Old March 25th 11, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Radio waves faster than light

On 3/19/2011 11:45 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:

The idea that "we" have a transmitter on Mars notwithstanding, Jupiter
has been transmitting RF for a long time. There are enough other
spacecraft running around in our solar system, and certainly if radio
waves traveled at some other velocity than what we thought they did,

Not we but you.

No, not at all. The problem with all the folks who have these strange
desires to debunk basic physics is this:

Things are connected.

When people come up with theorys/conspiracies or whatever that
sopmething we thought we knew is so completely wrong, it is a mark of
thier ignorance that they don't realize that there is more than one
thing negated if they are correct. Want a different speed of radio
compared to light - or rather I should say faster than C ? Better be
prepared to abandon most of what we already know.

So in the end, we're left with either a remarkable ignorance, willful
stupidity, a creationist agenda, or else that ever loving fun
interactive game of arguing with the computer.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -
Old March 25th 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

On 3/24/2011 8:34 PM, Mike Coslo wrote:
Things are connected.

When people come up with theorys/conspiracies or whatever that
sopmething we thought we knew is so completely wrong, it is a mark of
thier ignorance that they don't realize that there is more than one
thing negated if they are correct. Want a different speed of radio
compared to light - or rather I should say faster than C ? Better be
prepared to abandon most of what we already know.

So in the end, we're left with either a remarkable ignorance, willful
stupidity, a creationist agenda, or else that ever loving fun
interactive game of arguing with the computer.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Wait. Are you saying Science Fiction isn't real?

Next thing you'll pull out of your hat is Divining Rods can't locate water!

Or, Bog forbid, Vaccines don't cause Autism.

tom
K0TAR
Old March 25th 11, 09:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Mike Coslo" napisal w wiadomosci
On 3/19/2011 11:45 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:

The idea that "we" have a transmitter on Mars notwithstanding, Jupiter
has been transmitting RF for a long time. There are enough other
spacecraft running around in our solar system, and certainly if radio
waves traveled at some other velocity than what we thought they did,

Not we but you.

No, not at all. The problem with all the folks who have these strange
desires to debunk basic physics is this:

Things are connected.

When people come up with theorys/conspiracies or whatever that sopmething
we thought we knew is so completely wrong, it is a mark of thier ignorance
that they don't realize that there is more than one thing negated if they
are correct. Want a different speed of radio compared to light - or rather
I should say faster than C ?

We have the two C. One of them is a constant in the wave equation.
The second is a speed of light. It is different in different media and the
frequency dependent. Also in space. An example Pulsars are spinning neutron
stars that emit pulses at very regular intervals ranging from milliseconds
to seconds. Astronomers believe that the pulses are emitted simultaneously
over a wide range of frequencies. However, as observed on Earth, the
components of each pulse emitted at higher radio frequencies arrive before
those emitted at lower frequencies. This dispersion occurs because of the
ionised component of the interstellar medium, which makes the group velocity
frequency dependent.
S*

Old April 2nd 11, 02:51 AM
Banned

Location: Czech Republic

Good afternoon.
We are a group of volunteers who care about the fate of those who got into trouble.
We urge all people to help the citizens of Japan. In the Czech Republic we have organized a fundraising drive. They are very necessary for those who remained without a roof over your head. Hope very much for your help. One we can not cope with this tragedy. All the money will pass to the Embassy of Japan.
Provide a report on the use of money.
Requisites for conversion to U.S. dollars:

Account name:
Sergey Timofeev
Account number:
600 617 50 01
Bank code:
5500
IBAN:
CZ77 5500 0000 0060 0617 5001
SWIFT/BIC:
RZBCCZPP
Bank address:
Raiffeisenbank, a.s.
Hvezdova 1716/2b
Prague
Czech Republic

Answer all questions. Write to
Thank you all for your help.

Which is faster, text or Morse Code? [email protected] Shortwave 9 February 18th 09 09:00 PM
Light, waves or particles Art Unwin Antenna 3 November 24th 08 07:13 PM
Radio Waves help!! DC Antenna 4 December 7th 06 12:49 AM
Announcement - The Radio-Mart Red Drap Is Now Second Rate - We Now Have Blue-Sky-Radio's Blue-Green Drap Fading . . . Into The Bright-White-Light ! {Come Into The Light !} RHF Shortwave 3 September 22nd 06 08:08 AM
Traveling Waves, Power Waves,..., Any Waves,... pez Antenna 10 December 13th 03 02:43 PM