Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 2nd 04, 10:59 PM
Ralph Mowery

I have a assortment of antenna that I can use for listening .The one
that I get the best Reception on is a 5/8 wave groundplane, feed with
RG-59. I put my MFJ antena analszer on it and and the SWR was nearly
flat all the way across (123 Mhz to 172 Mhz) this year I have things

If you have an antenna with a swr that is flat over that large of a
frequency range , you are loosing much of signal in the coax. You can
probably take off the antenna and have about the same swr. If that is your
best antenna, you have much work to do on all your antennas.

A newbie with a couple of questions. Donnie B Antenna 10 February 1st 04 06:49 PM
J Pole questions Mike Burch Antenna 8 November 26th 03 10:19 PM
2 meter tv twin (300ohm) J pole question 'Doc Antenna 2 July 18th 03 03:21 PM
6m J pole Barry Antenna 4 July 14th 03 08:04 AM