Old February 21st 12, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Looking For April 1967 QST Article

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 05:34:38 +0000 (UTC), Owen Duffy
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote in
news
The ARRL archives QST from December 1915 through December 2007. More
recent issues are not available online.

You mean not available online at ARRL, that is not the same as not
available online.

Owen

Sorry. I had it right when I first inscribed it. Then, I made a few
edits and corrections, where I introduced the usual amgiguities and
incoherence.

However, this offers the chance to rant a little. I renewed my ARRL
membership about a month ago. A few days later, the third renewal
notice arrived in the mail offering a free book if I would renew. One
of the books offered looked interesting, so I sent email to the ARRL
asking if the offer could be made retroactive for those that actually
pay on time. No answer, yet. I wonder what would happen if I let the
membership lapse... perhaps an offer of two or more books? Grrrrr.....

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old February 22nd 12, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 2/21/12 12:17 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

However, this offers the chance to rant a little. I renewed my ARRL
membership about a month ago. A few days later, the third renewal
notice arrived in the mail offering a free book if I would renew. One
of the books offered looked interesting, so I sent email to the ARRL
asking if the offer could be made retroactive for those that actually
pay on time. No answer, yet. I wonder what would happen if I let the
membership lapse... perhaps an offer of two or more books? Grrrrr.....

There were a few magazines some years ago that I would let the
subscription lapse purposely. They always had a deal for new subscribers
or those who come back. Like half off the subscription price.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Old February 23rd 12, 06:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:48:45 -0500, Michael Coslo
wrote:

On 2/21/12 12:17 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

However, this offers the chance to rant a little. I renewed my ARRL
membership about a month ago. A few days later, the third renewal
notice arrived in the mail offering a free book if I would renew. One
of the books offered looked interesting, so I sent email to the ARRL
asking if the offer could be made retroactive for those that actually
pay on time. No answer, yet. I wonder what would happen if I let the
membership lapse... perhaps an offer of two or more books? Grrrrr.....

There were a few magazines some years ago that I would let the
subscription lapse purposely. They always had a deal for new subscribers
or those who come back. Like half off the subscription price.
- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Good plan. I just received an email from ARRL member services asking
which book I might want. Of course, I picked one of the antenna
books.
# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
Old February 24th 12, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 2/23/12 1:10 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Good plan. I just received an email from ARRL member services asking
which book I might want. Of course, I picked one of the antenna
books.

Excellent!
Old February 24th 12, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:23:51 -0500, Michael Coslo
wrote:

On 2/23/12 1:10 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Good plan. I just received an email from ARRL member services asking
which book I might want. Of course, I picked one of the antenna
books.

Excellent!

Thanks. However, it wasn't a difficult decision. The options we

- More Wire Antenna Classics Vol 2
- HF Digital Handbook
- Emergency Communications Handbook
- ARRL Repeater Directory
- Extra Q&A
- General Q&A

The difficult part will be to find a slot in the bookshelf. It's
crammed full of books with no space left for more.

Another mistake was to renew for 2 years, instead of one year. I
might have been able to get one book per year that way. Oh well.

Old February 24th 12, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I just rejoined ARRL and have been able to download many archived
antenna articles. It wasn't exactly a renewal since I dropped
my subscription back in 1986. No free books for me but I've
got all I need now off the net.

Irv VE6BP