Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 31st 04, 11:03 PM
Tom Ring

Richard wrote:
Whenever I think about a simple VHF wideband omnidirectional vertical
antenna for my marine band listening, I'm always thinking folded dipole. I
think I've got folded dipole on the brain. But wait - isn't it better to
make J-pole. Constructionaly simpler I think, and you can feed with
unbalanced coax. Are J-poles wideband antennas? I want any antenna to cover
156-162 MHZ (6Mhz bandwidth) - RECEICE ONLY. Would a J-Pole do here,
bandwidth-wise?TIA.

A search on google found this marine J-pole.

http://www.arrowantennas.com/j-pole.html

Looks well put together, and covers what you want at 1.5 to 1 claimed.

tom
K0TAR

A newbie with a couple of questions. Donnie B Antenna 10 February 1st 04 06:49 PM
J Pole questions Mike Burch Antenna 8 November 26th 03 10:19 PM
2 meter tv twin (300ohm) J pole question 'Doc Antenna 2 July 18th 03 03:21 PM
6m J pole Barry Antenna 4 July 14th 03 08:04 AM