulty. See
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...19e5b91e29e0be

and...

A conductive radiator can be of any shape, size or elevation as
long as it is in equilibrium

Any conductor exposed to space will produce far-field EM radiation
from nearly 100% of the r-f current that can be made to flow along it,
in directions where fields from various parts of the conductor do not
cancel each other.

Those that will radiate most of the rated power of a transmitter will
have a high radiation resistance compared to the sum of the other
ohmic losses in the antenna system, whatever matching network is
required at the feedpoint to match the feedpoint Z to the transmission
line connected there, and a transmitter designed to supply its rated
power into that net load impedance.

Wire conductors and configurations that are small in terms of
wavelength necessarily have low radiation resistance. So systems
using them do not radiate a very high percentage of the available
power of the transmitter.

RF

small omnidirectional mobile antennas Tad Danley Antenna 3 October 24th 08 01:57 PM
Small Antennas Rollie Antenna 14 October 12th 08 08:48 PM
small antennas Art Unwin Antenna 80 October 8th 08 11:18 PM
Pictures of your antennas in the Antennas in the World directory oli Antenna 0 June 25th 07 10:01 AM
inter-reaction of hf antennas on a small lot Paladin Antenna 2 November 30th 05 09:05 PM